Esterliturm - 4 Things to Know Before Visiting
Estherlitum is an observation tower from reinforced concrete in the south of Lenzburg in Switzerland. The Esterliturm in its current form was built in 1974 by the local community. The tower has a height of 48 m and is composed of 19 concrete pipe elements. The viewing platform offers the visitor a unique panoramic view of the canton of Aargau.
Hotels near Esterliturm
Hotels to stay near Esterliturm
Attractions Near Esterliturm
2.34km from Esterliturm
The Staufberg is a prominent hill in the area of the municipality of Staufen in the canton of Aargau in Switzerland. Its summit is 516.7 m above sea level. M. At the top is a group of buildings consisting of the reformed Staufberg Church, several church outbuildings, and the cemetery.
2.64km from Esterliturm
Lenzburg Castle is one of Switzerland’s oldest and most historic hilltop castles. For a thousand years it has played a part in many important events in politics and history across Europe. Historians suggest it was originally built as a refuge fort in the Early Middle Ages. The oldest parts of the castle date to the 11th century, when the Counts of Lenzburg built it as their seat. The castle, its historical museum and the castle hill with its Neolithic burial grounds are listed as heritage sites
4.63km from Esterliturm
Hallwyl Castle was built in the 11th century and is one of the foremost water castles in Switzerland located at the northern end of Lake Hallwil on two islands in the Aabach creek near Seengen. It was the seat of the von Hallwyl family.
5.62km from Esterliturm
The Swiss Witch Museum in Liebegg Castle in Gränichen AG is a private museum that shows the witch trials in Switzerland and Europe and their effects on the present day. The museum sees its main task in collecting, preserving, conveying, and researching objects of witchcraft, botany, anthropology, geology, popular superstition, and much more. The director of the museum is Wicca Meier-Spring.
5.64km from Esterliturm
There is a small palace in Grabichen Municipality in Canton, Aargau, The present castle came out of a medieval palace. In 1958, a cantonal agricultural school was opened near the palace. The origins of the palace and von Leibg family are not clear, although they were probably a junior line of von Trostberg family.
6.52km from Esterliturm
Castle Auenstein is located on a small cliff on the banks of the Aare. The Castle was destroyed in 1389. The ruins were owned by the canton until 1803, but were later bought privately. The castle was rebuilt to be habitable in 1858, and made into its current shape by 1929. The parish church, first mentioned in 1302, is built in the Gothic and Late Gothic styles, but has decorative elements of the Romanesque style of the 11th century. Nearby cities: