20 Attractions to Explore Near Palazzo della Corgna
Top Trips and Tours in Italy
Tours and activities in Italy that might be of interest to you
All attractions near Palazzo della Corgna
Rocca del Leone
0.15km from Palazzo della Corgna
The Rocca del Leone, or medieval fortress, is an interesting irregular pentagonal structure, dominated by a triangular tower 39 meters high; at the corners, four towers fortify the crenelated walls. The fort is located in Castiglione del Lago, in Umbria, on the shores of Lake Trasimeno. The real fortress is constituted by the extreme appendage of the bulwark that encloses the small peninsula on the Trasimeno. The male exercised careful surveillance activities on the lake and the neighboring lan
3.33km from Palazzo della Corgna
The Trasimeno Lake is a tectonic lake in the province of Perugia, in the region Umbria, it has an area of 128 km², the largest lake of ' central Italy, fourth among Italian lakes after the Lake Como; this extension is flanked by a scarce depth, which makes it classified as a laminar lake. The hills around the lake are the area of production of the wine called Colli del Trasimeno.
6.23km from Palazzo della Corgna
L ' Isola Maggiore is one of three natural islands of the Lake Trasimeno in Umbria. Administratively, it is a fraction of the municipality of Tuoro Sul Trasimeno in the province of Perugia. It has 15 inhabitants and has an area of 24 hectares, enclosed in a perimeter of 2 km. The coast of the island is located at 258 m asl, while the summit reaches the level of 309 m.
7.02km from Palazzo della Corgna
The Polvese island is the largest of the three existing in Lake Trasimeno, in Umbria. Used as a scientific-educational park, it is owned by the province of Perugia. Mainly based on fishing in the past centuries, now the island lives above all on environmental tourism. In fact, the presence of a small beach and areas equipped for outdoor snacks, as well as a restaurant, attract a large number of tourists during the summer.
Lago di Chiusi
10.76km from Palazzo della Corgna
The Lake Chiusi is a lake basin located in the Val di Chiana near Siena, a few kilometers north-east of the town from which it takes its name, not far from Lake Montepulciano with respect to which it is located a few kilometers to the south-east, to which it is hydraulically connected by a connecting channel inside which, near Passo alla Querce and Poggio Falcone, there is a mechanized guillotine dam. It is the second-largest lake in Tuscany , after the lake of Massaciuccoli.
Avignonesi Winery Fattoria Le Capezzine
11.04km from Palazzo della Corgna
A unique and organic wine estate based in the heart of the Nobile appellation. Offering an array of varied experiences there is something for everyone! Join us and enjoy life through a glass. Named after the original founders of the estate, the Avignonesi family, the winery has undergone an exciting journey since it was first established. Acquired by Virginie Saverys in 2009, Avignonesi has grown in size and at the same time has become a leader in biodynamic viticulture in Italy.
18.25km from Palazzo della Corgna
The Church of San Pietro was founded in the 10th century on the Monte Calvario. It functioned as the cathedral of Perugia in the 6th century, prior to the status of the cathedral being given to Santo Stefano in Castellare around 936 and then finally to San Lorenzo, the actual cathedral. The presence of many and valuable works makes the basilica of San Pietro the richest and most important collection of works of art in Perugia after the National Gallery of Umbria.
21.87km from Palazzo della Corgna
The Val di Chiana or Valdichiana, formerly the Clanis Valley, is a valley of tectonic origin, whose lakes are remnants of the Pliocene and whose valley floor consists of important alluvial residues from the 11th century, located in the ' central Italy , included among the provinces of Arezzo and Siena, in Tuscany, and among those of Perugia and Terni, in Umbria.
Città della Domenica
23.55km from Palazzo della Corgna
The Città della Domenica is a wildlife amusement park located in Perugia in Ferro di Cavallo. Inaugurated on 21 April 1963, it was the first amusement park to open in Italy. Huge in size for the time, it spread over several hills of Monte Pulito presenting, immersed in the dense Umbrian vegetation, fairytale reconstructions, wildlife areas, and small mechanical attractions for children.
25.34km from Palazzo della Corgna
Mount Tezio is a mountain dell ' Umbria center, located about 10 km north of Perugia. The mountain is located on the border between the territories of Perugia, Corciano and Umbertide. The sides of the mountain are covered with oaks of downy oak, oak and elm; these are accompanied by hornbeam and ash, as well as pine forests of various species of conifers. The mountain and its surroundings are part of the Monte Tezio municipal park, which covers an area of about 135 ha.
25.61km from Palazzo della Corgna
The upstream Acuto is an upstream Umbria central. is part of the Perugian Mesozoic massifs. It has the typical shape of a cone and is recognizable from a distance for this characteristic. It is often a destination for excursions to its peak from which you can see an excellent panorama of much of the region. At the top, there is an archaeological site with the remains of a sanctuary from the 6th - 5th century BC where a pastoral deity was venerated.
26.69km from Palazzo della Corgna
La Scarzuola is a rural town in Umbria, located in the Montegiove hamlet of the municipality of Montegabbione, in the province of Terni. It is well known for the ancient convent where, according to tradition, St. Francis of Assisi lived, and for the villa in the form of a "city-theater", conceived and built in the twentieth century by the Milanese architect Tomaso Buzzi as a personal interpretation of the theme of the " ideal city ".
Piazza IV Novembre
27.15km from Palazzo della Corgna
Piazza IV Novembre is located in the historic center of Perugia, and as Serafino Siepi wrote, "it is the most beautiful and most ancient square in the city, central to the same". The asymmetrical square opens up to the convergence of the five road axes that structure the medieval city and for its scenography, it has represented in every age the privileged place of urban functions: here the ancient forum was located and there are preserved monuments connected to the system urban planning of the E
Nobile Collegio del Cambio
27.21km from Palazzo della Corgna
The Collegio del Cambio is a part of the Palazzo dei Priori in Perugia, famous above all for the Sala Delle Adienze frescoed by Perugino. It is located at number 25 of Corso Vannucci. The Collegio del Cambio was built between 1452 and 1457. The entrance doorway is a beautifully crafted work in wood that dates back to 1505.
27.23km from Palazzo della Corgna
Corso Vannucci is the main street of Perugia . The street, which takes its name from Pietro Vannucci , a painter born in Città della Pieve and famous with the nickname Il Perugino , develops between imposing and important buildings: Palazzo dei Priori (, Palazzo dei Notari (15th century), Casa di Baldo degli Ubaldi, church of Sant'Isidoro, Palazzo Donini (1716).
Palazzo dei Priori
27.23km from Palazzo della Corgna
The Palazzo dei Priori or Comunale is one of the best examples in Italy of the public Palace of the età Comunale (XI century). It is in the central Piazza IV Novembre in Perugia, Umbria. It was the seat of the city's government and was designed to express civic pride and represent Perugia's strength and grandeur. Started in 1293, it underwent three additions and was completed in 1443.
27.23km from Palazzo della Corgna
The National Gallery of Umbria is an Italian state museum located in the Palazzo dei Priori in Perugia . It preserves the largest collection of Umbrian works of art and some of the most significant works of art in central Italy, from the thirteenth to the nineteenth century . It is owned by the Ministry for Cultural Heritage and Activities , which since 2014 has included it among the museum institutes with special autonomy.
27.24km from Palazzo della Corgna
The Cathedral of San Lorenzo is the main religious building in Perugia , in Umbria . It is the metropolitan cathedral of the Archdiocese of Perugia-Città della Pieve. Formerly the seat of the bishops and archbishops of Perugia, it has been since 1986 the archiepiscopal seat of the Archdiocese of Perugia-Città della Pieve.
The Fontana Maggiore
27.24km from Palazzo della Corgna
The centrepiece of Piazza IV Novembre, the delicate pink-and-white marble Fontana Maggiore was designed by Fra Bevignate and built by father-and-son team Nicola and Giovanni Pisano between 1275 and 1278. Some 50 bas-reliefs and 24 statues grace the two-tier polygonal basin, representing scenes from the Old Testament, the founding of Rome, the seven 'liberal arts', the signs of the zodiac, a griffin and a lion. The fountain inspired Jacopo di Grondalo for the construction of the fountain Sturina
27.25km from Palazzo della Corgna
The Rocca Paolina is a fortress of the city of Perugia. It was built between 1540 and 1543 at the behest of Pope Paul III and represented, until 1860, the symbol of papal power over the ancient city. inside the fortress, you can also admire the stone remains of the ancient "Giuoco del Pallone", a wooden stadium where this game was played. One of the main attractions in this area which attracts a lot of tourists by its notable architecture.
Map of attractions near Palazzo della Corgna
Hotels near Palazzo della Corgna
Hotels to stay near Palazzo della Corgna
Know more about Palazzo della Corgna
Palazzo della Corgna
Piazza Antonio Gramsci, 1, 06061 Castiglione del Lago PG, Italy
The Palazzo della Corgna, also known as the ducal palace, is located near the Rocca del Leone and was the main residence of the della Corgna family who ruled the marquisate of Castiglione del Lago from 1563 to 1647, then duchy from 1617. Conceived as a small "palace", it was separated from the town and surrounded by a flourishing garden, celebrated by the court poet Cesare Caporali and by the political adviser Scipione Tolomei.