20 Attractions to Explore Near San Damiano
Top Trips and Tours in Italy
Tours and activities in Italy that might be of interest to you
All attractions near San Damiano
Piazza del Popolo, Todi
5.58km from San Damiano
Piazza del Popolo represents the secular and episcopal center of Todi, in the province of Perugia, and hosts one of the most interesting medieval complexes in Italy. Around it, there are the main city monuments that testify to the city powers of the era of the Free Municipalities. On the one hand, the Cathedral of the Annunziata, symbol of ecclesiastical power; and from the others the public buildings, seat of the civic powers: the Palazzo dei Priori, the Palazzo del Capitano, and the Palazzo de
Chiesa di San Fortunato
5.72km from San Damiano
The church of San Fortunato is located in Todi, in the province of Perugia, in the historic center of the city, near Piazza del Popolo. In June 1292 the church was transformed into a Gothic style. The interior has three naves of equal height, according to the typology of the Hallenkirche, each with an entrance from the facade and doors embellished with historiated bas-reliefs depicting saints, biblical prophets, and floristic ornaments.
Church of Saint Mary of Consolation
6.14km from San Damiano
Santa Maria della Consolazione is a Renaissance-style pilgrimage church in Todi, Italy. The centralized, symmetric plan, surmounted by a tall dome, distinguishes this Renaissance church, from the more common elongated basilica or Latin-cross designs. The church was built between 1508 and 1607, on the spot where a few years before some miraculous recoveries happened close to an ancient aedicule with pictures representing the Virgin holding the Infant Jesus and St Catherine of Alexandria.
10.17km from San Damiano
The Teatro Della Concordia in Monte Castello di Vibio, in the province of Perugia, is the smallest Italian theater and one of the smallest historical theaters. It is defined with the slogan "the smallest in the world" as it is the faithful and successful miniature reproduction of the great Italian and European theaters.
Tiber River Park
17.28km from San Damiano
The Tiber is the third-longest river in Italy, rising in the Apennine Mountains in Emilia-Romagna and flowing mainly through Umbria and Lazio to the Tyrrhenian Sea, between Ostia and Fiumicino. The river is well-known because the city of Rome was founded on its eastern banks.
19.7km from San Damiano
The Umbra Valley, also called Valley Spoletan, is a wide and extensive flood plain, the second dell ' Umbria, formerly occupied by two lakes, the Lacus Clitorius and the Lacus Umber, previously merged into a single basin and drained today, whose the only remaining trace is the Fonti del Clitunno. Elongated in shape, bordered to the east by the Apennine chain and to the west by the chain of the Martani Mountains, it extends in the north-south direction.
Lago di Corbara
20.14km from San Damiano
Lake Corby is an artificial lake of ' central Italy, which was formed with the construction in the sixties of the hydroelectric reservoir of the same name on the river Tiber. It takes its name from the hamlet of Corbara, a town in the municipality of Orvieto. Characterized by jagged banks that stretch into a deep and narrow gorge that creeps almost as far as Todi, it is bordered on the left bank by the state road 448. It is part, together with the surrounding territories, of the Tiber River Park
21.04km from San Damiano
The upstream Peglia is a mountain umbra situated in the territory of the municipality of San Venanzo, belonging to a group of reliefs that separate the territory of Orvieto from the Tiber valley , in the median segment of its path in the area of Umbria region . It is included in the area of the Monte Peglia and Selva di Meana park, with an area enclosed between the course of the Fersinone , Chiani , Faena and Calvana streams . The state-owned area is managed by the mountain community of the s
Association Rocca Albornoziana
23.44km from San Damiano
The Rocca Albornoziana is a fortress located on the top of the Sant'Elia hill overlooking the city of Spoleto . This is the main bulwark of the system of fortifications built by Pope Innocent VI , to militarily strengthen and make more evident the authority of the Church in the territories of central Italy , in view of the now imminent return of the papal see to Rome after the seventies. about years of stay in Avignon.
23.62km from San Damiano
The cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta is the main place of Catholic worship in the city of Spoleto, the mother church of the archdiocese of Spoleto-Norcia. The cathedral was built starting between 1151 and 1227 in place of a pre-existing building; inside, in the apse, there is the valuable cycle of frescoes by Filippo Lippi Stories of the Virgin, painted in the last years of the artist's life, between May 1467 and September 1469.
Temple of Clitunno
23.99km from San Damiano
The temple of Clitunno is a small chapel in the shape of the temple in the town of Campello Sul Clitunno. It is located about 1 km downstream of the sources of the Clitunno river, in an area where there are other springs, in the hamlet of Passignano. It is part of the serial site " Lombards in Italy: the places of power ", including seven places full of architectural, pictorial, and sculptural testimonies of Lombard art , registered in the List of World Heritage Sites of humanity UNESCO in June
Ponte delle torri
24.01km from San Damiano
The Ponte delle Torri is an arch bridge derived from a Roman aqueduct located in Spoleto. The structure crosses the path of the Tessino stream and reconnects what tectonic activity and linear erosion of the stream have divided. At the two ends of the bridge, there are two fortresses, the Rocca Albornoziana and the Fortilizio dei Mulini, built to watch over the bridge and active as a mill until the 19th century. The name Ponte Delle Torri could allude to the towers of the two fortresses or to t
24.65km from San Damiano
The Torgiano Wine Museum is a specialized private museum. It is based in Torgiano, in the center of an established wine-growing area located between Perugia and Assisi and known for its Rosso DOC and Torgiano Rosso Riserva DOCG. Founded in 1974 and housed in the seventeenth-century Palazzo Graziani-Baglioni, in the rooms once used for the storage of agricultural products, it is considered one of the most important museums in the sector in Italy.
24.78km from San Damiano
The Clitunno is a river that flows in Umbria, a tributary of the Topino. In 2011 UNESCO included the small temple that stands on its banks among the World Heritage Sites. It is born near the route of the Via Flaminia, in Campello sul Clitunno, between Spoleto and Foligno, and runs for 59.3 km passing through Pissignano, Cannaiola, Trevi, and Bevagna, to finally throw itself near Cannara in the Topino river, a tributary of the Chiascio. and therefore sub-tributary of the Tiber.
Ferrovia Spoleto - Norcia
25.17km from San Damiano
The Spoleto-Norcia railway was a railway to narrow gauge to electric traction in the ' Umbrian Apennines, decommissioned in 1968. the Spoleto-Norcia railway can be defined as an Alpine railway and represents a small jewel of railway engineering: in fact, 19 tunnels were built along the relatively short route of 51 kilometers, with the pass near Caprareccia di almost 2 kilometers, and 24 futuristic engineering bridges and viaducts of great architectural value.
25.52km from San Damiano
The Trinci Palace is a patrician building which is located in the center of Foligno, in Piazza Della Repubblica and is one of the most interesting houses in Late Gothic central Italy. It contains a precious cycle of frescoes from the early fifteenth century, created by Gentile da Fabriano with the collaboration of other artists, and houses the Civic Art Gallery, the Archaeological Museum, and the Multimedia Museum of tournaments, jousting and games.
26.21km from San Damiano
Spello is an Italian town of 8 466 inhabitants in the province of Perugia in Umbria. It is part of the circuit of the most beautiful villages in Italy and boasts the Orange Flag tourist-environmental quality mark, awarded by the Italian Touring Club. The old walled town lies on a regularly NW-SE sloping ridge that eventually meets the plain. From the top of the ridge, Spello commands a good view of the Umbrian plain towards Perugia.
26.45km from San Damiano
The Church of Santa Maria Maggiore houses a chapel entirely frescoed by Pintoricchio, commissioned by Troilo Baglioni, between the end of the summer of 1500 and the spring of 1501. In the chapel is the self-portrait of the artist, a sort of provocative response to the self-portrait of another great artist of Perugian painting Pietro Vannucci known as Perugino: Bernardino figure with the face of three quarters, the features hollowed out and almost suffering but proud.
27.59km from San Damiano
La Scarzuola is a rural town in Umbria, located in the Montegiove hamlet of the municipality of Montegabbione, in the province of Terni. It is well known for the ancient convent where, according to tradition, St. Francis of Assisi lived, and for the villa in the form of a "city-theater", conceived and built in the twentieth century by the Milanese architect Tomaso Buzzi as a personal interpretation of the theme of the " ideal city ".
Oasi naturalistica Lago di Alviano
28.46km from San Damiano
The Alviano Lake Naturalistic Oasis is a protected natural area managed by WWF Italy which is located in Umbria, in the province of Terni. The area has an area of about 900 hectares, which mainly fall within the territory of the Madonna del Porto hamlet, in the municipality of Guardea (where the entrance to the oasis is located), but which also partly extend into the municipalities of Alviano, Montecchio and Civitella d'Agliano.
Map of attractions near San Damiano
Hotels near San Damiano
Hotels to stay near San Damiano
Know more about San Damiano
06059 San Damiano, Province of Perugia, Italy
San Damiano is a church with a monastery near Assisi, Italy. Built in the 12th century, it was the first monastery of the Order of Saint Clare, where Saint Clare built her community. The church has a hut-shaped façade; the entrance is preceded by a short portico with three round arcades supported by brickwork pillars. Above the central arch is a circular rose window. The interior has a single nave with ogival barrel vaults.