Kirkebakken 1, 4836 Arendal, Norway
The trinity church is the third church on this site. The first church, a Y-shaped wooden structure, was erected in 1670. A desire to assert the town's status over Kristiansand was probably the motive behind its construction. In the 1830s, the town's shipping industry flourished, the population grew and the church became too small and was therefore demolished in 1832.
Location of Trinity Church