Jardin Botanique de Lausanne - 4 Things to Know Before Visiting
About Jardin Botanique de Lausanne
Jardin Botanique de Lausanne is a cantonal Botanical Museum as well as Botanical Garden. It mainly engage in the study and protection of local flora, as well as in promoting public awareness in biodiversity and nature education in general.
Hotels near Jardin Botanique de Lausanne
Hotels to stay near Jardin Botanique de Lausanne
Top Trips and Tours in Switzerland
Tours and activities in Switzerland that might be of interest to you
Attractions Near Jardin Botanique de Lausanne
Cantonal Museum of Fine Arts
0.52km from Jardin Botanique de Lausanne
The Cantonal Museum of Fine Arts is an art museum in Lausanne, Switzerland. The museum showcases more than 10,000 artworks.
Musée de l'Elysée
0.93km from Jardin Botanique de Lausanne
Musée de l'Elysée is a photography museum. It contains more than 100,000 photographs includes those of color pioneer Gabriel Lippmann right up to contemporary photographers such as Jeff Wall. The museum offers both collection and temporary exhibitions.
The Olympic Museum
1.1km from Jardin Botanique de Lausanne
The museum is the largest archive of the Olympic Games in the world with more than 10,000 artifacts.
Escaliers du Marché
1.28km from Jardin Botanique de Lausanne
The Escaliers du Marché is the covered stairs leading up from the bottom of Mercerie Street to the cathedral square in Lausanne, Switzerland. The date of their construction is unknown. The current staircases, in wood, covered, built parallel to very sloping paving, date from 1717-1719.
Museum of Contemporary Design and Applied Arts
1.36km from Jardin Botanique de Lausanne
The MUDAC is the only museum in French-speaking Switzerland exclusively dedicated to design and contemporary applied arts. MUDAC offers exhibitions of its permanent collections as well as thematic presentations of 21 st century's fundamental trends.
Palais de Rumine
1.4km from Jardin Botanique de Lausanne
This Florentine neo-Renaissance-style building was constructed in 1904 in Place de la Riponne, in the historic center of the city of Lausanne. It housed facilities such as the library of the University of Lausanne, and scientific and artistic collections belonging to the Canton of Vaud.