20 Attractions to Explore Near Burg Meersburg
One of the oldest inhabited castles in Germany, located on a rocky outcropping ovelooking Lake Constance. Portions of the castle are open visitors on self-guided tours. The remainder of the castle is occupied by the descendants of Karl Mayer von Mayerfels from Munich who bought the castle in 1877.
An archaeological open-air museum consisting of reconstructions of stilt houses from the Neolithic Stone Age and Bronze Age. It has a number of exhibits displaying archeological finds from the area and period.
An island in Lake Constance maintained as a garden island and a model of excellent environmental practices. The park landscape comes with views of the lake, and there is a greenhouse as well with a tropical climate and thousands of butterflies.
The museum in the old grain chute of the Kreuzlingen monastery shows exhibitions on Lake Constance fishing, Lake Constance shipping and the Lake Constance landscape in pictures on 1,500 square meters. An exhibition on the history of Lake Constance research is in preparation. It is located in the Seeburg Park in the city of Kreuzlingen.
The Seerhein is a river about four kilometres long, in the basin of Lake Constance. It is the outflow of the Upper Lake Constance and the main tributary of the Lower Lake Constance. The water level of the lower lake is about 30 cm below the level of the Upper Lake. It is considered part of the Rhine, which flows into Lake Constance as the Alpine Rhine and flows out of the Lake as the High Rhine.
The Bommer Weiher are a series of fish ponds near Alterswilen in the municipality of Kemmental, Canton of Thurgau, Switzerland. Their surface area is about 0.15 km². They lie in a gentle valley basin at an altitude of 530 m above sea level and extend over around 16.5 hectares. The name comes from the hamlet of Bommen, a collection of a few houses south of the water.
A wonderful panoramic view awaits you on the viewing platform of the Napoleon Tower, which can be reached via 200 steps. The current tower is not the first, however, as early as 1829 Louis Napoléon III. the "Belvedère Zu Hohenrain" built. The best way to get to the tower is on the hiking trail or by bike on the Seerücken Route between Wäldi and Helsighausen.
Arenenberg is an estate with a small chateau, Schloss Arenenberg, in the municipality of Salenstein at the shore of Lake Constance in Thurgau, Switzerland that is famous as the final domicile of Hortense de Beauharnais. Today it houses the Napoleonmuseum. It is a Swiss heritage site of national significance.
The Salenstein Castle is located in the town of Salenstein in the district of Kreuzlingen in the canton of Thurgau in Switzerland. The castle was built in the 11th century. In 1092 the Lords of Salenstein was first mentioned in a document as Ministeriale of Reichenau Abbey. the castle passed through many hands over the next seven hundred years and was rebuilt and expanded several times. Baron Alexander von Herder, the grandson of Johann Gottfried Herder, bought it in 1869. He renovated the cast
A museum in Friedrichshafen on Lake Constance (Bodensee) in Germany, the birthplace of the Zeppelin airship. The museum houses the world's largest aviation collection and chronicles the history of the Zeppelin airships.
The Schloss Weinfelden is located on a hill of the Ottenberg above the town of Weinfelden in the Swiss canton of Thurgau. The landmark of the place. The striking castle complex, characterized by the keep from the 12th century, located on a rock spur above the village. Undeveloped environment. Once the seat of important families.
Hagenwil Castle is one of Switzerland's most well-preserved moated castles and its first recorded mention was in the 13th century. For more than 200 years it has been the property of the Angehrn family, who run a restaurant in the castle and produce their own wine. It provides an ideal environment for many parties and celebrations. Located in idyllic surroundings between horse pastures and vineyards.
The Seerücken is a range of hills running west-east in the canton of Thurgau in Switzerland. The highest point is at 721 m near Salen-Reutenen. The Seerücken is embedded between Lake Constance in the north and the Thur Valley in the south. In the west it is bounded by the Stammerberg near Stammheim, in the east, it runs gently to almost Romanshorn. The Seerücken is one of the most rural regions of the Swiss Plateau.
The Hudelmoos is a nature reserve in the area of the Thurgau communities Zihlschlacht and Amriswil and the St. Gallen community Muolen in Switzerland . The high moor covers 40 hectares and consists of the light birch forest, springy forest floor with small streams and ponds and is accessed by hiking trails. Today it is a unique example of the greatest biodiversity in terms of birds, butterflies , dragonflies , vascular plants , mosses and mushrooms.The moor is accessible by hiking trails and h
The Turmhof is a structural landmark of the Swiss community of Steckborn TG. The historic building directly on the Untersee houses the museum in the tower courtyard. It is considered a cultural asset of national importance. The museum in the Turmhof shows the culture and history of the submarine area. The exhibition includes prehistoric finds, including from the Neolithic, the Roman period, and the Alemanni. Particular emphasis is placed on the Steckborn furnace construction and lace making.
Arbon Castle is a former castle and now the Historisches Museum Arbon located in the municipality of Arbon of the Canton of Thurgau in Switzerland. It is a Swiss heritage site of national significance. The oldest part of the current castle is a 13th-century, originally free-standing, residential tower. It was one of the main tourist attractions in this area.
The Nollen is a hill in the municipality of Wuppenau in the canton of Thurgau, Switzerland. It has a height of 735 meters and lies on a plateau between the Thurgau and Sanktgallen Thur valleys. With its all-round view of Lake Constance, the Alps, and the Hegau, it is a popular excursion destination in the region. It is also known as "the Rigi des Thurgau". It used to be important as a triangulation point.
Neuburg - the most important and largest castle complex on the southern shore of the Untersee. In the middle of the 13th century , the barons of Klingen built the keep and the palace that still stand today. The hill fort was demolished in 1745. Today, however, extensive ruins with remains of the large curtain wall can still be seen. From the main castle , the foundation remains of are the keep received.
The Hörnli is a mountain in the municipality of Fischenthal in the east of the canton of Zurich in Switzerland. The popular panoramic mountain in the Zurich Oberland lies entirely within the canton. One of the picturesque location in this area which is apt for a picnic and trekking.