Attractions to explore nearby Giardino Botanico Mediterraneo
The Giardino Botanico Mediterraneo di San Salvo is located in Marina di Chieti, in the province of Chieti. It is a protected area of about 8 hectares, that is 80000 m2, where the predominant biotype is one of the last specimens of the dune system of the Adriatic, characterised by its typical structure made up of strips parallel to the coastline.
Villa Comunale Park is an absolute must for any visit to Sorrento. Located in the town centre, this small park offers beautifully-manicured gardens and one of the best views in southern Italy. From the park's terrace you can gaze out on to the Gulf of Naples with its landmarks on the horizon such as the islands of Ischia and Procida with the imperious Mount Vesuvius looming in the background.
The Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore is an ancient Catholic basilica that is considered to be the largest of the churches dedicated to the Virgin Mary in Rome. It is one of the city’s four major basilicas. Built on a pagan temple dedicated to the goddess Cybele. The basilica displays varied architectural styles, from early Christian to Baroque. The entire building was restored and renovated during the eighteenth century.
The d'Avalos palace is located in Vasto, in the province of Chieti, once the residence of the Marquises of Vasto, until 1806. According to some hypotheses, its origin is medieval, but certain data are lacking, however, the first mention is in an act reported by the seventeenth-century chronicler Nicola Alfonso Viti who mentions the leader Giacomo Caldora, the feudal lord of Vasto, who in 1427 sanctions an indemnity for the Augustinian friars since he himself used part of their vegetable garden o
The Bassano tower is one of the many towers sighting located along the Amalfi Coast. It was built in 1563 near the Cala di Fuenti, where the Saracen pirates moored their feluccas and from which they left for numerous raids. Just one of these raids, a few years earlier, had cost dear to nearby Cetara , which was completely destroyed, with 300 deported inhabitants; the leader of the assault was the infamous Sinan Bassà, from whom it seems that the name of the tower derives.
Our Lady of Grace Historic Sanctuary, in the city of Reserve, was the only Catholic Church in its area that served African American parishioners exclusively when it was built in the 1930s. This 80-by-40 square foot, 350-person capacity church, was built exclusively for African Americans in 1936 under the direction of Father Roderick Auclair with the help of the local community. It soon gained another structure for providing Catholic schooling for black children.