20 Attractions to Explore Near Cala Rossa
Top Trips and Tours in Italy
Tours and activities in Italy that might be of interest to you
All attractions near Cala Rossa
Nature Reserve Zingaro
8.53km from Cala Rossa
The Zingaro oriented nature reserve is a protected natural area located in the municipalities of Castellammare del Golfo and San Vito Lo Capo, in the province of Trapani. Established in 1981, it is managed by the State Forests of the Sicilian Region. The territory was inhabited by a last family of peasants until about 1960, in the house that today is the museum of weaving, renovated in 2013. The inhabitants used mules to transport goods and water.
Oriented Nature Reserve Monte Cofano
9.58km from Cala Rossa
The Monte Cofano oriented nature reserve is a protected natural area located in the municipalities of Custonaci and San Vito Lo Capo, in the province of Trapani and was established by decree of 25/7/1997 by the Regional "Territory and Environment" of the Region Sicilian and entrusted to the management of the State Forests of the Sicilian Region. Monte Cofano is a mountainous promontory of calcareous nature, with a characteristic triangular shape overlooking the sea. The Reserve contains differ
Tonnara di Scopello
14.99km from Cala Rossa
The trap of Scopello is one of the most important and ancient in all of Sicily ; it was built no earlier than the 13th century and considerably enlarged by the Sanclemente family during the 15th and 16th centuries . It then passed to the Society of Jesus and finally to the Florio family . It is located in the territory of Castellammare del Golfo .
23.03km from Cala Rossa
Morgantina is an ancient Sicilian and Greek city, an archaeological site in the territory of Aidone, an Italian town in the province of Enna in Sicily. The city was unearthed in the fall of 1955 by the archaeological mission of Princeton University. The excavations carried out so far allow us to follow the development of the settlement for a period of about a millennium, from prehistory to the Roman era.
Saline of Trapani and Paceco
26.4km from Cala Rossa
The oriented nature reserve of Saline di Trapani and Paceco is a protected natural area in Sicily established in 1995, which extends for almost 1000 hectares in the territory of the municipalities of Trapani and Paceco. The reserve, in which the ancient activity of extraction of sea salt is carried out, is an important wetland " Ramsar ", which offers shelter to numerous species of migratory birds. It is managed by WWF Italy.
39.85km from Cala Rossa
Levanzo is an island of Italy belonging to the archipelago of the Egadi Islands, in Sicily. It is the smallest of the Egadi islands, with an emerged surface of just 5 km². There is the homonymous locality, a fraction of Favignana, an Italian municipality of the free municipal consortium of Trapani in Sicily. On the coast overlooking some caves, the most famous of which is the Grotta del Genovese, one of the most important archaeological sites in Sicily, with its carvings and cave paintings dat
49.7km from Cala Rossa
The Egadi islands are an archipelago of Italy, in Sicily, between the lower Tyrrhenian and the Sicilian channel. Located about 7 km from the west coast of Sicily, between Trapani and Marsala, in the free municipal consortium of Trapani, the archipelago consists of three islands and two islets, plus a series of rocks and stacks. Known already in antiquity with the Latin name Aegates which comes from the Greek Aigatai, or " goat islands ", on the archipelago is the Egadi Islands Marine Nature Rese
Cattedrale di Monreale
50.95km from Cala Rossa
The cathedral of Santa Maria Nuova is the main place of Catholic worship in Monreale, in the metropolitan city of Palermo, the archbishopric of the archdiocese of the same name. Built starting from 1174 at the behest of William II of Altavilla, king of Sicily from 1166 to 1189, it is famous for the rich Byzantine mosaics that decorate the interior. In August 1926, Pope Pius XI elevated it to the dignity of a minor basilica.
Capo Gallo Reserve
51.96km from Cala Rossa
The Capo Gallo nature reserve is a protected natural area located in the municipality of Palermo and was established by the Sicilian Region in 2001 . It is included in the Regional Plan of Parks and Reserves and is managed by the State Forests of the Sicilian Region, which has carried out numerous interventions aimed at recreating the original environmental conditions of the territory and making it accessible to the public.
52.88km from Cala Rossa
Mondello is a district and tourist resort of Palermo which is part of the VII District , enclosed by Monte Pellegrino and Monte Gallo. The area is famous for its beach, which is one of the most coveted beaches of Sicily , for its many villas in the style Art Nouveau , known as the best expression of ' Art Nouveau in Italy, and the historical sites. It is home to the World Festival on the Beach .
Catacombe dei Cappuccini
54.37km from Cala Rossa
The Catacombe dei Cappuccini is a complex of tunnels and shrines in Palermo, Sicily that is decorated entirely with mummified corpses. Today they provide a somewhat macabre tourist attraction as well as an extraordinary historical record. The catacombs contain about 8000 corpses and 1252 mummies that line the walls. It will be a unique experience visiting this place.
Castello della Zisa
54.45km from Cala Rossa
Zisa Castle was built in the 12th century by Arab craftsmen as a summer retreat for King William I of Sicily. It's now a UNESCO World Heritage Site, with handsome windows overlooking the gardens. The Zisa is clearly inspired by Moorish architecture. The name Zisa itself derives from the Arab term al-Azīz, meaning "dear" or "splendid". The same word, in Naskh script, is impressed in the entrance, according to the usual habit for the main Islamic edifices of the time.
55km from Cala Rossa
Mount Pellegrino is a 606 meters high hill offering panoramic views of Palermo city, its surrounding mountains and the Tyrrhenian Sea. It is located in Palermo city in Sicily, southern Italy. Mount Pellegrino towers over the western side of the bay of Palermo, isolated from all the other mountains that surround the city.
Mercato del Capo
55.52km from Cala Rossa
Il Capo is an ancient and well-known district in the historic center of Palermo ; with the same term the people of Palermo also indicate the market held there and with which the neighborhood identifies itself. The Capo market, together with the other Palermo markets such as Ballarò , La Vucciria , Lattarini and the Flea Market , is an important retail agri-food outlet.
55.59km from Cala Rossa
The Norman Palace, also known as the Royal Palace, is located in Palermo and is currently the seat of the Sicilian Regional Assembly. The palace is the oldest royal residence in Europe, home to the kings of the Kingdom of Sicily, the imperial seat with Frederick II and Conrad IV and the historic Sicilian Parliament. On the first floor of the building stands the Palatine Chapel. The west wing is assigned to the Italian Army. It is one of the most visited monuments on the island.
55.66km from Cala Rossa
The Palatine Chapel is the royal chapel of the Norman palace in Palermo, Sicily. This building is a mixture of Byzantine, Norman, and Fatimid architectural styles, showing the tricultural state of Sicily during the 12th century after Roger II's father and uncle conquered the island. Also referred to as a Palace church or Palace chapel, it was commissioned by Roger II of Sicily in 1132 to be built upon an older chapel constructed around 1080.
San Giovanni degli Eremiti
55.75km from Cala Rossa
The church of San Giovanni Degli Eremiti is a national monument located in the historic center of Palermo, near the Norman Palace. The church is built according to the canons of Sicilian-Norman architecture; it is a Romanesque church and externally resembles oriental buildings. This reference to the East is even more emphasized by the bright red domes, restored in the nineteenth century by the architect Giuseppe Patricolo, according to an interpretation of the original color based on ancient tr
Cattedrale di Palermo
55.78km from Cala Rossa
The Primatial Metropolitan Cathedral Basilica of the Holy Virgin Mary of the Assumption , known simply as the Cathedral Church of Palermo , is the main place of Catholic worship in the city of Palermo and the archbishopric of the homonymous metropolitan archdiocese. A feast of geometric patterns, ziggurat crenellations, maiolica cupolas and blind arches, Palermo's cathedral has suffered aesthetically from multiple reworkings over the centuries, but remains a prime example of Sicily's unique Ara
55.8km from Cala Rossa
Teatro Massimo, in Palermo, is the largest opera house in Italy, one of the largest in Europe and third in terms of architectural magnitude after the Opéra National in Paris and the Staatsoper of Vienna. Representative rooms, halls, galleries, and monumental stairways surround the actual theater, forming an architectural complex of enormous proportions.
Regional Archeological Museum Antonio Salinas
56.06km from Cala Rossa
The "Antonino Salinas" Regional Archaeological Museum is a museum based in Palermo. It has one of the richest collections of archaeological d ' Italy and testimonies of Sicilian history in all its stages, ranging from prehistory to the Middle Ages. Inside are preserved the finds and artifacts of the peoples who determined the history of the island: Phoenicians, Punic, Greeks, Romans, and Byzantines, but also artifacts from other peoples such as the Egyptians and the Etruscans.
Map of attractions near Cala Rossa
Hotels near Cala Rossa
Hotels to stay near Cala Rossa
Know more about Cala Rossa
91010 Cala Rossa TP, Italy
The bay of Cala Rossa is a high place for luxury tourism with an offer of upscale goods and the Grand Hotel Cala Rossa for lovers of starry cuisine at the water’s edge. It was one of the beautiful rocky coves which attracts a lot of tourists and also you can spend some nice time here.