Promenade de la Treille
Rampe de la Treille, 1204 Genève, Switzerland
About Promenade de la Treille
The promenade de la Treille is a promenade located in the old town of Geneva in Switzerland . It is spread out between the mansions of rue des Granges, the Hôtel-de-Ville and the ramparts overlooking the Parc des Bastions . At the top of the promenade is the official chestnut tree whose first bud, regularly reported by the press, marks the arrival of spring.
Attractions near Promenade de la Treille
The imposing Reformation Wall stands in the Parc des Bastions, portraying the major figures of the Reformation in the form of huge statues and bas-reliefs. At the centre are John Calvin, William Farel, Théodore de Bèze, and John Knox. On the sides are those who spread the Reformation throughout Europe. Engraved in the wall, the motto of Geneva “Post Tenebras Lux” is a core phrase of Calvinist philosophy. At the park’s exit lies the Place de Neuve with its buildings dedicated to art and culture.
This lush park below the Old Town is situated in the heart of the city. It is here that Geneva created its first botanical garden. In and around the Parc des Bastions you will find the world-renowned Reformation Wall and the leading reformers, the Palais Eynard, seat of the city government, and the old university building with its library. The former bandstand is now a restaurant. On its side, a giant checkers game and chessboard attract players and spectators alike.
Maison Tavel, meaning Tavel House, is the oldest house in Geneva, built in the 12th century by the Maison family. In 1334, the house was reconstructed following a devastating fire. In 1963, the house was purchased by the city of Geneva and remade into the museum of history of Geneva.
The Calvin Auditorium or Calvin Auditory, originally the Notre-Dame-la-Neuve Chapel, is a chapel in Geneva, Switzerland, which played a significant role in the Protestant Reformation. It is associated with John Calvin, Theodore Beza, and John Knox. The auditorium lies directly adjacent to St. Pierre Cathedral in the Place de la Taconnerie. The austere Gothic-style building was constructed in the 15th century, on the site of earlier 5th-century religious buildings, and was originally dedicated t
St. Peter's Cathedral is over 850 years old Geneva's main church, famous for Jan Kalvin preaching here. St. Peter's Cathedral is located in the center of Geneva's Old Town, slightly on the hill overseeing the city, combining various architectural styles from Gothic to Ancient, as it was being rebuilt over the centuries. Since 16th-century Cathedral belongs to the Reformed Church. Cathedral also hosts numerous concerts, there is an archaeological site and Maccabean Caple located here and open for
Place du Bourg-de-Four is a city square in the Old Town of Geneva, Switzerland. It is a commercial center, with fountains, restaurants (with outdoor seating), gelaterias, and high-end shopping. The Place is also near Geneva's largest church, St. Pierre Cathedral. It is one of the architectural wonders in this area and also a renowned tourist attraction.
Where is Promenade de la Treille
Discover more attractions in Geneva, where Promenade de la Treille is located