The Seerhein is a river about four kilometres long, in the basin of Lake Constance. It is the outflow of the Upper Lake Constance and the main tributary of the Lower Lake Constance. The water level of the lower lake is about 30 cm below the level of the Upper Lake. It is considered part of the Rhine, which flows into Lake Constance as the Alpine Rhine and flows out of the Lake as the High Rhine.
Attractions near Seerhein
The museum in the old grain chute of the Kreuzlingen monastery shows exhibitions on Lake Constance fishing, Lake Constance shipping and the Lake Constance landscape in pictures on 1,500 square meters. An exhibition on the history of Lake Constance research is in preparation. It is located in the Seeburg Park in the city of Kreuzlingen.
An island in Lake Constance maintained as a garden island and a model of excellent environmental practices. The park landscape comes with views of the lake, and there is a greenhouse as well with a tropical climate and thousands of butterflies.
The Bommer Weiher are a series of fish ponds near Alterswilen in the municipality of Kemmental, Canton of Thurgau, Switzerland. Their surface area is about 0.15 km². They lie in a gentle valley basin at an altitude of 530 m above sea level and extend over around 16.5 hectares. The name comes from the hamlet of Bommen, a collection of a few houses south of the water.
A wonderful panoramic view awaits you on the viewing platform of the Napoleon Tower, which can be reached via 200 steps. The current tower is not the first, however, as early as 1829 Louis Napoléon III. the "Belvedère Zu Hohenrain" built. The best way to get to the tower is on the hiking trail or by bike on the Seerücken Route between Wäldi and Helsighausen.
Arenenberg is an estate with a small chateau, Schloss Arenenberg, in the municipality of Salenstein at the shore of Lake Constance in Thurgau, Switzerland that is famous as the final domicile of Hortense de Beauharnais. Today it houses the Napoleonmuseum. It is a Swiss heritage site of national significance.
The Salenstein Castle is located in the town of Salenstein in the district of Kreuzlingen in the canton of Thurgau in Switzerland. The castle was built in the 11th century. In 1092 the Lords of Salenstein was first mentioned in a document as Ministeriale of Reichenau Abbey. the castle passed through many hands over the next seven hundred years and was rebuilt and expanded several times. Baron Alexander von Herder, the grandson of Johann Gottfried Herder, bought it in 1869. He renovated the cast
Where is Seerhein
Discover more attractions in Thurgau, where Seerhein is located