Hammetschwand Elevator - Things to Know Before Visiting
Bürgenstock Resort, Felsenweg, 6363 Bürgenstock, Switzerland
Contents in This Page
About Hammetschwand Elevator
The 152.8 meter-high lift to the Bürgenstock looks like a heaven-bound rocket. And views from Hammetschwand over Lucerne and its lake are best described as heavenly!. Built by hotel and railway businessman Franz Josef Bucher it was the first of its type in Switzerland when first opened in 1905. The lift carries passengers 153 metres up to the summit of the Hammetschwand in under a minute.
Attractions Near Hammetschwand Elevator
The Bürgenstock Funicular is a funicular railway in the canton of Nidwalden, Switzerland. The line links the landing stage at Kehrsiten-Bürgenstock, served by the regular passenger boats of the Schifffahrtsgesellschaft des Vierwaldstättersees, with the Bürgenstock resort and its famous hotels. The funicular was opened in 1888 and was originally a water-ballast funicular with an Abt rack braking rail. The funicular is electric and automatic, but until the closure in 2011, it still used the origin
The Bürgenstock is a mountain in Switzerland located partway along the shore of Lake Lucerne. Bürgenstock is also a resort located at 874 m a.s.l. on the same mountain. The lookout point at the summit of the Bürgenstock, the Hammetschwand, offers an extensive view, for the mountain is almost entirely surrounded by Lake Lucerne.
The Fürigen fortress was built as a rock and was part of the Swiss Reduit defense system in World War II. The building, built-in 1942, was abandoned by the army in 1987 and opened in 1991 as one of the first more modern fortress museums in Switzerland. In 1987 the fortress was abandoned by the army. Today it is one of four exhibition houses in the Nidwalden Museum. The rooms and facilities are largely from the time it was built.
Nidwaldner Museum has a collection of objects and works of art that document the art and cultural history of the canton. The museum, like many regional museums, was created at the instigation of the local historical association. The basis of the museum is the collection, the maintenance of which is part of the house's task as a social educational mandate. At three locations, Winkelriedhaus and pavilion, salt store , Fürigen fortress , the Nidwalden Museum shows themed special exhibitions, solo
The Meggenhorn castle and its gardens are positioned on a hillside on a peninsula south of Lucerne. It was inspired by Châteaux Chambord in the Loire Valley France and the grounds are open to the public since 1974. The castle overlooks a vineyard and is a popular place for picnicking with access to the lake for swimming. There is also a family playground with farm animals that children can see close up.
The Winkelried Monument is a monument to Arnold Winkelried on the village square of Stans, Canton of Nidwalden, Switzerland. The location between the church and the town hall underlines the importance of the monument. A group of three figures in Carrara marble is depicted. The Winkelried Monument represents the attempt to capture a heroic gesture in a harmonious, classicist triangular shape. This represented a new form of the war memorial, which however remained without a successor.
Where is Hammetschwand Elevator
Discover More Attractions in Lucerne, Where Hammetschwand Elevator Is Located
The oldest traces of humans in the Lucerne area are stone artifacts and cave bear bones found in the Steigelfadbalm cave on Mt. Rigi from the Middle Paleolithic or about 30,000 BC. Other animal bones including mammoth, reindeer and giant deer from the local glacial maximum have also been found in Lucerne.