Top 24 attractions you must visit in Thurgau
Contents in This Page
Thurgau is a northeast canton of Switzerland. The canton of Thurgau is known for farm produce such as apples, pears, and other fruits and vegetables.
Attractions in Thurgau
Arenenberg is an estate with a small chateau, Schloss Arenenberg, in the municipality of Salenstein at the shore of Lake Constance in Thurgau, Switzerland that is famous as the final domicile of Hortense de Beauharnais. Today it houses the Napoleonmuseum. It is a Swiss heritage site of national significance.
The Bommer Weiher are a series of fish ponds near Alterswilen in the municipality of Kemmental, Canton of Thurgau, Switzerland. Their surface area is about 0.15 km². They lie in a gentle valley basin at an altitude of 530 m above sea level and extend over around 16.5 hectares. The name comes from the hamlet of Bommen, a collection of a few houses south of the water.
The Cholfirst , also called Kohlfirst , is the northernmost mountain range in the canton of Zurich in Switzerland with the highest point at 575 m above sea level. M. It borders the Zürcher Weinland in the north against the Rhine and in the east against the canton Thurgau and rises around 150 m above the surroundings. The Cholfirst is largely forested, steeply sloping towards the north towards the Rhine, more gently sloping with vineyards towards the Zurich wine country.
The Conny-Land is a Swiss theme park in the district of Lipperswil the community Wäldi , between Kreuzlingen and Frauenfeld . The theme park, which opened in 1983, is best known for its former dolphinarium and its Patagonian sea lions .
The exhibit of the Thurgau History Museum in Frauenfeld Castle illustrates the time after 1415 that was so important for the region. It offers both children and adults an insightful and playful gateway to the Middle Ages. The modern arrangements, interactive animation and the artwork shining in new splendour are the highlights of the multimedia castle tour.
Hagenwil Castle is one of Switzerland's most well-preserved moated castles and its first recorded mention was in the 13th century. For more than 200 years it has been the property of the Angehrn family, who run a restaurant in the castle and produce their own wine. It provides an ideal environment for many parties and celebrations. Located in idyllic surroundings between horse pastures and vineyards.
The Hörnli is a mountain in the municipality of Fischenthal in the east of the canton of Zurich in Switzerland. The popular panoramic mountain in the Zurich Oberland lies entirely within the canton. One of the picturesque location in this area which is apt for a picnic and trekking.
The Hudelmoos is a nature reserve in the area of the Thurgau communities Zihlschlacht and Amriswil and the St. Gallen community Muolen in Switzerland . The high moor covers 40 hectares and consists of the light birch forest, springy forest floor with small streams and ponds and is accessed by hiking trails. Today it is a unique example of the greatest biodiversity in terms of birds, butterflies , dragonflies , vascular plants , mosses and mushrooms.The moor is accessible by hiking trails and h
Hulftegg Pass is a mountain pass between the cantons of Zürich and St. Gallen in Switzerland. It connects Mühlrüti in the municipality of Mosnang and Steg in the municipality of Fischenthal in the Töss Valley. The pass lies between the Toggenburg in St. Gallen and the valley of the Töss River in Zürich. The pass road has a maximum grade of 10 percent. At the summit is a popular restaurant. From the pass, there are hiking trails to climb the surrounding peaks, including the Hörnli and the Schne
The Ittinger Museum was founded in 1983 by Dr. Margrit Früh, the then curator of the Thurgau Historical Museum, set up in the Ittingen Charterhouse to make the almost completely preserved monastery complex accessible to the public. Today the two museums in the Ittingen Charterhouse, the Ittingen Museum and the Thurgau Art Museum, are managed by Markus Landert.
The Murg is a 34 km long tributary of the Thur in Switzerland and flows through the Murg Valley. It rises in the canton of St. Gallen near Schlattberg above Mühlrüti, flows through the canton of Thurgau, and flows into the Thur at Warth near Frauenfeld. Along with Necker, Sitter, and Glatt, the Murg is one of the most important tributaries of the Thur.
A wonderful panoramic view awaits you on the viewing platform of the Napoleon Tower, which can be reached via 200 steps. The current tower is not the first, however, as early as 1829 Louis Napoléon III. the "Belvedère Zu Hohenrain" built. The best way to get to the tower is on the hiking trail or by bike on the Seerücken Route between Wäldi and Helsighausen.
The Nollen is a hill in the municipality of Wuppenau in the canton of Thurgau, Switzerland. It has a height of 735 meters and lies on a plateau between the Thurgau and Sanktgallen Thur valleys. With its all-round view of Lake Constance, the Alps, and the Hegau, it is a popular excursion destination in the region. It is also known as "the Rigi des Thurgau". It used to be important as a triangulation point.
The Salenstein Castle is located in the town of Salenstein in the district of Kreuzlingen in the canton of Thurgau in Switzerland. The castle was built in the 11th century. In 1092 the Lords of Salenstein was first mentioned in a document as Ministeriale of Reichenau Abbey. the castle passed through many hands over the next seven hundred years and was rebuilt and expanded several times. Baron Alexander von Herder, the grandson of Johann Gottfried Herder, bought it in 1869. He renovated the cast
The Schloss Weinfelden is located on a hill of the Ottenberg above the town of Weinfelden in the Swiss canton of Thurgau. The landmark of the place. The striking castle complex, characterized by the keep from the 12th century, located on a rock spur above the village. Undeveloped environment. Once the seat of important families.
The Schnebelhorn is a mountain located near Fischenthal in the Töss Valley, between the cantons of Zurich (west) and St. Gallen (east). It is the highest summit of the canton of Zurich. Various trails lead to the summit from all sides. Most of the massif is covered by forests.
The museum in the old grain chute of the Kreuzlingen monastery shows exhibitions on Lake Constance fishing, Lake Constance shipping and the Lake Constance landscape in pictures on 1,500 square meters. An exhibition on the history of Lake Constance research is in preparation. It is located in the Seeburg Park in the city of Kreuzlingen.
The Seerhein is a river about four kilometres long, in the basin of Lake Constance. It is the outflow of the Upper Lake Constance and the main tributary of the Lower Lake Constance. The water level of the lower lake is about 30 cm below the level of the Upper Lake. It is considered part of the Rhine, which flows into Lake Constance as the Alpine Rhine and flows out of the Lake as the High Rhine.
The Seerücken is a range of hills running west-east in the canton of Thurgau in Switzerland. The highest point is at 721 m near Salen-Reutenen. The Seerücken is embedded between Lake Constance in the north and the Thur Valley in the south. In the west it is bounded by the Stammerberg near Stammheim, in the east, it runs gently to almost Romanshorn. The Seerücken is one of the most rural regions of the Swiss Plateau.