Get Travalour for free on Google Play

14 Attractions to Explore Near Church of Our Lady (Frauenkirche Nuremberg)

Church of Our Lady (Frauenkirche Nuremberg)
Church of Our Lady (Frauenkirche Nuremberg)Hauptmarkt 14, 90403 Nürnberg, Germany

An example of brick Gothic architecture, it was built on the initiative of Charles IV, Holy Roman Emperor between 1352 and 1362. Numerous works of art from the Middle Ages are kept in the church.

Nearby Attractions

St. Sebaldus Church
St. Sebaldus Church0.20 KMs away from Church of Our Lady (Frauenkirche Nuremberg)

One of the most important churches of Nuremberg city, and also one of the oldest. It takes its name from Sebaldus, an 8th-century hermit and missionary and patron saint of Nuremberg.

St. Lorenz
St. Lorenz0.34 KMs away from Church of Our Lady (Frauenkirche Nuremberg)

A medieval church of the former free imperial city of Nuremberg, one of the most prominent churches of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Bavaria. The building and furnishing of the church was cared of by the city council and by wealthy citizens. The west facade, dominated by the two towers is richly articulated, reflecting the wealth of the Nuremberg citizens.

Imperial Castle of Nuremberg
Imperial Castle of Nuremberg0.46 KMs away from Church of Our Lady (Frauenkirche Nuremberg)

A group of medieval fortified buildings on a sandstone ridge dominating the historical center of Nuremberg. The castle, together with the city walls, is considered to be one of Europe's most formidable medieval fortifications. It represented the power and importance of the Holy Roman Empire and the role of the Imperial City of Nuremberg.

Albrecht Dürer's House
Albrecht Dürer's House0.47 KMs away from Church of Our Lady (Frauenkirche Nuremberg)

Home of German Renaissance artist Albrecht Dürer from 1509 to his death in 1528. It is now a museum dedicated to Dürer's life and work. The house was built around 1420. It has five stories; the bottom two have sandstone walls, while the upper stories are timber-framed; the entire structure is topped by a half-hip roof.

Germanisches Nationalmuseum
Germanisches Nationalmuseum0.67 KMs away from Church of Our Lady (Frauenkirche Nuremberg)

Germany's largest museum of cultural history, it houses a large collection of items relating to German culture and art extending from prehistoric times through to the present day. Out of its total holding of some 1.3 million objects, approximately 25,000 are exhibited.

Nazi Party Rally Grounds
Nazi Party Rally Grounds3.36 KMs away from Church of Our Lady (Frauenkirche Nuremberg)

Six Nazi party rallies were held there between 1933 and 1938 with up to 150,000 people attending the ralies. After 1945 the city of Nuremberg redesigned the area into a park. All buildings from the NS era were demolished. Only the half-round of the terraces of the main grandstand is recognizable.

Nuremberg Zoo
Nuremberg Zoo4.43 KMs away from Church of Our Lady (Frauenkirche Nuremberg)

With 67 hectares (170 acres) and more than 300 animal species, it is one of the largest European zoos. The zoo is known for its large, natural enclosures, which are embedded in a landscape of forests and stone pits.

Bamberg Cathedral
Bamberg Cathedral50.56 KMs away from Church of Our Lady (Frauenkirche Nuremberg)

Founded in 1002 by Emperor Heinrich II and consecrated in 1012. After the first two cathedrals burned down in the 11th and 12th centuries, the current structure with four large towers, was built in the 13th century. The church contains many works of art, including the marble tomb of the founder and his wife, the Empress Kunigunde.

Weltenburg Abbey
Weltenburg Abbey81.98 KMs away from Church of Our Lady (Frauenkirche Nuremberg)

A Benedictine monastery situated on a peninsula in the River Danube. According to tradition, the abbey was founded in 617 and is believed to be the oldest monastery in Bavaria. Weltenburg Abbey brewery operated in the monastery is one of the oldest monastic brewery in the world, having been in operation since 1050.

Wild Park Castle Tambach
Wild Park Castle Tambach87.81 KMs away from Church of Our Lady (Frauenkirche Nuremberg)

The Tambach Wildlife Park is an animal park in the Coburg district in Upper Franconia, which is connected to Tambach Castle in the district of the same name in the Weitramsdorf community. It is home to numerous, mainly native, wild animals that are kept in spacious enclosures. These include red deer, fallow deer, wild boar, bison, mouflon, and elk. Other large animal species in the wildlife park are Heck cattle and Sika deer. Today the park is also home to wildcats, lynxes, and wolves.

Old Stone Bridge
Old Stone Bridge88.22 KMs away from Church of Our Lady (Frauenkirche Nuremberg)

A 12th-century bridge across the Danube linking the Old Town with Stadtamhof. For more than 800 years, until the 1930s, it was the city's only bridge across the river. The bridge has historically caused problems for traffic on the Danube. It causes strong currents which required upstream shipping with insufficient power to be towed past it until 1916.

Würzburg Residence
Würzburg Residence90.27 KMs away from Church of Our Lady (Frauenkirche Nuremberg)

Commissioned by the Prince-Bishop of Würzburg- Johann Philipp Franz von Schönborn and his brother Friedrich Carl von Schönborn in 1720, and completed in 1744. Interiors of the residence is considered masterworks of Baroque/Rococo architecture and art include the grand staircase, the chapel, and the Imperial Hall. Since 1981, the Residence has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

Fortress Marienberg
Fortress Marienberg91.38 KMs away from Church of Our Lady (Frauenkirche Nuremberg)

A prominent landmark on the left bank of the Main river in Würzburg. The mighty Fortress is a symbol of Würzburg and served as a home of the local prince-bishops for nearly five centuries. The fortress is located on a prominent spur of the 266-metre-high (873 ft) Marienberg which rises about 100 metres over the Main river on the opposite side of the city of Würzburg. Vineyards cover the slopes around the fortress.

Walhalla
Walhalla95.56 KMs away from Church of Our Lady (Frauenkirche Nuremberg)

Hall of fame that honours laudable and distinguished people in German history – "politicians, sovereigns, scientists and artists of the German tongue". The hall is a neo-classical building above the Danube River and displays some 65 plaques and 130 busts covering 2,000 years of history, beginning with Arminius, victor at the Battle of the Teutoburg Forest in AD 9.