27 Ounheun Rd, Luang Prabang, Laos
The former Royal Palace, now turned into a museum is situated on the banks of the Mekong river, facing the sacred Mount Phousi. Locally the Palace is known as the Haw Kham or Ho Kham, which translates to “Golden Palace”. The museum houses the Phra Bang, the country’s most sacred Buddha image, which is kept in a richly ornamented shrine. The Palace was built between 1904 and 1909 during the time of French colonial occupation as the residence of the Laos Royal Family.
Location of Royal Palace