20 Attractions to Explore Near Etruscan Museum "Claudio Faina"
Top Trips and Tours in Italy
Tours and activities in Italy that might be of interest to you
All attractions near Etruscan Museum "Claudio Faina"
0.07km from Etruscan Museum "Claudio Faina"
Orvieto, a millenary city suspended almost by magic between heaven and earth, has revealed another of those aspects that make it unique and extraordinary: a labyrinth of grottoes is hidden in the silent darkness of the rupe (rock). The distinctive geological nature of the mass of stone on which it stands allowed its inhabitants to dig, in the course of about 2500 years, an incredible number of cavities extending, overlapping and intersecting beneath the modern structure of the city.
Duomo di Orvieto
0.09km from Etruscan Museum "Claudio Faina"
The Santa Maria Assunta Cathedral is the main place of worship catholic of Orvieto , in the province of Terni , the mother church of the diocese of Orvieto-Todi and masterpiece of ' Gothic architecture of' Central Italy . In January 1889, Pope Leo XIII elevated it to the dignity of a minor basilica. The building was constructed under the orders of Pope Urban IV to commemorate and provide a suitable home for the Corporal of Bolsena.
Torre del Moro Orvieto
0.23km from Etruscan Museum "Claudio Faina"
This 45m-high civic project from the late 13th century was built to keep an eye on Orvietan territory. In the 19th century, it served as the main cistern for the city's new aqueduct system, then became the bell-ringing, communal timekeeper, when a mechanical clock was installed in 1876. You can clamber up for a sweeping view of the city and, on clear days, the countryside as far as Mts.
Pozzo della Cava
0.59km from Etruscan Museum "Claudio Faina"
The Pozzo della Cava is located in Orvieto, in via Della Cava 28. It is a vast, 36-meter-deep hole originally dug by the Etruscans as a well and enlarged between 1527 and1530 by order of Pope Clement VII to supply water to Orvieto in the event of a siege. In 1646 the well was closed after five French officers were hurled down the pit in a brawl.
Necropoli Etrusca del Crocifisso del Tufo
0.72km from Etruscan Museum "Claudio Faina"
The necropolis of the Crocefisso del Tufo is an Etruscan necropolis located at the base of the cliff of Orvieto , which reached its maximum extension between the middle of the sixth century BC and the middle of the following century. It is accessed from a pedestrian street connected to the pedestrian walkway that surrounds the cliff. The small church that gave the necropolis its name can also be reached via a charming pedestrian path that descends from Porta Maggiore.
Well of St. Patrick
0.92km from Etruscan Museum "Claudio Faina"
The historic well of San Patrizio is a structure built by Antonio da Sangallo the Younger in Orvieto, between 1527 and 1537, at the behest of Pope Clement VII, a veteran of the Sack of Rome and eager to protect himself in the event of a siege of the city in which he had withdrawn. During Antonio da Sangallo's absences, the works were entrusted to Giovanni Battista da Cortona, while the decorative parts are by Simone Mosca .
Lago di Corbara
11.41km from Etruscan Museum "Claudio Faina"
Lake Corby is an artificial lake of ' central Italy, which was formed with the construction in the sixties of the hydroelectric reservoir of the same name on the river Tiber. It takes its name from the hamlet of Corbara, a town in the municipality of Orvieto. Characterized by jagged banks that stretch into a deep and narrow gorge that creeps almost as far as Todi, it is bordered on the left bank by the state road 448. It is part, together with the surrounding territories, of the Tiber River Park
Tiber River Park
13.32km from Etruscan Museum "Claudio Faina"
The Tiber is the third-longest river in Italy, rising in the Apennine Mountains in Emilia-Romagna and flowing mainly through Umbria and Lazio to the Tyrrhenian Sea, between Ostia and Fiumicino. The river is well-known because the city of Rome was founded on its eastern banks.
13.79km from Etruscan Museum "Claudio Faina"
The upstream Peglia is a mountain umbra situated in the territory of the municipality of San Venanzo, belonging to a group of reliefs that separate the territory of Orvieto from the Tiber valley , in the median segment of its path in the area of Umbria region . It is included in the area of the Monte Peglia and Selva di Meana park, with an area enclosed between the course of the Fersinone , Chiani , Faena and Calvana streams . The state-owned area is managed by the mountain community of the s
Museo del fiore
15.55km from Etruscan Museum "Claudio Faina"
The Museo del Fiore is a small interactive and multimedia museum immersed in the woods of the Monte Rufeno Nature Reserve, which is located 10 km from the town of Acquapendente and 2 km from the medieval village of Torre Alfina. An old rural building was built inside the Giardino farmhouse. With over 1,000 species of plants recognized in its territory and rare animals, the Monte Rufeno Nature Reserve, on the border with Umbria and Tuscany, is an area with a very high variety of flora and fauna.
Oasi naturalistica Lago di Alviano
16.86km from Etruscan Museum "Claudio Faina"
The Alviano Lake Naturalistic Oasis is a protected natural area managed by WWF Italy which is located in Umbria, in the province of Terni. The area has an area of about 900 hectares, which mainly fall within the territory of the Madonna del Porto hamlet, in the municipality of Guardea (where the entrance to the oasis is located), but which also partly extend into the municipalities of Alviano, Montecchio and Civitella d'Agliano.
17.65km from Etruscan Museum "Claudio Faina"
Lake Bolsena is the largest lake in the northern part of the region of Lazio in Italy and the largest volcanic lake in the whole country. The lake is home to many different varieties of fish and sea-life, and borders fine, black sand beaches. The lakeside towns are famous for their beautiful gardens and the lake area holds an annual flower festival that is really quite delightful!
19.26km from Etruscan Museum "Claudio Faina"
The Monte Cetona is a mountain located in the southern Tuscany region of Italy. The mountain stands near the SE border of the province of Siena, and closes the long, hilly ridge which divides val d'Orcia from val di Chiana. Not far from the summit there are several transission masts whose broadcasts, due to prominence and isolation of the mountain, can reach the areas of Perugia, Orvieto, and Arezzo. The Monte Cetona belongs to an S.C.I. also named Monte Cetona, which covers an area of 1604 ha.
Riserva Naturale Monte Rufeno
19.36km from Etruscan Museum "Claudio Faina"
The Monte Rufeno nature reserve is a protected natural area located in the municipality of Acquapendente , in the province of Viterbo . The risera extends for 2893 hectares in a north-northeast position in the Aquesian territory. The inhabited centers of Trevinano and Torre Alfina , very close to the reserve, are ideal starting points for excursions and visits within the protected area.
20.5km from Etruscan Museum "Claudio Faina"
La Scarzuola is a rural town in Umbria, located in the Montegiove hamlet of the municipality of Montegabbione, in the province of Terni. It is well known for the ancient convent where, according to tradition, St. Francis of Assisi lived, and for the villa in the form of a "city-theater", conceived and built in the twentieth century by the Milanese architect Tomaso Buzzi as a personal interpretation of the theme of the " ideal city ".
23.94km from Etruscan Museum "Claudio Faina"
The Teatro Della Concordia in Monte Castello di Vibio, in the province of Perugia, is the smallest Italian theater and one of the smallest historical theaters. It is defined with the slogan "the smallest in the world" as it is the faithful and successful miniature reproduction of the great Italian and European theaters.
Church of Saint Mary of Consolation
24.61km from Etruscan Museum "Claudio Faina"
Santa Maria della Consolazione is a Renaissance-style pilgrimage church in Todi, Italy. The centralized, symmetric plan, surmounted by a tall dome, distinguishes this Renaissance church, from the more common elongated basilica or Latin-cross designs. The church was built between 1508 and 1607, on the spot where a few years before some miraculous recoveries happened close to an ancient aedicule with pictures representing the Virgin holding the Infant Jesus and St Catherine of Alexandria.
Chiesa di San Fortunato
25.01km from Etruscan Museum "Claudio Faina"
The church of San Fortunato is located in Todi, in the province of Perugia, in the historic center of the city, near Piazza del Popolo. In June 1292 the church was transformed into a Gothic style. The interior has three naves of equal height, according to the typology of the Hallenkirche, each with an entrance from the facade and doors embellished with historiated bas-reliefs depicting saints, biblical prophets, and floristic ornaments.
Piazza del Popolo, Todi
25.11km from Etruscan Museum "Claudio Faina"
Piazza del Popolo represents the secular and episcopal center of Todi, in the province of Perugia, and hosts one of the most interesting medieval complexes in Italy. Around it, there are the main city monuments that testify to the city powers of the era of the Free Municipalities. On the one hand, the Cathedral of the Annunziata, symbol of ecclesiastical power; and from the others the public buildings, seat of the civic powers: the Palazzo dei Priori, the Palazzo del Capitano, and the Palazzo de
27.37km from Etruscan Museum "Claudio Faina"
A beautiful garden which was made in wood and many of its giant sculptures were carved from living rock. Stylistically, Bomarzo represents a step towards the drama of the Baroque. The garden was created during the 16th century. The park's name stems from the many larger-than-life sculptures, some sculpted in the bedrock, which populate this predominantly barren landscape.
Map of attractions near Etruscan Museum "Claudio Faina"
Hotels near Etruscan Museum "Claudio Faina"
Hotels to stay near Etruscan Museum "Claudio Faina"
Know more about Etruscan Museum "Claudio Faina"
Etruscan Museum "Claudio Faina"
Piazza del Duomo, 29, 05018 Orvieto TR, Italy
The Faina Museum is an archaeological museum located in the Faina palace in Orvieto, in the province of Terni. The museum was founded as a private collection in 1864. The museum includes ancient finds from the Greek age and Etruscan funerary objects, including a collection of Attic vases with black and red figures from the 6th - 5th centuries BC, a coin cabinet, and numismatic collections.