Parc des Bastions
Prom. des Bastions 1, 1204 Genève, Switzerland
About Parc des Bastions
This lush park below the Old Town is situated in the heart of the city. It is here that Geneva created its first botanical garden. In and around the Parc des Bastions you will find the world-renowned Reformation Wall and the leading reformers, the Palais Eynard, seat of the city government, and the old university building with its library. The former bandstand is now a restaurant. On its side, a giant checkers game and chessboard attract players and spectators alike.
Attractions near Parc des Bastions
The imposing Reformation Wall stands in the Parc des Bastions, portraying the major figures of the Reformation in the form of huge statues and bas-reliefs. At the centre are John Calvin, William Farel, Théodore de Bèze, and John Knox. On the sides are those who spread the Reformation throughout Europe. Engraved in the wall, the motto of Geneva “Post Tenebras Lux” is a core phrase of Calvinist philosophy. At the park’s exit lies the Place de Neuve with its buildings dedicated to art and culture.
The promenade de la Treille is a promenade located in the old town of Geneva in Switzerland . It is spread out between the mansions of rue des Granges, the Hôtel-de-Ville and the ramparts overlooking the Parc des Bastions . At the top of the promenade is the official chestnut tree whose first bud, regularly reported by the press, marks the arrival of spring.
Maison Tavel, meaning Tavel House, is the oldest house in Geneva, built in the 12th century by the Maison family. In 1334, the house was reconstructed following a devastating fire. In 1963, the house was purchased by the city of Geneva and remade into the museum of history of Geneva.
The Calvin Auditorium or Calvin Auditory, originally the Notre-Dame-la-Neuve Chapel, is a chapel in Geneva, Switzerland, which played a significant role in the Protestant Reformation. It is associated with John Calvin, Theodore Beza, and John Knox. The auditorium lies directly adjacent to St. Pierre Cathedral in the Place de la Taconnerie. The austere Gothic-style building was constructed in the 15th century, on the site of earlier 5th-century religious buildings, and was originally dedicated t
Situated in the heart of Old Town Geneva, the Barbier-Müller Museum preserves, exhibits, and studies a collection that started in 1907. Today the collection contains thousands of artworks from tribal and classical Antiquity as well as sculptures, fabrics, and ornaments from around the world. Many of these items are priceless masterpieces. These “historic” items cannot be found anywhere else today, which makes this private collection the most important of its kind in the world.
Place du Bourg-de-Four is a city square in the Old Town of Geneva, Switzerland. It is a commercial center, with fountains, restaurants (with outdoor seating), gelaterias, and high-end shopping. The Place is also near Geneva's largest church, St. Pierre Cathedral. It is one of the architectural wonders in this area and also a renowned tourist attraction.
Where is Parc des Bastions
Discover more attractions in Geneva, where Parc des Bastions is located