Jammu and Kashmir 181201
Akhnoor Fort is on the right bank of Chenab River (ancient name Asikni). Construction was started by Mian Tej Singh in 1762 CE and completed by his successor Raja Alum Singh in 1802. The fort has high fortification walls with bastions at regular intervals and is crowned with battlements. There are two-storeyed watch-towers at the corners, which are crowned by battlements and merlons. The fort has two parts which are bifurcated by a wall with a gate leading to the palace on the southern side.
Location of Akhnoor Fort