Saint Simons Pier
100 Mallery St, St Simons, GA 31522, USA
About Saint Simons Pier
St. Simons Island is a barrier island and census-designated place located on St. Simons Island in Glynn County, Georgia, United States. The primary mode of travel to the island is by automobile via F.J. Torras Causeway. Malcolm McKinnon Airport serves general aviation on the island.
Attractions near Saint Simons Pier
The St. Simons Island Light is a lighthouse on the southern tip of St. Simons Island, Georgia, United States. It guides ships into St. Simons Sound and warns of the many sandbars in the area.
Gascoigne Bluff is a bluff next to the Frederica River on the western side of the island of St. Simons, Georgia which was a Native American campground, the site of a Franciscan monastery named San Buenaventura, and the site of the Province of Georgia's first naval base. This area was one of several St. Simons Island plantations owned by John Couper who lived at Cannon Point, St. Simons Island, and who donated his library of 20,000 volumes to the Library of Congress.
Horton House is a historic site on Riverview Drive in Jekyll Island, Georgia which was originally constructed in 1743 by Major William Horton, a top military aide to General James Oglethorpe. This structure has been meticulously preserved over the past 100 years as an example of coastal Georgia building techniques and as one of the oldest surviving buildings in the state.
Jekyll Island is located off the coast of the U.S. state of Georgia, in Glynn County. It is one of the Sea Islands and one of the Golden Isles of Georgia barrier islands. A popular tourist destination, the island has beaches frequented by vacationers. Guided tours of the Landmark Historic District are available. Bike trails walks along the beaches and sandbars, and Summer Waves, a water park, are among the active attractions.
Faith Chapel is a historic chapel on Old Plantation Road in Jekyll Island, Georgia and was built in 1904. It was used as a non-denominational chapel until 1942. The interior and exterior walls are shingled, with gargoyles that are replicas of the ones at Notre Dame Cathedral. The chapel was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1971 and it is open to the public.
Georgia Sea Turtle Center is a nature center and rescue and rehabilitation facility for sea turtles on Jekyll Island, Georgia, United States. The Center features interactive exhibits and patient viewing areas. In addition to caring for sick and injured turtles, the Center has an educational mission and presents daily programs, field trips, guided tours and beach walks.
Where is Saint Simons Pier
Discover more attractions in Glynn County, where Saint Simons Pier is located