Museum Village Düppel
Clauertstraße 11, 14163 Berlin, Germany
About Museum Village Düppel
Museum Village Düppel (Museumsdorf Düppel) is an open air museum presenting a reconstruction of an 800 year old village. The site of the formal settlement where the museum stands is now reconstructed with residences, storehouses, workshops, wells, fields and gardens. Uncoverd in 1967, it is estimated that the former settlement dates back to 1200 and was in use for 30 years.
Attractions near Museum Village Düppel
Brücke Museum houses the world's largest collection of works by memberso the "Die Brücke(The Bridge)", an early 20th century German expressionist movement. The museum features paitings, sculptures, several thousand drawings, watercolors and prints.
The complex consists of several buildings and glass-houses which features a collection of orchids, carnivorous plants and giant white water lily. The best-known part of the garden is the Great Pavilion (Großes Tropenhaus). The temperature inside is maintained at 30 °C and air humidity is kept high. Among the many tropical plants it hosts a giant bamboo.
Babelsberg Film Studio is located in Potsdam-Babelsberg. It is the oldest large-scale film studio in the world, producing films since 1912. It is Europe's largest film studio and has around 460,000 square meters of total area and about 25,000 square meters of studio area. At present, Studio Babelsberg operates mainly for feature film productions. Furthermore, it acts as a co-producer on international high budget productions.
Babelsberg Palace is located in the eponymous park in Potsdam. For more than 50 years, it was the summer residence for royals. It was placed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1990. The building, designed in the English Gothic revival style, was built in two phases over the period 1835–1849.
This 114-hectare park is located in the north-east of Potsdam, bordering on the Tiefen See lake on the River Havel. It was declared as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1990. The park was created in rolling terrain sloping down towards the lake.
The Glienicke Bridge stands across the Havel River in Germany, connecting Berlin with Potsdam. It is named after nearby Glienicke Palace. The current bridge, the fourth on the site, was completed in 1907. During the Cold War, this portion of the Havel River formed the border between West Berlin and East Germany. The bridge was used several times for the exchange of captured spies and thus became known as the Bridge of Spies.
Where is Museum Village Düppel
Discover more attractions in Berlin, where Museum Village Düppel is located
Capital and largest city of Germany by both area and population. Berlin is a world city of culture, politics, media and sciences, and its economy is based on high-tech firms and the service sector, encompassing a diverse range of creative industries, research facilities, media corporations and convention venues.