20 Attractions to Explore Near Lago di Piediluco
Top Trips and Tours in Italy
Tours and activities in Italy that might be of interest to you
All attractions near Lago di Piediluco
3.68km from Lago di Piediluco
Marmore Falls, a mass of water that falls from a height of about 165 meters, which is a mix of natural beauty, human intelligence and fairytales. This waterway is the tallest human-made waterfall in the world. It’s impressive stature is a 2,000-year-old testament to human engineering.
Cascata delle Marmore Belvedere Superiore
3.7km from Lago di Piediluco
The Cascata Delle Marmore is a waterfall located about 7 km away from Terni, in Umbria, almost at the end of the Valnerina, the long valley carved by the Nera river. It is a controlled flow waterfall, one of the highest in Europe, being able to count on a total height difference of 165 m , divided into three jumps, inserted in a large natural park. The name derives from the calcium carbonate salts present on the rocks which are similar to white marble.
Nera River Park
4.64km from Lago di Piediluco
The Nera is a 116-kilometer long river that flows almost entirely in Umbria, Italy. It is the largest tributary to the Tiber, its sources are in the Monti Sibillini east of Foligno. It flows southward past Terni and Narni. It joins the Tiber near Orte. Its largest tributaries are the Velino and the Corno.
Rocca Di Narni
19.1km from Lago di Piediluco
The Rocca Albornoziana of Narni is a stronghold located in the homonymous city, in southern Umbria. It was built in 1367 for defensive purposes at the behest of Cardinal Egidio Albornoz and is located at 332 m asl. It dominates the town and the valley of the Nera river from a very favorable strategic position. It overlooks, on one side, the Ternana basin, being able to easily control the access roads to Perugia, Amelia, and Terni; on the other side, it faces the SSO, dominating the via Flaminia
19.56km from Lago di Piediluco
Narni underground is a complex of hypogea rediscovered since 1977, consisting for the most part of water cisterns and rooms used for different uses, both by the population and by the monastic orders. Some of them are now open to the public. The historic center of Narni is full of artificial cavities, especially cisterns to collect and store water. For this reason, in 1981 the first-ever conference on artificial cavities was organized in the city, which traced a path followed by many archaeologic
Ponte delle torri
22.28km from Lago di Piediluco
The Ponte delle Torri is an arch bridge derived from a Roman aqueduct located in Spoleto. The structure crosses the path of the Tessino stream and reconnects what tectonic activity and linear erosion of the stream have divided. At the two ends of the bridge, there are two fortresses, the Rocca Albornoziana and the Fortilizio dei Mulini, built to watch over the bridge and active as a mill until the 19th century. The name Ponte Delle Torri could allude to the towers of the two fortresses or to t
Association Rocca Albornoziana
22.4km from Lago di Piediluco
The Rocca Albornoziana is a fortress located on the top of the Sant'Elia hill overlooking the city of Spoleto . This is the main bulwark of the system of fortifications built by Pope Innocent VI , to militarily strengthen and make more evident the authority of the Church in the territories of central Italy , in view of the now imminent return of the papal see to Rome after the seventies. about years of stay in Avignon.
22.55km from Lago di Piediluco
The cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta is the main place of Catholic worship in the city of Spoleto, the mother church of the archdiocese of Spoleto-Norcia. The cathedral was built starting between 1151 and 1227 in place of a pre-existing building; inside, in the apse, there is the valuable cycle of frescoes by Filippo Lippi Stories of the Virgin, painted in the last years of the artist's life, between May 1467 and September 1469.
Ferrovia Spoleto - Norcia
23.87km from Lago di Piediluco
The Spoleto-Norcia railway was a railway to narrow gauge to electric traction in the ' Umbrian Apennines, decommissioned in 1968. the Spoleto-Norcia railway can be defined as an Alpine railway and represents a small jewel of railway engineering: in fact, 19 tunnels were built along the relatively short route of 51 kilometers, with the pass near Caprareccia di almost 2 kilometers, and 24 futuristic engineering bridges and viaducts of great architectural value.
26.53km from Lago di Piediluco
Rita of Cascia, in the world Margherita Lotti, was a religious Italian monastery hermit of Santa Maria Maddalena. Beatified by Pope Urban VIII in 1628, she was proclaimed a saint by Pope Leo XIII in 1900. At the end of the nineteenth century, Roccaporena became for a decade a meeting and excursion place for numerous Italian intellectuals, gathered around Luigi Galassi, rector of the University of Rome "La Sapienza", whose family was originally from Roccaporena.
Basilica of Santa Rita da Cascia
29.72km from Lago di Piediluco
The basilica of Santa Rita da Cascia is a minor basilica of Cascia, belonging to the homonymous sanctuary: inside the mortal remains of Santa Rita are venerated. The church, located almost on the top of the Sant'Agostino hill and whose access to the churchyard is allowed by a short staircase, has a facade covered in white travertine from Tivoli set between two spiers , which end with two small bell cells, surmounted by crosses in iron.
33.31km from Lago di Piediluco
The Clitunno is a river that flows in Umbria, a tributary of the Topino. In 2011 UNESCO included the small temple that stands on its banks among the World Heritage Sites. It is born near the route of the Via Flaminia, in Campello sul Clitunno, between Spoleto and Foligno, and runs for 59.3 km passing through Pissignano, Cannaiola, Trevi, and Bevagna, to finally throw itself near Cannara in the Topino river, a tributary of the Chiascio. and therefore sub-tributary of the Tiber.
Temple of Clitunno
34.44km from Lago di Piediluco
The temple of Clitunno is a small chapel in the shape of the temple in the town of Campello Sul Clitunno. It is located about 1 km downstream of the sources of the Clitunno river, in an area where there are other springs, in the hamlet of Passignano. It is part of the serial site " Lombards in Italy: the places of power ", including seven places full of architectural, pictorial, and sculptural testimonies of Lombard art , registered in the List of World Heritage Sites of humanity UNESCO in June
38.27km from Lago di Piediluco
San Damiano is a church with a monastery near Assisi, Italy. Built in the 12th century, it was the first monastery of the Order of Saint Clare, where Saint Clare built her community. The church has a hut-shaped façade; the entrance is preceded by a short portico with three round arcades supported by brickwork pillars. Above the central arch is a circular rose window. The interior has a single nave with ogival barrel vaults.
Chiesa di San Fortunato
39.5km from Lago di Piediluco
The church of San Fortunato is located in Todi, in the province of Perugia, in the historic center of the city, near Piazza del Popolo. In June 1292 the church was transformed into a Gothic style. The interior has three naves of equal height, according to the typology of the Hallenkirche, each with an entrance from the facade and doors embellished with historiated bas-reliefs depicting saints, biblical prophets, and floristic ornaments.
Church of Saint Mary of Consolation
39.56km from Lago di Piediluco
Santa Maria della Consolazione is a Renaissance-style pilgrimage church in Todi, Italy. The centralized, symmetric plan, surmounted by a tall dome, distinguishes this Renaissance church, from the more common elongated basilica or Latin-cross designs. The church was built between 1508 and 1607, on the spot where a few years before some miraculous recoveries happened close to an ancient aedicule with pictures representing the Virgin holding the Infant Jesus and St Catherine of Alexandria.
Piazza del Popolo, Todi
39.63km from Lago di Piediluco
Piazza del Popolo represents the secular and episcopal center of Todi, in the province of Perugia, and hosts one of the most interesting medieval complexes in Italy. Around it, there are the main city monuments that testify to the city powers of the era of the Free Municipalities. On the one hand, the Cathedral of the Annunziata, symbol of ecclesiastical power; and from the others the public buildings, seat of the civic powers: the Palazzo dei Priori, the Palazzo del Capitano, and the Palazzo de
40.57km from Lago di Piediluco
The Umbra Valley, also called Valley Spoletan, is a wide and extensive flood plain, the second dell ' Umbria, formerly occupied by two lakes, the Lacus Clitorius and the Lacus Umber, previously merged into a single basin and drained today, whose the only remaining trace is the Fonti del Clitunno. Elongated in shape, bordered to the east by the Apennine chain and to the west by the chain of the Martani Mountains, it extends in the north-south direction.
41.62km from Lago di Piediluco
A beautiful garden which was made in wood and many of its giant sculptures were carved from living rock. Stylistically, Bomarzo represents a step towards the drama of the Baroque. The garden was created during the 16th century. The park's name stems from the many larger-than-life sculptures, some sculpted in the bedrock, which populate this predominantly barren landscape.
Oasi naturalistica Lago di Alviano
41.82km from Lago di Piediluco
The Alviano Lake Naturalistic Oasis is a protected natural area managed by WWF Italy which is located in Umbria, in the province of Terni. The area has an area of about 900 hectares, which mainly fall within the territory of the Madonna del Porto hamlet, in the municipality of Guardea (where the entrance to the oasis is located), but which also partly extend into the municipalities of Alviano, Montecchio and Civitella d'Agliano.
Map of attractions near Lago di Piediluco
Hotels near Lago di Piediluco
Hotels to stay near Lago di Piediluco
Know more about Lago di Piediluco
Lago di Piediluco
Lago di Piediluco, 05100 Terni, Province of Terni, Italy
The Piediluco Lake is located in ' Central Italy: its shores lies the village of Piediluco, a hamlet of Terni. Located in the south-eastern offshoots of Umbria , with a branch that borders on Lazio , the Piediluco lake, even if it is 1.85 km², can be considered the largest natural lake basin in the region after Trasimeno. The name seems to be able to be interpreted as "at the foot of the sacred wood". Together with the Lungo , Ripasottile and Ventina lakes located in the province of Rieti.