Golfo Paradiso, Italy
About Golfo Paradiso
The Golfo Paradiso is a small gulf located on the eastern coast of the metropolitan city of Genoa, in the eastern part of the Gulf of Genoa, in the Ligurian Sea. The district, belonging to the metropolitan area of Genoa, squeezed between the large municipality of the Ligurian capital and the promontory of Portofino, borders to the north with the Val Fontanabuona, and consists of seven municipalities, of which five on the sea and two without access to the gulf.
Attractions near Golfo Paradiso
The Punta Chiappa Battery is the defensive complex of the 202nd coastal Battery of the Royal Army, built towards the end of the thirties on the western side of the Portofino peninsula, conceived as an anti-ship system to protect the east of the Gulf of Genoa. Together with the batteries of Arenzano, Monte Moro, and Pegli, it was part of the coastal system in defense of Genoa during the Second World War.
The Portofino is the highest mountain of the promontory of Portofino and is part of ' Appennino Ligure. On the summit, there is the Rai broadcasting center inaugurated on 20 September 1953. Mount Portofino is 610 m high and is entirely included in the Portofino Regional Natural Park. It is located on the border between the municipalities of Camogli and Santa Margherita Ligure. The flora of the mountain is typical of the Mediterranean, between the species present there is the bracken.
The Abbey of San Fruttuoso is located on the Italian Riviera between Camogli and Portofino. It is the seat of the Catholic parish with the same name of the Vicariate of Recco-Uscio-Camogli, Archdiocese of Genoa. The abbey is located in a small bay under a steep wooded hill. It can only be reached by sea or by footpaths, there is no road access.
The Christ of the Abyss is a bronze statue placed in 1954 on the bottom of the bay of San Fruttuoso, between Camogli and Portofino within the Portofino Marine Protected Natural Area, at a depth of 17 meters. The dive to observe the statue is one of the most famous excursions of the Ligurian coast, and the Christ has become over the years the symbol of the passion for diving and the sea.
Corso Italia - one of the main arteries of Genoa, representing the street and popular promenade. Built in the first decades of the twentieth century, this place has quickly become one of the most important for walking and recreation in the city, among the Genoese, and guests of the city. The promenade was built after the First World War, as a result of the ambitious development plan of the whole neighborhood of Albaro, approved in 1914.
Villa Durazzo Pallavicini is a historic noble residence located in the municipality of Genoa. It is located in Pegli, a residential area in the west of the city. The complex, now owned by the municipality of Genoa, consists of a building, home to the Ligurian archeology museum, a park of almost 9 ha among the largest historical gardens in Europe, and a botanical garden named after the noblewoman Clelia Durazzo. The entrance is located next to the Genova-Pegli railway station.
Where is Golfo Paradiso
Discover more attractions in Liguria, where Golfo Paradiso is located
The Liguria region is a destination recommended both for those who like relaxation and for dynamic people: with its jagged land, its hills, peaks and cliff-hanging villages, is the ideal spot for hiking or bicycling, diving or paragliding, as well as visiting villages rich in history.