Fort Jackson D.o.d, Columbia, SC 29229, USA
About Fort Jackson
Fort Jackson is a United States Army installation and is located within the city of Columbia, South Carolina. It is the largest and most active initial entry training center in the U.S. Army, training 50 percent of all soldiers and 60 percent of the women entering the Army each year.
Attractions near Fort Jackson
Fort Jackson National Cemetery is a United States National Cemetery located northeast of Columbia, South Carolina. It encompasses 585 acres acquired from Fort Jackson, a United States Army Basic Training facility, and was dedicated on October 26, 2008.
A 1,419-acre park, situated in the middle of the sandhills region, features a beautiful 30-acre lake surrounded by trails, playgrounds, splash pad, dog park, picnic areas, and over 80 RV/tent site campground. It was built by the Civilian Conservation Corps during the Great Depression and was given to the City of Columbia to mark 150 years following its incorporation, giving rise to the state park’s name.
The Chappelle Administration Building, on the campus of Allen University in Columbia, South Carolina, was designed by John Anderson Lankford, known as the "dean of black architects. The building name has been spelled Chapelle Administration Building in HABS and NPS reports. It was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1976, cited as one Lankford's most important works.
The Woodrow Wilson Family Home is located in Columbia, South Carolina and was one of the childhood homes of the 28th President of the United States, Woodrow Wilson.
This is a historic house museum at 1616 Blanding Street in Columbia, South Carolina which was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1973 for its architectural significance. It has been furnished with decorative arts of the early 19th century, including American Federal, English Regency, and French Empire pieces.
This is a historic mansion that was the home of members of the prominent Hampton family. The house is of a post-Colonial, Classical Revival style which was constructed in 1818. Now the house was restored and reopened to the public in 1970 as a museum that epitomizes the lives of the planter elite in antebellum South Carolina and is operated by the Historic Columbia Foundation.
Where is Fort Jackson
Discover more attractions in Richland County, where Fort Jackson is located