St. John the Baptist Parish
J. Sumulong, Taytay, Rizal, Philippines
A huge church constructed by Franciscan missionaries near the Laguna Bay in 1579. It was separated as the church of Santa Ana de Sapa in 1583. It was transferred to its present location by Father Pedro Chirino in 1591 and the town was named San Jose del Monte. It was the first stone church outside of Manila. The second larger stone-church, as it is right now, was rebuilt by Father Juan de Salazar in 1630. Now it is one of the famous pilgrimage centres in this area.
Location of St. John the Baptist Parish