20 Attractions to Explore Near Palazzo Trinci
Top Trips and Tours in Italy
Tours and activities in Italy that might be of interest to you
All attractions near Palazzo Trinci
4.33km from Palazzo Trinci
Spello is an Italian town of 8 466 inhabitants in the province of Perugia in Umbria. It is part of the circuit of the most beautiful villages in Italy and boasts the Orange Flag tourist-environmental quality mark, awarded by the Italian Touring Club. The old walled town lies on a regularly NW-SE sloping ridge that eventually meets the plain. From the top of the ridge, Spello commands a good view of the Umbrian plain towards Perugia.
4.5km from Palazzo Trinci
The Church of Santa Maria Maggiore houses a chapel entirely frescoed by Pintoricchio, commissioned by Troilo Baglioni, between the end of the summer of 1500 and the spring of 1501. In the chapel is the self-portrait of the artist, a sort of provocative response to the self-portrait of another great artist of Perugian painting Pietro Vannucci known as Perugino: Bernardino figure with the face of three quarters, the features hollowed out and almost suffering but proud.
7.34km from Palazzo Trinci
The Umbra Valley, also called Valley Spoletan, is a wide and extensive flood plain, the second dell ' Umbria, formerly occupied by two lakes, the Lacus Clitorius and the Lacus Umber, previously merged into a single basin and drained today, whose the only remaining trace is the Fonti del Clitunno. Elongated in shape, bordered to the east by the Apennine chain and to the west by the chain of the Martani Mountains, it extends in the north-south direction.
10.81km from Palazzo Trinci
The Subasio is a mountain dell ' Umbria-Marche Apennines, high 1,290 m above sea level, located in Umbria, in the province of Perugia. On its western slopes rise the cities of Assisi and Spello; to the south, one of its borders falls within the territory of Foligno; to the east it is included in the territories of Valtopina and Nocera Umbra; to the north, a system of short ridges dependent on it insists on the territories of Gualdo Tadino, Gubbio and Valfabbrica.
Eremo delle Carceri
12.56km from Palazzo Trinci
The hermitage of the Carceri is the place where St. Francis of Assisi and his followers retired to pray and meditate. Located 4 kilometers from Assisi, at 791 meters above sea level on the slopes of Mount Subasio, the hermitage of the Carceri rises near some natural caves, frequented by hermits already in the early Christian age.
Temple of Clitunno
13.44km from Palazzo Trinci
The temple of Clitunno is a small chapel in the shape of the temple in the town of Campello Sul Clitunno. It is located about 1 km downstream of the sources of the Clitunno river, in an area where there are other springs, in the hamlet of Passignano. It is part of the serial site " Lombards in Italy: the places of power ", including seven places full of architectural, pictorial, and sculptural testimonies of Lombard art , registered in the List of World Heritage Sites of humanity UNESCO in June
Basilica di Santa Chiara
14.32km from Palazzo Trinci
The basilica of Santa Chiara is an important place of worship in the historic center of Assisi. The architectural style is Gothic , and closely resembles the almost contemporary upper basilica of San Francesco d'Assisi. The exterior is characterized by three large polygonal buttresses in the shape of large flying buttresses that reinforce the left side of the building.
Cathedral of San Rufino
14.44km from Palazzo Trinci
The Cathedral of San Rufino is the main place of worship Catholic city of Assisi, the mother church cathedral of the Diocese of Assisi-Nocera Umbra-Gualdo Tadino. The church stands in the homonymous square, originally a terrace created in Roman times, perhaps (but there is no documented evidence) the forum of the Roman city of Asisium. The facade is one of the most significant works of the "Umbrian" Romanesque and is comparable with contemporary examples in Spoleto, such as the Duomo and San Pi
Sanctuary Chiesa Nuova
14.54km from Palazzo Trinci
The Chiesa Nuova is a church in Assisi, Italy, built-in 1615 on the site of the presumed birthplace of St. Francis, the house of Pietro di Bernardone. It was then called Chiesa Nuova because it was the last church to be built in Assisi at that time. It was erected because, during a visit to Assisi in 1613, Antonio de Trejo, the Spanish Vicar General of the Franciscans, was saddened when he saw the original home of St. Francis becoming dilapidated.
Piazza del Comune
14.64km from Palazzo Trinci
The Piazza del Comune, located on the site of the ancient Roman Forum, is considered one of the most representative medieval Umbrian urban realizations. It is an amazing shopping spot in Assisi, where you will find such interesting stores as Mondo T-Shirt, Marini Souvenir and Kéramos. Here you will find cool t-shirts, nice souvenirs and gifts, as well as wonderful Umbrian and Italian ceramics, textiles and tapestries.
Church of Santa Maria sopra Minerva in Assisi
14.65km from Palazzo Trinci
The so-called temple of Minerva, of Augustan art, rises in Assisi, in Piazza del Comune, probably dedicated to Hercules and erected in 30 BC. It was transformed into the church of Santa Maria Sopra Minerva in the sixteenth century, with its bell tower, called "Torre del Popolo". It turns out to be among the best-preserved Roman temples of the ancient world. The building belongs to the typology of the Corinthian prostyle temple "in antis", with fluted columns resting on high quadrangular plinths
14.82km from Palazzo Trinci
The Rocca Maggiore has dominated the citadel of Assisi and the Tescio valley for more than eight hundred years, constituting the most valid fortification for their defense. You can reach the fortress on foot through the Perlici gate, built-in 1316: you can admire the Assisian walls still intact which, in their long journey, connect the two fortresses, Maggiore and Minore. It is one of the iconic attractions in this area and attracts a lot of tourists here.
14.86km from Palazzo Trinci
The Clitunno is a river that flows in Umbria, a tributary of the Topino. In 2011 UNESCO included the small temple that stands on its banks among the World Heritage Sites. It is born near the route of the Via Flaminia, in Campello sul Clitunno, between Spoleto and Foligno, and runs for 59.3 km passing through Pissignano, Cannaiola, Trevi, and Bevagna, to finally throw itself near Cannara in the Topino river, a tributary of the Chiascio. and therefore sub-tributary of the Tiber.
St. Peter's Abbey
14.91km from Palazzo Trinci
The abbey of San Pietro, incorporated in the fifteenth-century expansion of the walls, is located in front of the gardens of the Frontone, in Perugia , at the end of Borgo XX Giugno, outside the San Pietro gate. It was once the most powerful Benedictine monastery in Umbria. It was founded in the 10th century and was the first bishopric of Perugia.
Basilica di Santa Maria degli Angeli
14.99km from Palazzo Trinci
The Basilica of Santa Maria Degli Angeli is a church, the Roman Catholic rite, located in Assisi, in the hamlet of the same name, built on project Galeazzo Alessi with speeches by Jacopo Barozzi da Vignola in the second half of the sixteenth century. It has the dignity of a papal basilica and inside there is the Porziuncola, the chapel where Francis of Assisi gathered in prayer, and for this reason the center of Franciscan spirituality.
Basilica of San Francesco d'Assisi
15.38km from Palazzo Trinci
The Basilica Superiore, which was built immediately after the lower church and consecrated in 1253, is home to one of Italy's most famous works of art – a cycle of 28 frescoes depicting the life of St Francis. It is a Papal minor basilica and one of the most important places of Christian pilgrimage in Italy. With its accompanying friary, Sacro Convento, the basilica is a distinctive landmark to those approaching Assisi. It has been a UNESCO World Heritage site since 2000.
Bosco di San Francesco
15.74km from Palazzo Trinci
The Bosco di San Francesco is located in Assisi, at the foot of the Basilica dedicated to the Saint who lived and preached in these lands in the thirteenth century, together with his companions, giving life to the Franciscan order. In 2008, the FAI - Fondo Ambiente Italiano, thanks to the donation of Intesa Sanpaolo, acquired 64 hectares of the area, then, in 2011, following reorganization and recovery works, the forest was opened.
Colfiorito Regional Park
17.24km from Palazzo Trinci
Colfiorito is a mountain hamlet in the municipality of Foligno, belonging to the District n. 7 "Annifo - Colfiorito". Colfiorito rises 760 meters above sea level on a plateau of karst- marshy origin. Of the seven plateaus surrounding Colfiorito, which derive from the drying up of lakes, only one still hosts a swamp where rare species of animals can be encountered.
21.41km from Palazzo Trinci
The Chiascio is a river dell ' Umbria , 81.8 km long tributary on the left bank of the Tiber. The river is mentioned, without being named, by Dante Alighieri in Canto XI of Paradise when the Supreme Poet begins the description of the Assisi area : "Intra Tupino and the water that descends from the hill chosen by Blessed Ubaldo" ... where for "The water that descends from the chosen hill" means the Chiascio river. Along the river, in the municipality of Assisi , is the Petrignano Castle , datin
23.23km from Palazzo Trinci
The Torgiano Wine Museum is a specialized private museum. It is based in Torgiano, in the center of an established wine-growing area located between Perugia and Assisi and known for its Rosso DOC and Torgiano Rosso Riserva DOCG. Founded in 1974 and housed in the seventeenth-century Palazzo Graziani-Baglioni, in the rooms once used for the storage of agricultural products, it is considered one of the most important museums in the sector in Italy.
Map of attractions near Palazzo Trinci
Hotels near Palazzo Trinci
Hotels to stay near Palazzo Trinci
Know more about Palazzo Trinci
Piazza della Repubblica, 25, 06034 Foligno PG, Italy
The Trinci Palace is a patrician building which is located in the center of Foligno, in Piazza Della Repubblica and is one of the most interesting houses in Late Gothic central Italy. It contains a precious cycle of frescoes from the early fifteenth century, created by Gentile da Fabriano with the collaboration of other artists, and houses the Civic Art Gallery, the Archaeological Museum, and the Multimedia Museum of tournaments, jousting and games.