20 Attractions to Explore Near Monte D`Accoddi
Top Trips and Tours in Italy
Tours and activities in Italy that might be of interest to you
All attractions near Monte D`Accoddi
26.44km from Monte D`Accoddi
The Elephant rock is a large trachytic and andesitic boulder, with a strong rust color, considerably eroded by atmospheric agents that have given it the singular appearance of a seated pachyderm. The rock, which has a height of about four meters, is located in the municipality of Castelsardo in Multeddu, at km 4.3 of the SS 134 that connects the aforementioned municipality to Sedini. Originally the boulder was part of the rocky complex of Monte Castellazzu from which it broke away by rolling do
28.57km from Monte D`Accoddi
The Nuragic complex of Palmavera is an archaeological site located in the municipality of Alghero. It is classified as a "complex" nuraghe, ie made up of several towers joined together. The village was probably destroyed by fire at the end of the eighth century BC and was subsequently sporadically frequented in the Punic and Roman times, as evidenced by some ceramics found. The hills surrounding the site were defended by single-tower nuraghi, some of which are still in good condition today.
28.65km from Monte D`Accoddi
Le Bombarde is a beach in north-western Sardinia located in the municipality of Alghero. It is about 3 km from Fertilia and about ten from Alghero. The beach is well known by both Sardinians and continental people. For this reason, for several years it has been necessary to build several bar-restaurant kiosks to meet the needs of bathers who do not stay in the hotel. Above the beach, there is paid parking for cars and motorbikes.
Torre della Pelosa
28.98km from Monte D`Accoddi
The Torre della Pelosa is a tower that is part of the complex of fortified structures which, from the early Middle Ages to the mid-nineteenth century, formed the defensive, sighting and communication system of the Sardinian coast . It is located on an islet between Isola Piana and Capo Falcone right at the entrance to the Asinara strait, a strategic position for controlling the traffic of boats that headed from the "outside sea" to the low and sandy coast of the gulf.
Spiaggia di Mugoni
28.98km from Monte D`Accoddi
The Mugoni beach is a beach of Sardinia North West located in the locality, in the territory of Alghero. It faces the bay of Porto Conte and is part of the Porto Conte Regional Natural Park, the entire bay of Porto Conto is an integral part of the Capo Caccia - Isola Piana marine protected area, therefore "hunting, capture, collection, damage and, in general, any activity that may constitute a danger or disturbance of animal and plant species, including the introduction of alien species.
35.74km from Monte D`Accoddi
Neptune's Grotto is a stalactite cave near the town of Alghero on the island of Sardinia, Italy. The cave was discovered by local fishermen in the 18th century and has since developed into a popular tourist attraction. The grotto gets its name from the Roman god of the sea, Neptune. The grotto was formed about two million years ago: inside, you will see rooms with astounding karst formations, a white sandy beach and a huge underground lake.
35.87km from Monte D`Accoddi
Capo Caccia is an imposing promontory of limestone located north-western tip of Sardinia, which overlooks the bay of Alghero, and the other limestone cliff cape of Alghero, Punta Giglio, encloses the great gulf of Porto Conte. There is the Capo Caccia weather station and, due to its position, it has a lighthouse, which thanks to its high position, 186 meters above sea level, is one of the most visible at a distance, about 34 miles, in all of Italy and the Mediterranean.
37.07km from Monte D`Accoddi
The Coghinas is the most important river in the province of Sassari and with a length of 116 km it is the third river in Sardinia after the Tirso and the Flumendosa , however, being the 2nd for basin width after the Tirso and the 2nd after the Flumendosa for average water flow. A dam of its course near the Muzzone strait, by means of a dam 185 meters long and 58 wide, forms the homonymous basin, Lake Coghinas , which has a capacity of 254 million cubic meters of water.
Nuraghe Santu Antine
43.01km from Monte D`Accoddi
The Santu Antine nuraghe , also called sa Domo de su re is one of the most majestic nuraghes in the whole of Sardinia and is also one of the most important of those existing. The entire complex represents an important example of megalithic architecture and it is assumed that the original height of the central keep reached a measure between 22 and 24 meters, the highest for that period after the Egyptian pyramids and the keep of the Nuragic palace of Arrubiu which measured between 25 and 30 mete
Spiaggia di Li Cossi
49km from Monte D`Accoddi
Li Cossi beach belongs to some of the most famous beaches of north Sardinia. Enclosed in a natural amphitheater of granite rocks, the beach has a length of just 80 meters but can be up to 70 meters wide, reaching all the way back to the riverbed. It's a great spot for taking pictures of the sunset as Li Cossi faces due west.
49.91km from Monte D`Accoddi
The Coghinas is the most important river in the province of Sassari and with a length of 116 km it is the third river in Sardinia after the Tirso and the Flumendosa, however, being the 2nd for basin width after the Tirso and the 2nd after the Flumendosa for average water flow. A dam of its course near the Muzzone strait, by means of a dam 185 meters long and 58 wide, forms the homonymous basin, Lake Coghinas, which has a capacity of 254 million cubic meters of water.
59.89km from Monte D`Accoddi
The Monte Limbara is a mountain range located in the Sardinia north-east. Located in the municipalities of Tempio Pausania, Calangianus, Oschiri, Berchidda, of granite nature, it represents the border between the historical and geographical regions of Gallura to the north and Logudoro to the south. Characterized by modeled peaks, in the past, it housed a USAF radio base, while the highest peak, Punta Balistreri, rises to an altitude of 1,359 meters above sea level. Work is underway for the estab
64.96km from Monte D`Accoddi
The Montiferru is a sub-region of Sardinia West Central, which takes its name from the massive volcanic namesake. The highest elevation is that of Mount Urtigu. The volcanic complex, extinct for more than a million years, was characterized by eruptions whose lava progressed to create new lands both to the east, with the vast Abbasanta plateau , characterized by basaltic soils, and to the west up to the coastal.
Valle della Luna
75.71km from Monte D`Accoddi
Cala Grande is a small valley, about 500 m long, located in the western area of the Capo Testa promontory, in the municipality of Santa Teresa Gallura, in Sardinia. "Valley of the Moon" is the name given to this place around the '60s by a hippy community. It is characterized by the presence on both sides of the valley of granite rocks with unusual shapes which, although not unlike those present in the rest of the promontory, here form a straight valley that runs down to the sea.
76.64km from Monte D`Accoddi
Capo Testa is a small peninsula located in the north of Sardinia, a few kilometers from Santa Teresa di Gallura. It overlooks the Bocche di Bonifacio and is connected to the mainland by a narrow isthmus, along which two beaches extend. The promontory is made up of the typical Gallura granite rocks eroded by the wind and has a perimeter of about ten kilometers. On the promontory of Capo Testa, there is a lighthouse of fundamental importance for navigation in the stretch of sea of the Bocche di
Giants' grave of Coddu Vecchiu
80.59km from Monte D`Accoddi
GIANTS’ GRAVES, OR TOMBA DEI giganti, are megalithic gallery graves that were used as public tombs during the Bronze Age. The tombs are made of a central stele, a stone or wooden slab, which has a hole cut into it that functions as the entrance. It was built in local granite between 1800 and 1600 BC and renovated between 1600 and 1300 BC. It has a gallery approximately ten meters tall and four meters wide.
Nuraghe La Prisgiona
81.01km from Monte D`Accoddi
The nuraghe La Prisgiona is a nuragic archaeological site, located in the Capichera valley in the municipality of Arzachena, in the province of Sassari. The complex consists of a nuraghe and a village of about 90-100 huts, spread over five hectares. Due to its large extension and the number of buildings, the site is considered unique in the Gallura nuragic context. Nearby is also the tomb of the giants of Coddu Vecchiu.
82.96km from Monte D`Accoddi
Lake Omodeo is a large artificial lake that was built in Sardinia between 1919 and 1924. The lake was built through a dam on the Tirso River in the Santa Chiara d’Ula gorge. A very important lake in Sardinia it was also one of the largest of its kind in Europe for many years. it is an artificial basin where you can enjoy relaxing walks or exploring the waters in a canoe.
84.17km from Monte D`Accoddi
Capo Mannu is a promontory located 22 km from Oristano, in Sardinia, which forms the northern starting point of the Sinis peninsula. On the promontory, there is a signaling lighthouse. The territory of the cape belongs administratively to the municipality of San Vero Milis. It is well known to surfers and windsurfers. The cape is exposed to all winds of the western quadrants, and especially to the mistral. During the storms, it is possible to observe waves of a few meters high.
85.17km from Monte D`Accoddi
L'Isuledda is an area of about 180,000 m², almost totally surrounded by the sea, joined to the mainland by an isthmus of sandy soil, and is, therefore, a peninsula. Administratively it is part of the municipality of Palau and is located near the towns of Porto Pollo and Barrabisa. L'Isuledda overlooks the protected marine park of the La Maddalena Archipelago, in turn part of the Marine Mammal Sanctuary.
Map of attractions near Monte D`Accoddi
Hotels near Monte D`Accoddi
Hotels to stay near Monte D`Accoddi
Know more about Monte D`Accoddi
07100 Sassari, Province of Sassari, Italy
The sanctuary of Monte d'Accoddi, also known as ziggurat of Monte d'Accoddy or Sardinian ziggurat, is a monument megalithic discovered in 1954 near the city of Sassari in Sardinia, 11 km of the road to Porto Torres. The monument, unique in the Mediterranean, was built in Sardinia in the second half of the fourth millennium BC. The monument was repeatedly completed. The last extensions of the temple were made in the era of the later Abealzu-Filigos culture.