Via Ignazio Pallavicini, 13, 16155 Genova GE, Italy
About Villa Durazzo-Pallavicini
Villa Durazzo Pallavicini is a historic noble residence located in the municipality of Genoa. It is located in Pegli, a residential area in the west of the city. The complex, now owned by the municipality of Genoa, consists of a building, home to the Ligurian archeology museum, a park of almost 9 ha among the largest historical gardens in Europe, and a botanical garden named after the noblewoman Clelia Durazzo. The entrance is located next to the Genova-Pegli railway station.
Attractions near Villa Durazzo-Pallavicini
The Lanterna di Genova is the port lighthouse of the capital of Liguria, the city once called the Superb or Dominant of the seas. In addition to being an indispensable tool for the nocturnal navigation of ships entering and leaving the port, the Lantern is also the city's symbolic monument, almost a totem to Genoese life, and as such is part of the history of the city. The building consists of a tower on two orders of square section with a terrace at the top of each order.
The Galata - Museo del mare di Genova is the largest museum dedicated to this genus in the Mediterranean area and also one of the most modern in Italy. The museum houses, in addition to a full-scale reproduction of a Genoese galley, several interactive rooms in which to understand what it meant, in different eras, to go to sea. One of these is the "La Merica" exhibition which shows the journey of our ancestors to America.
D'Albertis Castle is a historical residence in Genoa, north-western Italy. It was the home of sea captain Enrico Alberto d'Albertis and was donated to the city of Genoa on his death in 1932. It currently houses the Museo Delle Culture del Mondo. IT was built in the gothic revival style and The Museum displays furniture, décor, ethnographic, and archaeological finds collected by Enrico and Luigi Maria d'albertis during their trips to Africa, America, New Guinea, and Oceania.
Royal Palace Museum is a major palace in Genoa. Construction of the present structure began in 1618 for the Balbi family. From 1643-1655, work renewed under the direction of the architects Pier Francesco Cantone and Michele Moncino. In 1677, the palace was sold to the Durazzo Family, who enlarged the palace under the designs of Carlo Fontana. The palace contains much original furniture and decoration. it is one of the key attractions in this area.
The Aquarium of Genoa is an aquarium located in Ponte Spinola, in the sixteenth-century ancient port of Genoa. At the time of its inauguration, it was the largest in Europe and the second in the world. Owned by Porto Antico di Genova SpA and managed by Costa Edutainment SpA, it was inaugurated in 1992 on the occasion of the Colombiadi , the Expo celebrating the 500th anniversary of the discovery of America.
The old port is a part of the port of Genoa currently used as a residential area, a tourist, cultural, and service center divided into two areas given in concession by the state property to the Porto Antico di Genova SpA companies. and Marina Porto Antico SpA and an area managed directly by the Municipality of Genoa.
Where is Villa Durazzo-Pallavicini
Discover more attractions in Liguria, where Villa Durazzo-Pallavicini is located
The Liguria region is a destination recommended both for those who like relaxation and for dynamic people: with its jagged land, its hills, peaks and cliff-hanging villages, is the ideal spot for hiking or bicycling, diving or paragliding, as well as visiting villages rich in history.