Top 10 attractions you must visit in Pampanga
Contents in This Page
Pampanga is a province located in the Central Luzon. The tourist spot in this province includes heritage churches and shrines, historical landmarks, and natural parks.
Attractions in Pampanga
A recreational park which was located in the heart of the Angeles city which covers an area of 7.5 ha. The park serves as an area for recreational and sports activities and hosts basketball and volleyball courts.
Built in 1925 by the couple Serafin Lazatin y Ocampo, sugar farmer and former president of SFELAPCO, and Encarnacion Singian y Torres. It was appropriated by the Japanese Imperial Army during the Second World War to Serve as a residence of the 14th Army Commander of the Japanese Imperial Army, General Masaharu Homma, in San Fernando, Pampanga. This ancestral house, which exemplifies the architecture prevalent during the American colonial period was declared a Heritage House.
The Metropolitan Cathedral of San Fernando formerly Cathedral of Our Lady of the Assumption is a neo-classical church in the City of San Fernando, in Pampanga Province of the Philippines. It is the seat of the Archdiocese of San Fernando. it was one of the prime attractions in this area.
Towering at 1,026 meters above sea level is Mount Arayat, an extinct stratovolcano and the only mountain in Pampanga. Dubbed as the roof of the province, it proudly stands in the middle of flat land bordered by the towns of Magalang and Arayat. According to local folklore, Mount Arayat is home to the mystical fairy Mariang Sinukuan, sister of Mariang Makiling of Laguna. But for adventurers, it is a playground! An ideal day hike for mountaineers based in Metro Manila and Central Luzon.
The Nayong Pilipino Clark is a cultural theme park featuring Filipino culture at the Clark Freeport Zone in Mabalacat, Pampanga. This attraction centers around Philippine history and culture and covers an area of 3.5 hectares. It also provides picnicking and green areas where one can spend the valuable time and enjoy nature.
The San Agustin Parish, known as the Lubao Church is a 17th-century Neo-classic, Spanish stone and brick church located at Brgy. San Nicolas I, Lubao, Pampanga, Philippines. In 1952, a historical marker bearing a brief history of the structure was mounted on the facade of the church by the Historical Committee of the Philippines, pioneer of the National Historical Commission of the Philippines.
The Kapampangans are blessed to have one of the train stations preserved and the original structure turned to a museum showcasing the historical highlights, story behind the iron tracks, and relevant history. displays include remnants from the war, photos of the station, and statues of pertinent people in the recent Philippine history.
This church located at Cabambangan which is now half-buried due to lahar mudflows in the early ’90s and is comparable with the Cagsawa Church in Albay, Bicol. Despite being half-buried, the Church is still being used as a place of worship, especially for Bacolorenos who demonstrated their strong faith, undying spirit and resiliency in times of calamities. The Church was already a renowned tourist destination prior to lahar tragedies, now both local and foreign tourists flock to the church whose
The Santa Monica Parish Church, commonly known as the Minalin Church, is a Baroque church, located in the Poblacion area of San Nicolas in Minalin, Pampanga, Philippines. The church, built during the Spanish era, was declared a National Cultural Treasure by the National Commission for Culture and the Arts and the National Museum of the Philippines on August 27, 2011, one of 37 churches in the country bestowed that honor.
The 1607 Santiago Apostol Parish Church, commonly known as Betis Church or Parish Church of St. James the Apostle is a Baroque Church, located in Guagua, Pampanga, Philippines. It is a Spanish-era church declared a National Cultural Treasure by the National Museum of the Philippines and the NCCA, on November 5, 2001. It is part of the Ecclesiastical Provinces of the Archdiocese of San Fernando. In 2009, the National Museum installed a marker of its 2005 Proclamation.