28 Botanical Gardens to explore in Italy
Located in Southern Europe consisting of a peninsula delimited by the Alps and surrounded by several islands.
The Brera Botanical Garden is located in the centre of Milan, adjacent to the south facade of the historic building from which it takes its name. The garden hosts educational and research activities in the fields of science, history, art, and the promotion of cultural heritage, including through projects and collaborations with other institutions and museums. It offers schools a wide range of educational, scientific, and interdisciplinary itineraries.
Castel Savoia(Savoy Castle) is a historic residence located in Gressoney-Saint-Jean, Italy. It is a three-storey eclectic villa characterized by the presence of five towers. The grounds of the castle house the alpine botanical garden "Savoy Castle Alpine Botanical Garden".
The Bellini garden (or Villa Bellini ) is one of the two oldest gardens and one of the four main parks in Catania . Locally it is often referred to simply as "'a Villa". The oldest nucleus of the garden dates back to the eighteenth century and belonged to Prince Ignazio Paternò Castello di Biscari. The garden was entrusted to skilled gardeners, among whom the first was Pietro Paolo Arcidiacono and later Giuseppe Squillaci.
The gardens of Augustus, initially known as the Krupp Gardens, are a city park in Capri. It constitutes a real botanical garden that houses various specimens of the island's flora, with ornamental and non-ornamental plants. The botanical beauties are associated with a very wide panorama of the main landscape beauties of Capri. From them, in fact, you can get a 180-degree panoramic view of the island of Capri, with glimpses of Mount Solaro, the bay of Marina Piccola, via Krupp and the famous s
The gardens of Trauttmansdorff Castle are located on the eastern outskirts of Merano in South Tyrol. The botanical garden of the spa town of Merano, named after its landmark Trauttmansdorff Castle, covers an area of around twelve hectares. Natural and cultural landscapes from all over the world, botanical rarities, themed gardens as well as local vegetation images of the province of South Tyrol form the focus of the garden design.
The Hanbury botanical gardens are located on the Mortola promontory, on the Ligurian coast, a few kilometers from the French border. They occupy an area of 18 hectares, included in the municipal area of Ventimiglia. The park of the villa is one of the most famous acclimatization gardens in Europe and the Mediterranean basin.
The Garden Museum of Lady Walton, commonly known as La Mortella, is a garden created by Susana Walton, wife of the English composer William, in Forio, in the western part of the island of Ischia. Since 1990 the garden has been open to the public. Tropical and Mediterranean plants were planted and some have now reached considerable proportions. The gardens include views over the city and harbor of Forio.
The Margherita Gardens are the main public park in Bologna as well as the largest covering 26 hectares. Inaugurated in 1879 as Passeggio Regina Margherita, the park still maintains most of its original layout inspired by the English Romantic parks. The gardens were built on the plan of Count of Sambuy, in an area bought by Count Angelo Tattini in 1874 and then sold to the council.
The Indro Montanelli public gardens are a park in Milan, located in the Porta Venezia area. Inaugurated in 1784 by the Habsburg administration, they were the first Milanese park expressly intended for collective entertainment. For over two centuries they have been called public gardens, gardens of Porta Venezia, Via Palestro gardens or simply the gardens, and use has yet taken root. Since 2002 they have been named after the journalist and essayist Indro Montanelli, who used to spend part of hi
The Giardino Bardini is a Renaissance garden in Florence. Only opened recently to the public, it is relatively little-known. Access is gained via the Via de' Bardi, just over the road from the Museo Bardini in the Oltrarno district of the city, although the gardens exit onto the Costa di San Giorgio, onto which the Forte di Belevedere and the Giardino di Boboli connect in turn.
The Paradisia alpine garden is located in Valnontey, at 1700 meters above sea level and within the Gran Paradiso national park. The garden was born in 1955 at the behest of the board of directors of the Gran Paradiso national park, with the aim of preserving and enhancing the flora of the park. The task of establishing the garden is entrusted to prof. Corti and prof. Peyronel, while the site was chosen by virtue of the favorable position that allows to the reproduction of different habitats.
The André Heller botanical garden, also known as the A. Hruska botanical garden, is a botanical garden located on the grounds of the André Heller Foundation above Lake Garda, in via Roma, in Gardone Riviera, in the province of Brescia. It is open every day in the warmer months. The garden was destined to the alpine and tropical flora with two thousand botanical specimens from many places, including the acrocores of Oceania and various plants of the Himalayas, Mato Grosso, Africa, Canada, and Ja
The Giardino Botanico Mediterraneo di San Salvo is located in Marina di Chieti, in the province of Chieti. It is a protected area of about 8 hectares, that is 80000 m2, where the predominant biotype is one of the last specimens of the dune system of the Adriatic, characterised by its typical structure made up of strips parallel to the coastline.
Giardino degli Aranci is the name used to describe the park Savelli , a park of Rome of about 7,800 m², located on the hill Aventino , in the district Ripa , which offers an excellent view of the city. The garden, as it currently appears, was built in 1932 by the architect Raffaele De Vico. The park offers an excellent view of the city. It was constructed to offer public access to the view from the side of the hill, creating a new ‘’belvedere’’, to be added to the existing viewpoints in Rom
The Rose Garden in Florence is a park in the Oltrarno area below Piazzale Michelangelo to the west, in Viale Giuseppe Poggi. Once open to the public for only a short time in spring, the garden is now open every day of the year from 9 am to sunset. It covers about one hectare of terraced land from which you can enjoy a splendid panoramic view of the city, enclosed between the current Viale Poggi, via di San Salvatore, and via dei Bastioni.
The Giusti palace and garden are located in the homonymous street in Verona, near the center and a few tens of meters from Piazza Isolo. The palace was built in the 16th century with a classic U-shaped layout, together with the garden, considered one of the most beautiful examples of an Italian garden. The garden has been modified several times during its long life and was particularly well cared for after the Second World War.
The Museo del Fiore is a small interactive and multimedia museum immersed in the woods of the Monte Rufeno Nature Reserve, which is located 10 km from the town of Acquapendente and 2 km from the medieval village of Torre Alfina. An old rural building was built inside the Giardino farmhouse. With over 1,000 species of plants recognized in its territory and rare animals, the Monte Rufeno Nature Reserve, on the border with Umbria and Tuscany, is an area with a very high variety of flora and fauna.
The Montagnola garden is one of the oldest and most central green areas in the city of Bologna, which opened for the first time in the 17th century. In the garden of the Montagnola the bodies of Luigi Zamboni and Giovanni Battista De Rolandis were solemnly buried on the direct order of Napoleon, who in 1794 led an attempted revolt to Bologna during which Italian tricolor cockades were used; in 1799, with the arrival of the Austrians, the bodies were dispersed.
The Parco Giardino Sigurtà is a naturalistic park of 60 hectares located in Valeggio sul Mincio, in the province of Verona, 8 km from Peschiera del Garda. It won the prize for the most beautiful park in Italy in 2013 and the second most beautiful park in Europe in 2015. Sigurtà Garden Park hosts countless naturalistic and historical attractions.
Also called the Garden of Remembrance, the park has splendid views over the Bay of Naples, from Cape Miseno to the Sorrento Peninsula, as well as the island of Procida, Ischia, and Capri. A series of terraces overlooking the whole Gulf of Naples provides the park with a unique array of impressive vistas, including views of the coasts of Amalfi and Sorrento, Mount Vesuvius, Gaiola Bay, Pollione'S amphitheater, Trentaremi Bay, Nisida island.