20 Attractions to Explore Near Sanasar
Sanasar is the name given to the two small villages of Sana and Sar in Jammu province, Jammu and Kashmir state, India. Named after small local lakes, Sana and Sar are located 20 kilometres west of Patnitop, Ramban district on the national highway 1A. At an altitude of 2,050 metres , it is the hub for adventure and sport activities in the Jammu region. The area is notable for its scenic views of mountain ranges including the Brammah Massif.
The Lush Wooded Pine Forest In Patnitop Offers Ample Opportunity For Trekking[/caption]This state is known for its many picturesque locations and landmarks, and travelling to Jammu and Kashmir. Patnitop is located in the Lower Himalayan Range close to the Pir Panjal range, 47 km from Udhampur and 112 km from Jammu.This famous hill resort is perched on a beautiful plateau, at an altitude of 2024 m across which the Jammu-Srinagar Highway passes. The towns of Kud and Batote are nearby.
A famous spring called “Kokernag” gushes out from the foot of the nearby hill covered with evergreen pine trees. A terraced garden and a Botanical garden with delicately maintained flower beds of different varieties and hues covered and protected with beautifully pruned evergreen shrubs and the existence of lofty and majestic chinars is an enchanting sight to be imbibed.
Akhnoor Fort is on the right bank of Chenab River (ancient name Asikni). Construction was started by Mian Tej Singh in 1762 CE and completed by his successor Raja Alum Singh in 1802. The fort has high fortification walls with bastions at regular intervals and is crowned with battlements. There are two-storeyed watch-towers at the corners, which are crowned by battlements and merlons. The fort has two parts which are bifurcated by a wall with a gate leading to the palace on the southern side.
Constructed by King Raja Amar of Dogra in 1890s, this museum was planned by a French architect and looks like a French chateau with Indian artisans. It was home to the royal family for many years. Made of red sand stone, the palace was turned into a museum with rich collections of paintings, books, inscriptions and sculptures. The Durbar hall of the museum is adorned with family portraits of rulers of Jammu and Kashmir along with magnificent Pahari paintings.
Sinthen top is a mountain pass, a popular tourist destination located between South Kashmir's Breng Valley (Sub-District Kokernag) in Anantnag district and Kishtwar in the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir. Most of the part lies on Kishtwar side.
Mubarak Mandi is a palace in Jammu, India. The palace was the royal residence of the maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir from the Dogra dynasty. It was their main seat till 1925 when maharaja Hari Singh moved to the Hari Niwas Palace in the northern part of Jammu. The palace is located in the heart of the old walled city of Jammu and overlooks the Tawi river.
The Bahu Fort is a historic fort in the city of Jammu, Jammu and Kashmir. Constructed on the banks on Tawi River, the ancient fort is believed to be constructed by Raja Bahulochan around 3,000 years ago. It is believed that the first renovation of this fort was undertaken by Maharaja Ranjit Singh during Sikh Rule in 18th century. The fort is a religious place, and within its precincts has a temple dedicated to the Hindu goddess Kali.
Raghunath Temple is a well-known holy shrine of the Hindus. Located in Jammu, Raghunath Mandir is one of the largest temple complexes of the Northern part of India. The temple is dedicated to Lord Rama, who is believed to be an incarnation of Lord Vishnu. In 1835, the construction of this temple was started by the founder of Jammu & Kashmir, Maharaja Gulab Singh. After the death of Gulab Singh, it was completed by his son, Maharaja Rambir Singh in 1860.
Achabal is an important tourist place about 9.1 km away from Anantnag. The place is notable for an ancient spring surrounded by a garden terraced and developed by the Mughals. The upper portion of the garden is called 'Bag-e-Begum Abad' developed by Malika Noor Jehan Begum in 1616 AD and renowned as Sahib Abad in which there is a Hamam (treasure of water) getting heat from a logical lamp.
Aharbal, also known as "Niagara Falls of Kashmir", is a hill station in the south-western part of Kashmir Valley in the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir, south of the state capital Srinagar (tehsil: Damhal Hanjipora, district: Kulgam). The place is quite peaceful and suitable for expeditions, trekking, photography, and fishing. Due to mesmerising look of meadows, pine and fir tree forests, the abutting snow clad mountains, the waterfall attracts many Indian and international tourists.
One of the highest earthfill dam in India. This dam is a part of a hydroelectric project constructed by the Punjab government. The project is used for both irrigation purposes and power generation. A lot of peoples visits this place every day.
Kishtwar National Park is a national park located in the Kishtwar district of Jammu and Kashmir, India. It is bounded to the north by Rinnay river, south by Kibar Nala catchment, east by main divide of Great Himalaya and west by Marwa river.
Peer ki Galli is a mountain pass and a tourist destination, located in the Pir Panjal Range in Jammu and Kashmir. It connects the Kashmir Valley to the Rajouri and Poonch districts via the 'Mughal Road'. It is the highest point on the Mughal road at 3,490 m (11,450 ft) and lies to the south west of the Kashmir valley.
Dalhousie is a hill station full of colonial charm that holds lingering echoes of the Raj. Spread out over five hills (Kathlog Potreys, Tehra, Bakrota & Bolun) the town is named after the 19th century British governor general Lord Dalhousie. The town’s varying altitude shades it with a variety of vegetation that includes stately grooves of pines, deodars, oaks and flowering rhododendrons. Rich in colonial architecture, the town preserves some beautiful churches.
Kalatop Khajjiar Sanctuary. Also called the Kalatop Wildlife Sanctuary, it is located in the picturesque hilly Chambal district of Himachal Pradesh. The name Kalatop means 'black cap', which probably refers to the thick black forest cover on the highest hilltop in the sanctuary. Situated a few kilometres away from the Chamba dam and Chamera reservoir on the river Ravi, it is known to be rich in flora and fauna.
This is a 400-year-old gurudwara in the Pakrdiya locality of the city. It is said that Guru Govind Singhji took rest here on the way to Nanakmatta. He established a gurudwara here on the name of the 6th guru Sri Har Govind ji and named it Chattvi Padshahi Gurudwara. In 1983, one of the famous social servants in area Sri Baba Faoj Singh reconstructed this beautiful shrine.
Khajjar is a hill station in the Chamba district. It sits on a small plateau with a small stream-fed lake in the middle that has been covered over with weeds. The hill station is surrounded by meadows and forests. It is about 6,500 feet (2,000 m) above sea level in the foothills of the Dhauladhar ranges