4 Man-made Structures- Other in Pondicherry that you should visit - With photos & details

Get Travalour for free on Google Play

4 Man-made Structures- Other to explore in Pondicherry

The Puducherry district, also known by its former name Pondicherry district, is one of the four districts of the Union Territory of Puducherry in southern India. The district occupies an area of 290 square kilometres spread over 11 non-contiguous enclaves lying on or near the Bay of Bengal within a compact area in the state of Tamil Nadu. According to the 2011 census, the district has a population of 950,289.

Aayi MandapamWhite Town, Puducherry, 605001, India

Aayi Mandapam is a white monument in Pondicherry, India built during the time of Napoleon III, Emperor of France. It is situated in center of Bharathi park. The monument commemorates the provision of water to the French city during his reign. It was named after a lady courtesan called Ayi. She destroyed her own house to erect a water reservoir to supply water for the city.

Raj NivasRanga Pillai St, White Town, Puducherry, 605001, India

Raj Niwas is the official residence of the Lieutenant Governor of Puducherry. It is located in Puducherry's capital city of Pondicherry. The present lieutenant governor of Puducherry is Dr. Kiran Bedi. Once it was the official residence of the French Governors.

Romain Rolland Library8, Goubert Ave, White Town, Puducherry, 605001, India

The Romain Rolland Library, founded in 1827 as the Bibliothèque Publique, is one of the oldest Libraries of India located in the union territory of Puducherry. In the year 1966 when the birth centenary of the Great French Scholar, Romain Rolland who was also a contemporary and a close friend of Mahatma Gandhi was celebrated, the Library was renamed after him and ever since it is known as ‘Romain Rolland Library’

Sri Aurobindo AshramNo. 9, Near Junction of Manakula Vinayagar, Kovil Street, and, Marine Street, White Town, Puducherry, 605002, India

The Sri Aurobindo Ashram is a spiritual community ashram located in Pondicherry, in the Indian territory of Puducherry. The ashram grew out of a small community of disciples who had gathered around Sri Aurobindo after he retired from politics and settled in Pondicherry in 1910. On 24 November 1926, after a major spiritual realization,