20 Attractions to Explore Near Madonie Regional Natural Park
Top Trips and Tours in Italy
Tours and activities in Italy that might be of interest to you
All attractions near Madonie Regional Natural Park
17.26km from Madonie Regional Natural Park
The Mandralisca Museum is the only museum in the city of Cefalù. The foundation is due to Baron Enrico Pirajno di Mandralisca, who collected, in his short life, numerous art objects and placed them in his home, where they are still found today. The museum and foundation archives are also kept on the premises, on the basis of which it is possible to reconstruct its history in detail.
17.29km from Madonie Regional Natural Park
Cefalù's cathedral is one of the jewels in Sicily's Arab-Norman crown, only equalled in magnificence by the Cattedrale di Monreale and Palermo's Cappella Palatina. Filling the central apse, a towering figure of Cristo Pantocratore (Christ All Powerful) is the focal point of the elaborate Byzantine mosaics – Sicily's oldest and best preserved, predating those of Monreale by 20 or 30 years.
42.61km from Madonie Regional Natural Park
The castle of Lombardy, a symbolic building of the city of Enna, is an imposing fortress that stands on the highest point of the city. With its 26,000 m² of surface, it is one of the largest medieval castles in Italy, together with the castle of Brescia and the castle of Lucera. The castle of Lombardy is the architectural symbol of the city even before the tower of Federico II, its most important monument and one of the most visited in the Sicilian hinterland.
Parco dei Nebrodi
60.76km from Madonie Regional Natural Park
The Nebrodi park is a protected natural area established on 4 August 1993, with its almost 86,000 hectares of surface it is the largest protected natural area in Sicily. The main elements that most strongly characterize the natural landscape of the Nebrodi are the asymmetry of the various slopes, the diversity of modeling of the reliefs, the very rich vegetation, and the humid environments.
62.13km from Madonie Regional Natural Park
Palazzo Abatellis is an ancient noble palace located in Palermo via Alloro, the main artery of the Kalsa district. It has been the seat of the Regional Gallery of Sicily since 1954. It was an example of Gothic-Catalan architecture, which was designed in the 15th century by Matteo Carnelivari, at the time working in Palermo at the palazzo Aiutamicristo. It was the residence of Francesco Abatellis, port master of the Kingdom of Sicily.
62.36km from Madonie Regional Natural Park
Piazza Marina is a square in the historic center of Palermo located in the Kalsa or Mandamento Tribunali district. In the center of the square is the Villa Garibaldi designed by the architect Giovan Battista Filippo Basile in 1863. The square, until the Middle Ages , was a swamp connected with the city port of Cala . In the fourteenth century , during the Angevin domination , reclamation works were carried out. The square is also characterized by the numerous historic buildings that surround it
Santa Maria dell'Ammiraglio
62.72km from Madonie Regional Natural Park
Santa Maria dell'Ammiraglio is a sacred site in the center of Palermo. The church was commissioned in 1143 by George of Antioch, the admiral of Norman King of Sicily, Roger II. The church is characterized by the multiplicity of styles that meet, because, with the succession of centuries, it was enriched by various other tastes in art, architecture, and culture. Today, it is, in fact, as a church-historical monument, the result of multiple transformations, also subject to protection.
Church of San Cataldo
62.75km from Madonie Regional Natural Park
The cathedral of San Cataldo is a church of Taranto, precisely the oldest cathedral in Puglia , initially dedicated to St. Mary Magdalene then to St. Cataldo bishop. The proposal to recognize in the succorpo the remains of the early Christian church dedicated to Santa Maria dates back to the Fago, whose existence in the seventh century was confirmed by a letter from Pope Gregory. It was built by the Byzantines in the second half of the 10th century, during the reconstruction of the city commiss
62.76km from Madonie Regional Natural Park
La Vucciria is a well-known historical market in Palermo , together with others called Ballarò , Il Capo , Mercato delle Pulci and Lattarini. It extends between via Roma , La Cala , the Cassaro , along via Cassari, piazza del Garraffello, via Argenteria nuova, piazza Caracciolo and via Maccheronai, within the Castellammare district . Within the market area there are noble palaces and works of art such as Palazzo Mazzarino, which belonged to the family of the famous cardinal.
62.81km from Madonie Regional Natural Park
The Pretoria fountain was built in 1554 by Francesco Camilliani in Florence, but in 1581 it was moved to Piazza Pretoria in Palermo. Initially placed in the garden of the Florentine palace of the brother of the Grand Duchess Eleonora of Toledo, thanks to the intervention of her brother Don Garçia, the first viceroy of Sicily and governor of Palermo, it was put up for sale for the Senate of Palermo. Purchased from the rich city of Palermo, then dismantled and shipped, twenty years later, to Paler
62.82km from Madonie Regional Natural Park
Piazza Pretoria, also known as Piazza Della Vergogna, is located on the edge of the Kalsa district, near the corner of Cassaro with Via Maqueda, a few meters from the Quattro Canti, the exact center of the historic city of Palermo. At the center of the square is the Pretoria Fountain, the work of Francesco Camilliani built-in 1554, which, occupying a large part of its extension, strongly characterizes the Piano Pretorio. It was one of the iconic places in this area and it attracts a lot of tou
Piazza Quattro Canti - Palermo
62.87km from Madonie Regional Natural Park
Quattro Canti is the name of an octagonal square at the intersection of the two main roads in Palermo: Via Maqueda and Cassaro, today Via Vittorio Emanuele, about half of their length. The piazza is octagonal, four sides being the streets; the remaining four sides are Baroque buildings, the near-identical facades of which contain fountains with statues of the four seasons, the four Spanish kings of Sicily, and of the patronesses of Palermo.
San Giovanni degli Eremiti
63.14km from Madonie Regional Natural Park
The church of San Giovanni Degli Eremiti is a national monument located in the historic center of Palermo, near the Norman Palace. The church is built according to the canons of Sicilian-Norman architecture; it is a Romanesque church and externally resembles oriental buildings. This reference to the East is even more emphasized by the bright red domes, restored in the nineteenth century by the architect Giuseppe Patricolo, according to an interpretation of the original color based on ancient tr
Regional Archeological Museum Antonio Salinas
63.2km from Madonie Regional Natural Park
The "Antonino Salinas" Regional Archaeological Museum is a museum based in Palermo. It has one of the richest collections of archaeological d ' Italy and testimonies of Sicilian history in all its stages, ranging from prehistory to the Middle Ages. Inside are preserved the finds and artifacts of the peoples who determined the history of the island: Phoenicians, Punic, Greeks, Romans, and Byzantines, but also artifacts from other peoples such as the Egyptians and the Etruscans.
Cattedrale di Palermo
63.25km from Madonie Regional Natural Park
The Primatial Metropolitan Cathedral Basilica of the Holy Virgin Mary of the Assumption , known simply as the Cathedral Church of Palermo , is the main place of Catholic worship in the city of Palermo and the archbishopric of the homonymous metropolitan archdiocese. A feast of geometric patterns, ziggurat crenellations, maiolica cupolas and blind arches, Palermo's cathedral has suffered aesthetically from multiple reworkings over the centuries, but remains a prime example of Sicily's unique Ara
63.27km from Madonie Regional Natural Park
The Palatine Chapel is the royal chapel of the Norman palace in Palermo, Sicily. This building is a mixture of Byzantine, Norman, and Fatimid architectural styles, showing the tricultural state of Sicily during the 12th century after Roger II's father and uncle conquered the island. Also referred to as a Palace church or Palace chapel, it was commissioned by Roger II of Sicily in 1132 to be built upon an older chapel constructed around 1080.
63.34km from Madonie Regional Natural Park
The Norman Palace, also known as the Royal Palace, is located in Palermo and is currently the seat of the Sicilian Regional Assembly. The palace is the oldest royal residence in Europe, home to the kings of the Kingdom of Sicily, the imperial seat with Frederick II and Conrad IV and the historic Sicilian Parliament. On the first floor of the building stands the Palatine Chapel. The west wing is assigned to the Italian Army. It is one of the most visited monuments on the island.
63.41km from Madonie Regional Natural Park
Teatro Massimo, in Palermo, is the largest opera house in Italy, one of the largest in Europe and third in terms of architectural magnitude after the Opéra National in Paris and the Staatsoper of Vienna. Representative rooms, halls, galleries, and monumental stairways surround the actual theater, forming an architectural complex of enormous proportions.
Mercato del Capo
63.64km from Madonie Regional Natural Park
Il Capo is an ancient and well-known district in the historic center of Palermo ; with the same term the people of Palermo also indicate the market held there and with which the neighborhood identifies itself. The Capo market, together with the other Palermo markets such as Ballarò , La Vucciria , Lattarini and the Flea Market , is an important retail agri-food outlet.
Villa Romana del Casale
64.24km from Madonie Regional Natural Park
The Villa Romana del Casale is a Roman villa Urbana built in the first quarter of the 4th century and located about 3 km outside the town of Piazza Armerina, Sicily, southern Italy. It contains the richest, largest, and most complex collection of Roman mosaics in the world, and has been designated as one of 49 UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Italy.
Map of attractions near Madonie Regional Natural Park
Hotels near Madonie Regional Natural Park
Hotels to stay near Madonie Regional Natural Park
Know more about Madonie Regional Natural Park
Madonie Regional Natural Park
Madonie Regional Natural Park, 90010 Isnello PA, Italy
The Madonie Park is a protected natural area established in 1981. It includes the massif of the Madonie, situated on the northern coast of Sicily, between the rivers Imera and Pollina. The park is home to over half of Sicilian plant species, and in particular most of those present only in Sicily. The site was included in the network of Global Geoparks of ' Unesco the 17 November 2015, during the 38th Plenary Session of the General Conference held in Paris.