Lyngør, 4910 Lyngør, Norway
About Lyngør Lighthouse
A beautiful coastal lighthouse which was located in the island of Kjeholmen in the Lyngør. was established in 1879, and was listed as a protected site in 1997. It was automated in 2004, so no one is stationed there any longer.
Attractions near Lyngør Lighthouse
Merdø is an island in Arendal municipality in Agder county, Norway. The 0.3-square-kilometre island lies along the Skagerrak coast, near the entrance to the Galtesundet, the main shipping channel leading to the town of Arendal on the mainland. The islands of Tromøy and Hisøya lie to the north and northwest. The small islands of Ærøya and Havsøya lie to the southwest. A part of the island is included in Raet National Park.
The trinity church is the third church on this site. The first church, a Y-shaped wooden structure, was erected in 1670. A desire to assert the town's status over Kristiansand was probably the motive behind its construction. In the 1830s, the town's shipping industry flourished, the population grew and the church became too small and was therefore demolished in 1832.
Skåtøy' is the largest island in Kragerø municipality in Telemark county, Norway. Skåtøy was formerly a municipality. Skåtøy was separated from Sannidal on January 1, 1882. It was merged with Kragerø on January 1, 1960. It is the biggest island in the skerries outside the town of Kragerø, Norway. The island is 8.8 km2 and is partially wooded. It has only a small year-round population.
Jomfruland National Park includes a large nature area on the coast with national and partly international value. Particularly valuable is the great variety in landscapes and habitat types, with great biological and geological diversity on land and at sea. Many sub-areas at sea and on land have national natural value, and a number of sub-areas on land have national landscape value. The characteristic pebble beach on Jomfruland has international natural historical value as a deposit from the last
Store Torungen Lighthouse is a coastal lighthouse on the island of Store Torungen in the municipality of Arendal in Agder county, Norway. This lighthouse, together with the nearby Lille Torungen Lighthouse, mark the entrance from the Skaggerak through the outlying islands to the mainland town of Arendal. Both lighthouses were built in 1844 with the same specifications, making "twin" lighthouses marking the way to Arendal. The site of the Store Torungen Lighthouse is accessible only by boat. The
Dømmesmoen is a farm in the Grimstad municipality. The farm has in the 20th century been used as a horticultural school, and today belongs to the University of Agder and is used for a number of purposes in addition to being a hiking and recreation area. Dømmesmoen is located on Raet, the large end moraine from the last ice age, but is located a little southwest of Raet National Park. The farm has now been taken over by the Grimstad municipality, which is also responsible for the park.
Where is Lyngør Lighthouse
Discover more attractions in Agder, where Lyngør Lighthouse is located