Dreirosenbrücke, Basel, Switzerland
The Dreirosenbrücke is a road bridge in the Swiss city of Basel and is the last Swiss Rhine bridge . The bridge got its name after the property "To the three roses" on the Kleinbasler bridgehead. The original estate at this point belonged to the Iselin family, whose family coat of arms shows three white roses.
Attractions near Dreirosenbrücke
St. Johanns-Tor is one of the three surviving entrance gates to the old medieval walled city, which formed part of the fortifications built shortly after the great earthquake of 1356. Today this former gateway to the city is home to Basel's police force. The gateway is the landmark of the St. Johann quarter of the city.
The Johanniterbrücke is the third oldest Rhine bridge in the Swiss city of Basel. The iron bridge was built within two years and opened on July 15, 1882. It was not as high as the upper Rhine crossing at the Harzgraben, the Wettstein Bridge, but it made a nice impression on the audience. From 1924 the Johanniterbrücke also carried a double-lane tram. It was one of the architectural wonders in this area and also this bridge makes transportation if this area is easy.
The Klingental exhibition space creates a platform for engaging with the current work of the artists living in Basel. We present, question and comment on your artistic research for the attention of the interested public. We understand the Klingental exhibition space as a place of encounter and hospitality between contemporary art and the public. Experimental handling of different communication formats is an important part of cross-city projects such as the Museum Night and the Regional.
This museum is housed in the historical rooms of the former Klingental Dominican convent and features original medieval sculptures from Basel Cathedral, a 17th-century model of the city, and the history of the convent itself. It houses the collection of original sculptures from Basel Minster , which were replaced by copies during restoration work. The museum also houses a model of the city of Basel as it looked in the 17th century and a model of the Klingental monastery in the 16th century.
The Predigerkirche is a Christian Catholic church in the Swiss city of Basel. It is located in the suburbs - Quartier close to the University Hospital. It was built between 1233 and 1237 as a monastery church of the Dominican order. Ity is one of the famous pilgrimage centres in this area and a lot of people visits this place every day.
The St. Anton Church is a Roman Catholic church in the Swiss city of Basel. It is located in St. Johann - Quarter and the St. Anthony of Padua dedicated. The church was built between 1925 and 1927 as the first pure concrete church in Switzerland by the architect Karl Moser and the construction company G. Doppler und Sohn in exposed concrete. On September 13, 1931, the church was consecrated by Bishop Joseph Ambühl. In the early years, the building was mockingly referred to as the soul silo.
Where is Dreirosenbrücke
Discover more attractions in Basel City, where Dreirosenbrücke is located