Santa Cruz Parish
Plaza Sta. Cruz, Santa Cruz, Manila, 1008 Metro Manila, Philippines
About Santa Cruz Parish
A huge church that was built in 1608. It was strategically located on the outskirts of Chinatown near Binondo to cater to the Chinese converts in Manila. The initial structure of Sta. Cruz Church had been partially damaged by two earthquakes and was completely devastated by the Battle of Manila in 1945 during the Japanese occupation. Now it has a new face and it attracts a lot of peoples here.
Attractions near Santa Cruz Parish
Escolta Street is historic west to east street in the downtown district of Binondo in Manila, the capital of the Philippines. It is very near to the Pasig River. It starts at Plaza Moraga to the west and ends at Plaza Santa Cruz and Quintin Paredes Street to the east. It contains some examples of early skyscraper design in the country.
Quiapo Church, also known as St.John the Baptist Parish, is located in the District of Quiapo, Manila, and is one of the most famous churches in the Philippines. This Roman Catholic Church houses the venerated statue of Jesus Christ, known as the Black Nazarene and hence the official name, Minor Basilica of the Black Nazarene. The Church currently belongs to the Archdiocese of Manila.
The William A. Jones Memorial Bridge, commonly known as the Jones Bridge, is an arched girder bridge that spans the Pasig River in the City of Manila, Philippines. It is named after the United States legislator William Atkinson Jones, who served as the chairman of the U.S. Insular Affairs
A huge 45 feet memorial which was built in the memory of Philippine revolutionary Andrés Bonifacio, the founder and Supremo of the Katipunan. it was designed by the National Artist Guillermo Tolentino with symbolic images and other features known as the "Cry of Balintawak". It was acclaimed as one of the best monuments in the world.
The densely foliaged Arroceros Forest Park is a verdant paradise, sheltering a wide array of flora along with some rare breed of birds. Formerly, the park served as a prime venue for rice dealers in the sixteenth and seventeenth century, The Manila city government later bought this property and converted it into a leisure attraction by adding trails.
The original structure of the Binondo Church, formally known as Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary Parish was constructed in 1596. Founded by Dominican friars, it is one of the oldest places of Christian worship in the Philippines. Most parts of the church was collapsed and the octagonal bell tower, however, is the only significant remaining part of the original structure. It was reconstructed in three phases and completed in 1984 and ti was now one of the key attractions in this area.
Where is Santa Cruz Parish
Discover more attractions in Manila, where Santa Cruz Parish is located