19 Man-made Structures- Other to explore in Philippines
The Philippines, island country of Southeast Asia in the western Pacific Ocean. It is an archipelago consisting of some 7,100 islands and islets lying about 500 miles off the coast of Vietnam.
Bangui Wind Farm is a wind farm in Bangui, Ilocos Norte, Philippines. The wind farm uses 20 units of 70-metre high Vestas V82 1.65 MW wind turbines, arranged in a single row stretching along a nine-kilometre shoreline off Bangui Bay, facing the West Philippine Sea. Phase I of the NorthWind power project in Bangui Bay consisted of 15 of those wind turbines, each with a maximum production capacity of 1.65 MW of electric power, making a total of 24.75 MW.
Battery Way is armed with four 12-inch mortar carriages capable of firing highly explosive shells as far as 8.3 miles or 13.35 km in any direction. Each mortar required a crew of at least 14 men to load and fire the shells. The mortars could be lifted to a trajectory between 45 to 70 degrees, which made them ideal for targeting enemies entrenched in higher ground in Bataan. The battery was named after Second Lt. Henry Way of the 4th U.S. Artillery, who died in service in the Philippines in 1900.
Cagsawa Ruins - are the remnants of an 18th-century Franciscan church, the Cagsawa church, built-in 1724 and destroyed by the 1814 eruption of the Mayon Volcano. They are located in Barangay Busay, Albay, Philippines. The ruins, currently protected in a park overseen by the municipal government of Daraga and the National Museum of the Philippines are one of the most popular tourist destinations in the area.
The Clark Cemetery was formed between 1947 and 1950 by moving the headstones/markers and remains from at least four other U.S. military cemeteries. The cemetery contains the remains of U.S. veterans from the USA, USN, USMC, USCG, USAF, Philippine Scouts (PS) and their dependents. Some, but not all, were veterans of the Spanish/American, Philippine Insurrection, WWI, WWII (died after the war), Korean, Vietnam, and Iraq wars.
Dipolog Sunset Boulevard, or Foreshore Development and Wellness Center, is an esplanade in Dipolog, the Philippines along a 1.6 kilometers stretch of foreshore spanning from Sta. Cruz of Barangay Central to Purok Bularan of Barangay Miputak. It is equipped with basketball courts and the playground part. It is also the site of the annual "Pagsalabuk Festival" and motor company trade shows. There are two commercial buildings augmenting the presently existing restaurants, bars, and several food and
Guiguinto Train Station is the town's most acclaimed historical landmark and heritage site. It was upon this site that the Katipuneros (Filipino guerillas during the Spanish Regime) ambushed a train from Dagupan, killing six friars, including the parish friar of Guiguinto, Fr. Leocadio Sanchez, and a Spanish doctor. It is now one of the famous attractions in this area.
The Fountain of Justice is a historic landmark in Bacolod City, Negros Occidental. It marks the location where the house of Jose Ruiz de Luzurriaga used to stand. It was in this house that the surrender of Bacolod by Spanish authorities to the Filipino forces of General Aniceto Lacson took place on November 6, 1898, during the Negros Revolution. Luzurriaga acted as a mediator between the two belligerents. The landmark now lies in front of the old Bacolod City Hall.
Jumalon Butterfly Sanctuary is located in the city of Cebu in the Philippines. It consists of more than 50 species of butterflies that are cultured and protected in natural environments. The premises also have an art gallery and a museum that showcase the works of Jumalon, who established the sanctuary. It is worth visiting if you love spotting some colorful butterflies. it was one of the renowned places in this area.
The Lapu-Lapu Shrine is a 20-meter bronze statue located in the Mactan Shrine park in Punta Engaño, Mactan Island, Cebu. The statue was erected to honor Rajah Lapu-Lapu, the native chieftain of Mactan Island who defeated Ferdinand Magellan during the historic Battle of Mactan in 1521. The Lapu-Lapu Shrine is inside a plaza commonly known as the Magellan Shrine park that commemorates the events of the Battle of Mactan. Thousands of foreign and local tourists visit the park every year.
Malinta Tunnel is a large tunnel complex that served as a bomb shelter in Corregidor Island. It has over 24 lateral tunnels that are branching off its main tunnel. This was initially used for storage and bunker purposes but a part of it was later used as a hospital during World War II.
The Manila American Cemetery and Memorial in the Philippines occupies 152 acres on a prominent plateau, visible at a distance from the east, south and west. It contains the largest number of graves of our military dead of World War II, a total of 17,184, most of whom lost their lives in operations in New Guinea and the Philippines. The headstones are aligned in 11 plots forming a generally circular pattern, set among masses of a wide variety of tropical trees and shrubbery.
The Manila North Cemetery stretches across 100 acres in the packed city of Manila. But this cemetery isn’t a scene of peaceful serenity, so much as bursting with life, the smells of cooking, and children running underfoot. It is famous for its historical significance and so many people visits this place.
This is a pilgrimage center dedicated to Mary, Mother of All Asia. The development was conceived as a destination to attract devotees and pilgrims. It can be considered as a tourism and/or retirement village. The Mother of All Asia TOWER of PEACE will be the icon and pilgrimage destination not only of the entire Philippines and eventually of all Asia and the World. The 8-hectare World Destination project is nestled at the heart of the 130-hectare township in Montemaria, Batangas City.
A huge library complex which was located in the Ermita on a portion of Rizal Park facing T. M. Kalaw Avenue, Manila. The library is notable for being the home of the original copies of the defining works of José Rizal: Noli Me Tangere, El Filibusterismo and Mi último adiós, and so more. It has a large collection of books and thus it attracts so many peoples here.
The Patapat Viaduct is an elevated road — over 30 meters above sea level. This 1.3 km long coastal bridge can be found in the municipality of Pagudpud in Ilocos Norte. Connecting the Maharlika Highway in Laoag to the Cagayan Valley, this is a busy street above the coastal areas of Pagudpud. The fourth longest bridge in the country, this winding concrete beauty is said to be the northernmost roadway part of Ilocos Norte.
This is where Philippine presidents take their oath of office and deliver their first address to the nation. It's at the western end of Rizal Park. The Quirino Grandstand has been the traditional venue for annual Independence Day activities as well as that of many Philippine presidential inaugurations since the 1949 Quirino inaugural.
The Spanish Gate, located at the corner of Dewey Avenue, Philippines, was built in 1885 when the Spanish Navy authorized the construction of the Arsenal de Olongapo, after King Alfonso II of Spain issued a royal decree declaring Subic Bay as a naval port in 1884. The gate served as the West Gate of the arsenal and faced the Spanish-era settlement of Olongapo. A high wall of locally quarried stone connected it to the south gate that faced the waterfront.
One of the renowned energy sources in Phillippines. This windmill is located in the heart of Rizal and it covers an area of 4,515 hectares in a beautiful area. The project consists of 27 wind turbine generators grouped into three clusters with an aggregate capacity of 54 megawatts. It was one of the great places to see in Rizal.