Cathedral Shrine Parish of Saint Joseph
Calero Street, City of Balanga, Bataan, Philippines
The city’s church and convent were built in 1714 by Dominican Fr. Agustin Esquivel and renovated by Fr. Benito Rivas who strengthened the church by raising and fortifying its wall. During World War II, the cathedral was used by the Japanese 14th Army as an artillery emplacement to bombard Mt. Samat, where the Filipino-American troops were making their last stand. It is one of the historically important palce in this area and it is always crowded by the tourists.
Location of Cathedral Shrine Parish of Saint Joseph