Attractions to explore nearby Villa Durazzo-Pallavicini - With photos & details

Get Travalour for free on Google Play

Attractions to explore nearby Villa Durazzo-Pallavicini

Villa Durazzo-PallaviciniVia Ignazio Pallavicini, 13, 16155 Genova GE, Italy

Villa Durazzo Pallavicini is a historic noble residence located in the municipality of Genoa. It is located in Pegli, a residential area in the west of the city. The complex, now owned by the municipality of Genoa, consists of a building, home to the Ligurian archeology museum, a park of almost 9 ha among the largest historical gardens in Europe, and a botanical garden named after the noblewoman Clelia Durazzo. The entrance is located next to the Genova-Pegli railway station.

10
Lighthouse of Genoa7.33 KMs away from Villa Durazzo-Pallavicini

The Lanterna di Genova is the port lighthouse of the capital of Liguria, the city once called the Superb or Dominant of the seas.  In addition to being an indispensable tool for the nocturnal navigation of ships entering and leaving the port, the Lantern is also the city's symbolic monument, almost a totem to Genoese life, and as such is part of the history of the city.  The building consists of a tower on two orders of square section with a terrace at the top of each order.

Galata Museo del Mare8.53 KMs away from Villa Durazzo-Pallavicini

The Galata - Museo del mare di Genova is the largest museum dedicated to this genus in the Mediterranean area and also one of the most modern in Italy.  The museum houses, in addition to a full-scale reproduction of a Genoese galley, several interactive rooms in which to understand what it meant, in different eras, to go to sea. One of these is the "La Merica" ​​exhibition which shows the journey of our ancestors to America.

D'Albertis Castle8.57 KMs away from Villa Durazzo-Pallavicini

D'Albertis Castle is a historical residence in Genoa, north-western Italy. It was the home of sea captain Enrico Alberto d'Albertis and was donated to the city of Genoa on his death in 1932. It currently houses the Museo Delle Culture del Mondo. IT was built in the gothic revival style and The Museum displays furniture, décor, ethnographic, and archaeological finds collected by Enrico and Luigi Maria d'albertis during their trips to Africa, America, New Guinea, and Oceania.

Royal Palace Museum8.73 KMs away from Villa Durazzo-Pallavicini

Royal Palace Museum is a major palace in Genoa. Construction of the present structure began in 1618 for the Balbi family. From 1643-1655, work renewed under the direction of the architects Pier Francesco Cantone and Michele Moncino. In 1677, the palace was sold to the Durazzo Family, who enlarged the palace under the designs of Carlo Fontana. The palace contains much original furniture and decoration. it is one of the key attractions in this area.

Aquarium of Genoa8.86 KMs away from Villa Durazzo-Pallavicini

The Aquarium of Genoa is an aquarium located in Ponte Spinola, in the sixteenth-century ancient port of Genoa. At the time of its inauguration, it was the largest in Europe and the second in the world. Owned by Porto Antico di Genova SpA and managed by Costa Edutainment SpA, it was inaugurated in 1992 on the occasion of the Colombiadi , the Expo celebrating the 500th anniversary of the discovery of America.

Porto Antico di Genova8.88 KMs away from Villa Durazzo-Pallavicini

The old port is a part of the port of Genoa currently used as a residential area, a tourist, cultural, and service center divided into two areas given in concession by the state property to the Porto Antico di Genova SpA companies. and Marina Porto Antico SpA and an area managed directly by the Municipality of Genoa.

Basilica della Santissima Annunziata del Vastato8.91 KMs away from Villa Durazzo-Pallavicini

The Basilica Della Santissima Annunziata del Vastato is a Catholic cathedral in Genoa, northern Italy; its decoration employed the major Baroque studios and artists in Genoa in the 17th century.   The facade of the church is its newest feature, dating from the mid-1800s. The clean white exterior gives no indication of the explosion of color and ornamentation you'll find when you walk inside. It was one of the main attractions in this area and also a tourist attraction too.

Bigo8.93 KMs away from Villa Durazzo-Pallavicini

The Bigo is an architectural structure present in the ancient port of Genoa. Designed by Renzo Piano for the Colombiadi in 1992, the name and design are inspired by the bigo , that is the crane used for loading and unloading in the naval environment.  The Bigo has, in addition to an image function, also a structural function and a tourist one.

Palazzo San Giorgio9.03 KMs away from Villa Durazzo-Pallavicini

Palazzo San Giorgio, or Palazzo delle Compere di San Giorgio, is one of the most important and well-known historical buildings in Genoa. It currently houses the headquarters of the Port Authority of Genoa.  The building, included in the Molo district, consists of two distinct parts: an older part, a typical example of medieval civil architecture, with the façade facing the Sottoripa portico, and a Renaissance one.

Palazzo Spinola National Gallery9.15 KMs away from Villa Durazzo-Pallavicini

The Palazzo Spinola di Pellicceria, also known as Palazzo Francesco Grimaldi, is a palace in Piazza di Pellicceria, Genoa, Italy. It currently houses an art gallery known as the National Gallery of Palazzo Spinola, and it is one of the 42 Palazzi dei Rolli listed by UNESCO as World Heritage Sites.   It is a gallery with many frescos and painting collections, and it shows how the rooms were furnished and decorated back in the 16th century

Musei di Strada Nuova - Palazzo Bianco9.24 KMs away from Villa Durazzo-Pallavicini

The Strada Nuova Museums are a single museum that includes some palaces of the Rolli of Genoa, all located in via Garibaldi: Palazzo Rosso, Palazzo Bianco, and Palazzo Tursi.  The museum itinerary starts from Palazzo Rosso, with the picture gallery and furnishings, beyond the belvedere terrace on the roof, with a 360 ° view of Genoa.  Then follows Palazzo Bianco, with a very rich cross-section of art in Genoa and Liguria from the 15th century onwards and significant works by Italian, Flemish, an

Cattedrale di San Lorenzo9.29 KMs away from Villa Durazzo-Pallavicini

The cathedral of San Lorenzo is the most important place of Catholic worship in the city of Genoa, the metropolitan cathedral of the homonymous archdiocese.  It was consecrated to the saint on 10 October 1118 by Pope Gelasius II when only the altar and a surrounding area existed, reserved for prayer, but no elevated structure. During the twelfth century it was built, but still, in the third quarter of the century, it remained unfinished and without a proper facade.

Spianata di Castelletto9.30 KMs away from Villa Durazzo-Pallavicini

Castelletto is a residential district located on the heights overlooking the historic center of Genoa, between the districts Prè , Maddalena, Pretoria, and San Vincenzo to the south, Oregina to the west, and three districts of Val Bisagno to the east.  The intensive population of the district took place progressively starting from the nineteenth century when with the urban revolution started on a project by Carlo Barabino the hill was identified as the ideal area for the bourgeois residential di

Palazzo Doria Tursi9.31 KMs away from Villa Durazzo-Pallavicini

The Palazzo Doria Tursi was built during the ‘Golden Century of Genoa’ (approx. between 1530 and 1630). It houses the boardrooms of the Mayor, as well as the enlargement of the Palazzo Bianco Gallery. Its monumental halls display famous items, such as the Guarneri del Gesù, the violin which belonged to Paganini, as well as a remarkable exhibition of decorative art pieces, and a collection of official coins, weights and measures from the old Republic of Genoa.

Via Garibaldi9.35 KMs away from Villa Durazzo-Pallavicini

Via Garibaldi, with its architectural wealth and imposing buildings, is one of the main streets of Genoa and one of the largest in the historic centre. Originally Strada Maggiore, then Strada Nuova but known until the nineteenth century as Via Aurea (the Golden Street). In 1882 it was renamed in honour of Giuseppe Garibaldi. Since July 2006 it is inscribed in the list of UNESCO World Heritage Site Genoa: the Strade Nuove and the system of the Palazzi dei Rolli.

Le Strade Nuove and the system of the Palazzi dei Rolli9.35 KMs away from Villa Durazzo-Pallavicini

Le Strade Nuove and the system of the Palazzi dei Rolli is the name of a site included in the World Heritage Site located in the historic center of Genoa.  They are a group of streets built by the Genoese aristocracy between the second half of the sixteenth century and the first half of the seventeenth century when the Republic of Genoa was at the height of its maritime and financial power.

Piazza De Ferrari9.50 KMs away from Villa Durazzo-Pallavicini

Piazza De Ferrari is the main square in Genoa. Located in the heart of the city - and particularly in the ancient district of Portoria - it is the commercial hub, financial and economic, as well as being the main point of reference on the occasion of the most important events of the city life. It has an irregular shape, due to subsequent urban interventions, which resulted in the unification of two contiguous areas, urbanistically differentiated, as also highlighted by the different architectura

Edoardo Chiossone Museum of Oriental Art9.56 KMs away from Villa Durazzo-Pallavicini

The Edoardo Chiossone Museum of Oriental Art in Genoa, located inside Villetta Di Negro, is one of the most important collections of oriental art in Europe and the most important in Italy. It preserves the entire collection of the painter and engraver Edoardo Chiossone, a native of Arenzano but who, after his youth spent in Florence, spent a good part of his life in Japan, directing the Imperial Paper and Values ​​Workshop. of Tokyo.

Porta Soprana9.58 KMs away from Villa Durazzo-Pallavicini

The Porta Soprana was one of the gateways to the city of Genoa. Among the main architectures, the medieval stone of Genoa is situated on the top of the Plan of Sant'Andrea, from which it takes its name.  It was already one of the access gates to the city at the time of the second Genoese city walls; however, the current building - following the extensive restorations carried out under the direction of Alfredo D'Andrade - reproduces the appearance that the door must have had at the time of its re

Christopher Columbus' House9.63 KMs away from Villa Durazzo-Pallavicini

The house of Christopher Columbus in Genoa is the reconstruction of the building in which Christopher Columbus lived in his youth.  Today used as a historic museum of the Municipality, the house is located a short distance from the Porta Soprana, just outside the ancient medieval walls. Historical documents have made it possible to ascertain that the navigator lived there in the lapse of time included - indicatively - between 1455 and 1470.