Sampson Rd, Subic Bay Freeport Zone, Olongapo, Zambales, Philippines
The Spanish Gate, located at the corner of Dewey Avenue, Philippines, was built in 1885 when the Spanish Navy authorized the construction of the Arsenal de Olongapo, after King Alfonso II of Spain issued a royal decree declaring Subic Bay as a naval port in 1884. The gate served as the West Gate of the arsenal and faced the Spanish-era settlement of Olongapo. A high wall of locally quarried stone connected it to the south gate that faced the waterfront.
Location of Spanish Gate