Cathedral of Our Lady of the Pillar
General Castañeda St, Imus, 4103 Cavite, Philippines
About Cathedral of Our Lady of the Pillar
Founded in 1795 as a Parochial Church by the Augustinian Recollect priests under the patronage of Nuestra Señora del Pilar and St. John the Baptist, and by the administration of Fr. Francisco de Santiago, OAR, as its first Parish Priest. The present church was made up beautifully by stone and bricks and it was declared a Cathedral and the Seat of the Diocese of Imus, with Nuestra Señora del Pilar as its titular Patroness.
Attractions near Cathedral of Our Lady of the Pillar
This shrine marks the Philippines' most historic window: on June 12, 1898, Gen. Emilio Aguinaldo declared the independence of the Philippines, ending the 333 years of Spanish rule. The window, now renovated and converted into the Balcony of Independence, is the centerpiece of the Aguinaldo Shrine in Kawit, Cavite. There are so many things to see and study in and outside of this shrine and The tower, the most prominent part of the mansion provides a sweeping view of Cavite, Manila, and Bataan.
This Roman Catholic church is one of the oldest churches in the Philippines, the construction of the present church was started in 1737. The church was last restored in 1990 by the citizens of Kawit. The church is known for its healing and resolution to personal problems. A four-story bell tower is on the right side of the facade and its lower levels are square. It is one of the famous pilgrimage center in this area.
Zapote Bridge is a stone arch pedestrian bridge crossing the Zapote River in the Philippines. It connects the cities of Las Piñas in Metro Manila and Bacoor in the province of Cavite. The bridge and its surrounding area was the site of two battles, the Battle of Zapote Bridge (1897) between Filipino revolutionaries and the Spanish colonial government in 1897 during the Philippine Revolution
The church is the signature structure in the complex which spreads over a 4,000 square meter mango orchard beside a flowing creek. The church stands under a canopy of mango boughs, the altar section concealed from street view by thick tropical palms and plants thus providing the necessary privacy for prayer and meditation.
Located in the Las Pinas city. It is known for its 19th-century pipe organ made entirely from bamboo. It is declared as a national cultural treasure of the country. the architecture of the church is so interesting and also in the church complex is St. Joseph's Academy, a primary and secondary education school established in 1914.
The St. Francis of Assisi Parish Church or known as General Trias Church is the first Catholic parish church in the municipality of General Trias, Cavite. The church is located at the town square plaza of General Trias, formerly called as San Francisco de Malabon in honor of its patron saint, Saint Francis of Assisi. It’s a style of Spanish Baroque architecture that can be found in the Philippines, which suffered destructive earthquakes during the 17th and 18th centuries.
Where is Cathedral of Our Lady of the Pillar
Discover more attractions in Cavite, where Cathedral of Our Lady of the Pillar is located