3 Botanical Gardens in Veneto that you should visit - With photos & details

Get Travalour for free on Google Play

3 Botanical Gardens to explore in Veneto

The area was a part of the Roman Empire until the 5th century AD. Although being a heavily industrialised region, tourism is one of its main economic resources; one-fifth of Italy's foreign tourism gravitates towards Veneto, which is the first region in Italy in terms of tourist presence, attracting over 60 million visitors every year, second after Emilia-Romagna in terms of hotel industry structures.

Giusti palace and GardenVia Giardino Giusti, 2, 37121 Verona VR, Italy

The Giusti palace and garden are located in the homonymous street in Verona, near the center and a few tens of meters from Piazza Isolo. The palace was built in the 16th century with a classic U-shaped layout, together with the garden, considered one of the most beautiful examples of an Italian garden. The garden has been modified several times during its long life and was particularly well cared for after the Second World War.

Parco Giardino SigurtàVia Cavour, 1, 37067 Valeggio sul Mincio VR, Italy

The Parco Giardino Sigurtà is a naturalistic park of 60 hectares located in Valeggio sul Mincio, in the province of Verona, 8 km from Peschiera del Garda. It won the prize for the most beautiful park in Italy in 2013 and the second most beautiful park in Europe in 2015.  Sigurtà Garden Park hosts countless naturalistic and historical attractions.

University of Padua Botanical GardenVia Orto Botanico, 15, 35123 Padova PD, Italy

The botanical garden of Padua, founded in 1545, is the oldest botanical garden in the world still in its original location. Located in an area of ​​about 2.2 hectares, it is located in the historic center of Padua, near Prato Della Valle. Since 1997 is a World Heritage of ' UNESCO. It established in 1545, was created for the cultivation of medicinal plants which made up the majority of the "simple" medicines from nature. For this reason, the original name of the garden was "Giardino dei Semplici