20 Attractions to Explore Near Palazzo dei Consoli
Top Trips and Tours in Italy
Tours and activities in Italy that might be of interest to you
All attractions near Palazzo dei Consoli
0.04km from Palazzo dei Consoli
Piazza Grande in Gubbio, one of the most evocative medieval urban realizations, was built starting from 1321: it was built in the center of gravity of the city, with impressive works of the arrangement of the supporting structures of the hanging space and of the buildings themselves, which appear almost oversized compared historical core.
Monte Cucco Park
13.41km from Palazzo dei Consoli
The Monte Cucco park is a protected natural area of the Umbria region that encompasses the territories adjacent to Monte Cucco and was established in 1995. The surface of the park extends for about 105 km², and is included in the territory of 4 municipalities, all located in Umbria. The Monte Cucco Park is an extremely varied environment: from huge beech woods to extensive prairies.
13.43km from Palazzo dei Consoli
The Monte Cucco is a mountain located in Umbria, along with the ' Apennines Umbria and Marche, in the area of' Gubbio, including in the territory of the municipalities of Costacciaro, Splinter and Pascelupo, Moat Vico, and Seal . Since 1995 it has become a protected area with the name of Monte Cucco Park. Mount Cucco is a sort of large reservoir for the rainwater that falls on the Eastern Umbrian Apennines. One of the good trekking areas and also you can spend some good times here.
15.72km from Palazzo dei Consoli
The Monte Catria is a mountain dell ' Umbria-Marche Apennines high 1701 meters above sea level located along the border between Umbria and Marche, in the territory of the municipalities of Cagli, Cantiano, Pediment, and Serra Sant'Abbondio and the municipality of Scheggia and Pascelupo: it is the central and highest of the three main massifs in the area: Monte Nerone to the north and Monte Cucco to the south respectively, with the southern part of the massif which falls within the Monte Cucco Pa
Monastery of Fonte Avellana, Scriptorium.
17.77km from Palazzo dei Consoli
The monastery of Fonte Avellana , dedicated to the Holy Cross, is located in the municipality of Serra Sant'Abbondio , in the province of Pesaro and Urbino , on the slopes of Monte Catria. Its origins date back to the end of the first millennium AD and are closely linked to the history of the Camaldolese congregation . The hermitage was perhaps founded by San Romualdo in 980 .
20.08km from Palazzo dei Consoli
The Monte Catria is a mountain dell ' Umbria-Marche Apennines high 1701 meters above sea level located along the border between Umbria and Marche, in the territory of the municipalities of Cagli, Cantiano, Pediment and Serra Sant'Abbondio and the municipality of Scheggia and Pascelupo: it is the central and highest of the three main massifs in the area: Monte Nerone to the north and Monte Cucco to the south respectively, with the southern part of the massif which falls within the Monte Cucco Par
20.21km from Palazzo dei Consoli
The Monte Nerone is a mountain of Marche belonging to the chain Umbria-Marche Apennines, located in the towns of Apecchio, Cagli, and Piobbico, in the province of Pesaro and Urbino, which reaches the height of 1525 m s.lm with a vertical drop of 1200 m from the valley floor. Located just north of the Monte Catria group which together give their name to the Mountain Community of Catria and Nerone, while to the north begins the territory covered by the Tuscan-Romagnolo Apennines.
22.99km from Palazzo dei Consoli
The Monte Nerone is a mountain of Marche belonging to the chain Umbria-Marche Apennines, located in the towns of Apecchio, Cagli, and Piobbico, in the province of Pesaro and Urbino, which reaches the height of 1525 m s.lm with a vertical drop of 1200 m from the valley floor. On the top you can find two refuges for refreshment and ski lifts with the summit manned by telecommunications facilities of the RAI and the Ministry of Defense , while the Fosso del Presale rises from the slopes .
24.06km from Palazzo dei Consoli
The upstream Acuto is an upstream Umbria central. is part of the Perugian Mesozoic massifs. It has the typical shape of a cone and is recognizable from a distance for this characteristic. It is often a destination for excursions to its peak from which you can see an excellent panorama of much of the region. At the top, there is an archaeological site with the remains of a sanctuary from the 6th - 5th century BC where a pastoral deity was venerated.
25.15km from Palazzo dei Consoli
Mount Tezio is a mountain dell ' Umbria center, located about 10 km north of Perugia. The mountain is located on the border between the territories of Perugia, Corciano and Umbertide. The sides of the mountain are covered with oaks of downy oak, oak and elm; these are accompanied by hornbeam and ash, as well as pine forests of various species of conifers. The mountain and its surroundings are part of the Monte Tezio municipal park, which covers an area of about 135 ha.
27.15km from Palazzo dei Consoli
The Chiascio is a river dell ' Umbria , 81.8 km long tributary on the left bank of the Tiber. The river is mentioned, without being named, by Dante Alighieri in Canto XI of Paradise when the Supreme Poet begins the description of the Assisi area : "Intra Tupino and the water that descends from the hill chosen by Blessed Ubaldo" ... where for "The water that descends from the chosen hill" means the Chiascio river. Along the river, in the municipality of Assisi , is the Petrignano Castle , datin
Bosco di San Francesco
30.25km from Palazzo dei Consoli
The Bosco di San Francesco is located in Assisi, at the foot of the Basilica dedicated to the Saint who lived and preached in these lands in the thirteenth century, together with his companions, giving life to the Franciscan order. In 2008, the FAI - Fondo Ambiente Italiano, thanks to the donation of Intesa Sanpaolo, acquired 64 hectares of the area, then, in 2011, following reorganization and recovery works, the forest was opened.
30.65km from Palazzo dei Consoli
Etruscan Arch, also known as Arch Augustus which date back to the III Century B.C., built along the perimeter of the old Etruscan Wall, it was the most important entrance to the city. It is made of travertine, as most Etruscan buildings, extracted from the cave of Saint Sabina. The cubes were assembled without using any mortar. The arch is placed in the middle of two trapezoidal towers built using the same technique.
30.82km from Palazzo dei Consoli
The Etruscan well, also known as "Pozzo Sorbello" from the name of the family that still owns the building that incorporates the structure, is located in Perugia, in the historic center of the city. Access to the underground space, currently open to the public as a museum, is given, at number 18 in Piazza Danti, by a covered passage that leads to the underground rooms of Palazzo .Sorbello
Piazza IV Novembre
30.85km from Palazzo dei Consoli
Piazza IV Novembre is located in the historic center of Perugia, and as Serafino Siepi wrote, "it is the most beautiful and most ancient square in the city, central to the same". The asymmetrical square opens up to the convergence of the five road axes that structure the medieval city and for its scenography, it has represented in every age the privileged place of urban functions: here the ancient forum was located and there are preserved monuments connected to the system urban planning of the E
30.88km from Palazzo dei Consoli
The Cathedral of San Lorenzo is the main religious building in Perugia , in Umbria . It is the metropolitan cathedral of the Archdiocese of Perugia-Città della Pieve. Formerly the seat of the bishops and archbishops of Perugia, it has been since 1986 the archiepiscopal seat of the Archdiocese of Perugia-Città della Pieve.
Santuario di Santa Maria infra Saxa
30.9km from Palazzo dei Consoli
The hermitage of Santa Maria Infra Saxa is located in Genga, in the Marche region, in the same cavity in which the neoclassical Temple, called del Valadier, is located. The Hermitage was built between the rocks and is partially excavated in the cave wall. The first written records of the hermitage date back to 1029 and speak of a cloistered female monastery inhabited by Benedictine nuns. It is believed that once the population took refuge in these caves to escape the attacks of the invaders.
The Fontana Maggiore
30.91km from Palazzo dei Consoli
The centrepiece of Piazza IV Novembre, the delicate pink-and-white marble Fontana Maggiore was designed by Fra Bevignate and built by father-and-son team Nicola and Giovanni Pisano between 1275 and 1278. Some 50 bas-reliefs and 24 statues grace the two-tier polygonal basin, representing scenes from the Old Testament, the founding of Rome, the seven 'liberal arts', the signs of the zodiac, a griffin and a lion. The fountain inspired Jacopo di Grondalo for the construction of the fountain Sturina
30.97km from Palazzo dei Consoli
The National Gallery of Umbria is an Italian state museum located in the Palazzo dei Priori in Perugia . It preserves the largest collection of Umbrian works of art and some of the most significant works of art in central Italy, from the thirteenth to the nineteenth century . It is owned by the Ministry for Cultural Heritage and Activities , which since 2014 has included it among the museum institutes with special autonomy.
Palazzo dei Priori
30.97km from Palazzo dei Consoli
The Palazzo dei Priori or Comunale is one of the best examples in Italy of the public Palace of the età Comunale (XI century). It is in the central Piazza IV Novembre in Perugia, Umbria. It was the seat of the city's government and was designed to express civic pride and represent Perugia's strength and grandeur. Started in 1293, it underwent three additions and was completed in 1443.
Map of attractions near Palazzo dei Consoli
Hotels near Palazzo dei Consoli
Hotels to stay near Palazzo dei Consoli
Know more about Palazzo dei Consoli
Palazzo dei Consoli
Piazza Grande, 06024 Gubbio PG, Italy
The Palazzo dei Consoli is located in Piazza Grande, in Gubbio, and represents one of the most impressive public buildings in Italy. The palace was the first building to have running water, used to power the splendid fountain located inside the palace. It was built between 1332 and 1349, according to some scholars on a project by Angelo da Orvieto, according to others on the project of the Eugubino Matteo Gattaponi. The architects were inspired by the disappeared Palazzo dei Capitani del Popolo