20 Attractions to Explore Near La Scarzuola
Top Trips and Tours in Italy
Tours and activities in Italy that might be of interest to you
All attractions near La Scarzuola
10.06km from La Scarzuola
The upstream Peglia is a mountain umbra situated in the territory of the municipality of San Venanzo, belonging to a group of reliefs that separate the territory of Orvieto from the Tiber valley , in the median segment of its path in the area of Umbria region . It is included in the area of the Monte Peglia and Selva di Meana park, with an area enclosed between the course of the Fersinone , Chiani , Faena and Calvana streams . The state-owned area is managed by the mountain community of the s
11.59km from La Scarzuola
The Monte Cetona is a mountain located in the southern Tuscany region of Italy. The mountain stands near the SE border of the province of Siena, and closes the long, hilly ridge which divides val d'Orcia from val di Chiana. Not far from the summit there are several transission masts whose broadcasts, due to prominence and isolation of the mountain, can reach the areas of Perugia, Orvieto, and Arezzo. The Monte Cetona belongs to an S.C.I. also named Monte Cetona, which covers an area of 1604 ha.
17.42km from La Scarzuola
The Teatro Della Concordia in Monte Castello di Vibio, in the province of Perugia, is the smallest Italian theater and one of the smallest historical theaters. It is defined with the slogan "the smallest in the world" as it is the faithful and successful miniature reproduction of the great Italian and European theaters.
Tiber River Park
18.32km from La Scarzuola
The Tiber is the third-longest river in Italy, rising in the Apennine Mountains in Emilia-Romagna and flowing mainly through Umbria and Lazio to the Tyrrhenian Sea, between Ostia and Fiumicino. The river is well-known because the city of Rome was founded on its eastern banks.
Well of St. Patrick
19.77km from La Scarzuola
The historic well of San Patrizio is a structure built by Antonio da Sangallo the Younger in Orvieto, between 1527 and 1537, at the behest of Pope Clement VII, a veteran of the Sack of Rome and eager to protect himself in the event of a siege of the city in which he had withdrawn. During Antonio da Sangallo's absences, the works were entrusted to Giovanni Battista da Cortona, while the decorative parts are by Simone Mosca .
Necropoli Etrusca del Crocifisso del Tufo
20.16km from La Scarzuola
The necropolis of the Crocefisso del Tufo is an Etruscan necropolis located at the base of the cliff of Orvieto , which reached its maximum extension between the middle of the sixth century BC and the middle of the following century. It is accessed from a pedestrian street connected to the pedestrian walkway that surrounds the cliff. The small church that gave the necropolis its name can also be reached via a charming pedestrian path that descends from Porta Maggiore.
Torre del Moro Orvieto
20.33km from La Scarzuola
This 45m-high civic project from the late 13th century was built to keep an eye on Orvietan territory. In the 19th century, it served as the main cistern for the city's new aqueduct system, then became the bell-ringing, communal timekeeper, when a mechanical clock was installed in 1876. You can clamber up for a sweeping view of the city and, on clear days, the countryside as far as Mts.
Pozzo della Cava
20.41km from La Scarzuola
The Pozzo della Cava is located in Orvieto, in via Della Cava 28. It is a vast, 36-meter-deep hole originally dug by the Etruscans as a well and enlarged between 1527 and1530 by order of Pope Clement VII to supply water to Orvieto in the event of a siege. In 1646 the well was closed after five French officers were hurled down the pit in a brawl.
Duomo di Orvieto
20.45km from La Scarzuola
The Santa Maria Assunta Cathedral is the main place of worship catholic of Orvieto , in the province of Terni , the mother church of the diocese of Orvieto-Todi and masterpiece of ' Gothic architecture of' Central Italy . In January 1889, Pope Leo XIII elevated it to the dignity of a minor basilica. The building was constructed under the orders of Pope Urban IV to commemorate and provide a suitable home for the Corporal of Bolsena.
Etruscan Museum "Claudio Faina"
20.5km from La Scarzuola
The Faina Museum is an archaeological museum located in the Faina palace in Orvieto, in the province of Terni. The museum was founded as a private collection in 1864. The museum includes ancient finds from the Greek age and Etruscan funerary objects, including a collection of Attic vases with black and red figures from the 6th - 5th centuries BC, a coin cabinet, and numismatic collections.
20.53km from La Scarzuola
Orvieto, a millenary city suspended almost by magic between heaven and earth, has revealed another of those aspects that make it unique and extraordinary: a labyrinth of grottoes is hidden in the silent darkness of the rupe (rock). The distinctive geological nature of the mass of stone on which it stands allowed its inhabitants to dig, in the course of about 2500 years, an incredible number of cavities extending, overlapping and intersecting beneath the modern structure of the city.
Lago di Corbara
21.75km from La Scarzuola
Lake Corby is an artificial lake of ' central Italy, which was formed with the construction in the sixties of the hydroelectric reservoir of the same name on the river Tiber. It takes its name from the hamlet of Corbara, a town in the municipality of Orvieto. Characterized by jagged banks that stretch into a deep and narrow gorge that creeps almost as far as Todi, it is bordered on the left bank by the state road 448. It is part, together with the surrounding territories, of the Tiber River Park
Lago di Chiusi
23.09km from La Scarzuola
The Lake Chiusi is a lake basin located in the Val di Chiana near Siena, a few kilometers north-east of the town from which it takes its name, not far from Lake Montepulciano with respect to which it is located a few kilometers to the south-east, to which it is hydraulically connected by a connecting channel inside which, near Passo alla Querce and Poggio Falcone, there is a mechanized guillotine dam. It is the second-largest lake in Tuscany , after the lake of Massaciuccoli.
Riserva Naturale Monte Rufeno
23.6km from La Scarzuola
The Monte Rufeno nature reserve is a protected natural area located in the municipality of Acquapendente , in the province of Viterbo . The risera extends for 2893 hectares in a north-northeast position in the Aquesian territory. The inhabited centers of Trevinano and Torre Alfina , very close to the reserve, are ideal starting points for excursions and visits within the protected area.
24.25km from La Scarzuola
The Polvese island is the largest of the three existing in Lake Trasimeno, in Umbria. Used as a scientific-educational park, it is owned by the province of Perugia. Mainly based on fishing in the past centuries, now the island lives above all on environmental tourism. In fact, the presence of a small beach and areas equipped for outdoor snacks, as well as a restaurant, attract a large number of tourists during the summer.
Church of Saint Mary of Consolation
24.31km from La Scarzuola
Santa Maria della Consolazione is a Renaissance-style pilgrimage church in Todi, Italy. The centralized, symmetric plan, surmounted by a tall dome, distinguishes this Renaissance church, from the more common elongated basilica or Latin-cross designs. The church was built between 1508 and 1607, on the spot where a few years before some miraculous recoveries happened close to an ancient aedicule with pictures representing the Virgin holding the Infant Jesus and St Catherine of Alexandria.
Piazza del Popolo, Todi
24.36km from La Scarzuola
Piazza del Popolo represents the secular and episcopal center of Todi, in the province of Perugia, and hosts one of the most interesting medieval complexes in Italy. Around it, there are the main city monuments that testify to the city powers of the era of the Free Municipalities. On the one hand, the Cathedral of the Annunziata, symbol of ecclesiastical power; and from the others the public buildings, seat of the civic powers: the Palazzo dei Priori, the Palazzo del Capitano, and the Palazzo de
Chiesa di San Fortunato
24.44km from La Scarzuola
The church of San Fortunato is located in Todi, in the province of Perugia, in the historic center of the city, near Piazza del Popolo. In June 1292 the church was transformed into a Gothic style. The interior has three naves of equal height, according to the typology of the Hallenkirche, each with an entrance from the facade and doors embellished with historiated bas-reliefs depicting saints, biblical prophets, and floristic ornaments.
Museo del fiore
25.72km from La Scarzuola
The Museo del Fiore is a small interactive and multimedia museum immersed in the woods of the Monte Rufeno Nature Reserve, which is located 10 km from the town of Acquapendente and 2 km from the medieval village of Torre Alfina. An old rural building was built inside the Giardino farmhouse. With over 1,000 species of plants recognized in its territory and rare animals, the Monte Rufeno Nature Reserve, on the border with Umbria and Tuscany, is an area with a very high variety of flora and fauna.
26.12km from La Scarzuola
The Trasimeno Lake is a tectonic lake in the province of Perugia, in the region Umbria, it has an area of 128 km², the largest lake of ' central Italy, fourth among Italian lakes after the Lake Como; this extension is flanked by a scarce depth, which makes it classified as a laminar lake. The hills around the lake are the area of production of the wine called Colli del Trasimeno.
Map of attractions near La Scarzuola
Hotels near La Scarzuola
Hotels to stay near La Scarzuola
Know more about La Scarzuola
Località Montegiove, 05010 Montegabbione TR, Italy
La Scarzuola is a rural town in Umbria, located in the Montegiove hamlet of the municipality of Montegabbione, in the province of Terni. It is well known for the ancient convent where, according to tradition, St. Francis of Assisi lived, and for the villa in the form of a "city-theater", conceived and built in the twentieth century by the Milanese architect Tomaso Buzzi as a personal interpretation of the theme of the " ideal city ".