Attractions to explore near Rajagiri Fort
A fort built in 1200 AD. It is made up of saffron and BlackRock. Currently, the fort includes a Magazine, gymnasium, palace site, audience hall, stable, clocktower, granary, treasury, etc.
Varadharaja Perumal Temple in the South Indian union territory of Puducherry, is dedicated to the Hindu god Vishnu. It is located heritage town region of the city. Constructed in the Dravidian style of architecture, the temple is a storehouse of Chola architecture.
Ousteri lake is one of the famous wetlands of Asia. This is the most freshwater lake in the union territory of Pondicherry. If you are looking for a place for a nice evening stroll, this lake is the best option. You can also see a lot of birds here, during the months of March and October. There is a chance to get a boat ride costing rs. 100 per person from the boating point near the lake. It is also called as Osudu Lake. It is located at a distance of 10 km from Pondicherry.
Auro beach is great place to enjoy the cool waters and calming breeze. As with the Serenity beach, this is comparatively less crowded than the other beaches of Pondicherry. Even the ride towards the beach is amazingly peaceful with trees providing a cool shade. Although is beach is not very clean, it is still flocked by many locals, especially youngsters. Numerous people can be seen taking evening walks and enjoying the mesmerizing view of the sunset.
Serenity Beach as its name suggests is a tranquil spot along the Bay of Bengal. Beautiful and scenic, the name is very apt for this beach. Bathed in warm golden sand with a trail of rocks leading to the sea, it is perfect for calm days.
Featuring six gorgeous fountains, a large aquarium with ornamental fishes, Japanese rock, dancing fountain and a beautiful children's train, the Botanical Garden of Pondicherry is truly an unmissable attraction. Established in the year 1826 by C.S. Perrotet, this 22-acre park is located favourably near the southern entrance of Pondicherry's New Bus Stand. Over 1500 species of plants populate this park – some of which are indigenous to the region and some brought from other parts of the world.
Bharathiar Memorial Museum cum Research Centre located at Puducherry was established commemorating the renowned Tamil poet and freedom fighter Subramanya Bharathiyar, popularly entitled the sobriquet "Mahakavi", literally the supreme poet. The museum was established in the very abode of Bharathiyar, where the poet took refuge from the ruling British Raj, from 1908 to 1918, when Puducherry (erstwhile Pondicherry) was governed by the French regime.
Immaculate Conception Cathedral is the cathedral mother church for the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Pondicherry and Cuddalore. It is located in the Union Territory of Puducherry. It is also known as "Samba Kovil", which is a phonetic corruption of "Saint Paul’s Kovil" where "Kovil" means church.
The Sri Aurobindo Ashram is a spiritual community ashram located in Pondicherry, in the Indian territory of Puducherry. The ashram grew out of a small community of disciples who had gathered around Sri Aurobindo after he retired from politics and settled in Pondicherry in 1910. On 24 November 1926, after a major spiritual realization,
The Sacred Heart Basilica situated on the south boulevard of Pondicherry in Puducherry, India, is an oriental specimen of Gothic architecture. It contains rare stained glass panels depicting events from the life of Christ and saints of the Catholic Church. In recent years it has become one of the famous pilgrimage spots for Christians.
Raj Niwas is the official residence of the Lieutenant Governor of Puducherry. It is located in Puducherry's capital city of Pondicherry. The present lieutenant governor of Puducherry is Dr. Kiran Bedi. Once it was the official residence of the French Governors.
The Kargil War Memorial was built by the Indian Army in remembrance of soldiers who fought the dreaded and unforgettable war of Kargil. It is located opposite to the Chief Secretariat Office, at the northern end of the main Puducherry Beach. The main memorial has an inscription on a marble plate that says “Government of India War Memorial” with a rifle and a soldier’s cap over it. There is an array of stone pillars of variable lengths that surround the memorial.