Seeweg 3, 8280 Kreuzlingen, Switzerland
About Seemuseum Kreuzlingen
The museum in the old grain chute of the Kreuzlingen monastery shows exhibitions on Lake Constance fishing, Lake Constance shipping and the Lake Constance landscape in pictures on 1,500 square meters. An exhibition on the history of Lake Constance research is in preparation. It is located in the Seeburg Park in the city of Kreuzlingen.
Attractions near Seemuseum Kreuzlingen
The Seerhein is a river about four kilometres long, in the basin of Lake Constance. It is the outflow of the Upper Lake Constance and the main tributary of the Lower Lake Constance. The water level of the lower lake is about 30 cm below the level of the Upper Lake. It is considered part of the Rhine, which flows into Lake Constance as the Alpine Rhine and flows out of the Lake as the High Rhine.
The Bommer Weiher are a series of fish ponds near Alterswilen in the municipality of Kemmental, Canton of Thurgau, Switzerland. Their surface area is about 0.15 km². They lie in a gentle valley basin at an altitude of 530 m above sea level and extend over around 16.5 hectares. The name comes from the hamlet of Bommen, a collection of a few houses south of the water.
An island in Lake Constance maintained as a garden island and a model of excellent environmental practices. The park landscape comes with views of the lake, and there is a greenhouse as well with a tropical climate and thousands of butterflies.
A wonderful panoramic view awaits you on the viewing platform of the Napoleon Tower, which can be reached via 200 steps. The current tower is not the first, however, as early as 1829 Louis Napoléon III. the "Belvedère Zu Hohenrain" built. The best way to get to the tower is on the hiking trail or by bike on the Seerücken Route between Wäldi and Helsighausen.
One of the oldest inhabited castles in Germany, located on a rocky outcropping ovelooking Lake Constance. Portions of the castle are open visitors on self-guided tours. The remainder of the castle is occupied by the descendants of Karl Mayer von Mayerfels from Munich who bought the castle in 1877.
An archaeological open-air museum consisting of reconstructions of stilt houses from the Neolithic Stone Age and Bronze Age. It has a number of exhibits displaying archeological finds from the area and period.
Where is Seemuseum Kreuzlingen
Discover more attractions in Thurgau, where Seemuseum Kreuzlingen is located