Wat Niwet Thammaprawat Ratchaworawihan
บางปะอิน Tambon Ban Len, Amphoe Bang Pa-in, Chang Wat Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya 13160, Thailand
Wat Niwet Thammaprawat was built in 1876 in the reign of King Rama V, the first Thai king who visited Europe. This Gothic-style buddhist temple on a small island served as a royal temple when the King and his family spent their summer in the nearby Bang Pa-in Palace. Several European style buildings were also constructed in the compound. They are currently used as library, offices, monk residences, and also a school where novices and monks receive their formal and religious education.
Location of Wat Niwet Thammaprawat Ratchaworawihan