The island of Tinetto is located in the Ligurian Sea, at the western end of the Gulf of La Spezia; its territory is part of the municipality of Porto Venere. Since 1997 the island of Tinetto, along with the other islands Palmaria and Tino, Porto Venere, and Cinque Terre has been listed among the World Heritage Sites of ' UNESCO. On its narrow territory, the Tinetto preserves the important testimony of an ancient paleochristian monastery in the Ligurian land.
Attractions near Tinetto
The island of Tino is located in the Ligurian Sea, at the western end of the Gulf of La Spezia; its territory is part of the municipality of Porto Venere. It is 500 m from Palmaria Island and 2.5 km from the mainland. Since 1997 the island of Tino, along with the other islands Palmaria and Tinetto, Porto Venere, and Cinque Terre has been listed among the World Heritage Sites of ' UNESCO. The island of Tino can be considered, among the three islands of the Gulf, as the "intermediate" one, both
L ' island Palmària, is located in the Ligurian Sea, the western end of the Gulf of La Spezia; with its area of 1.89 square km, it is in fact the largest island of the Spezzino Archipelago and of all the five Ligurian islands. Located in front of the village of Porto Venere, from which it is separated by a narrow stretch of sea called Le Bocche, it is part of an archipelago also made up of the islands of Tino and Tinetto. Its territory is part of the municipality of Porto Venere.
The Church of San Pietro is an ancient church dedicated to Saint Peter, built on a rocky edge in Portovenere, facing the beautiful Gulf of Poets. The original church was founded on the ancient remains of a pagan temple dedicated to the goddess Venus Erycina, and was consecrated in 1198. The black and white bands on the walls were added by the Genoese in the 13th century, presumably between 1256 and 1277.
The Naval Technical Museum of the Navy is located in La Spezia. La Spezia is the most important of the Italian naval museums and, although it has been here for just over a century, it has much older origins. Located next to the main access portal to the military Arsenal, it has been here since 1958. Previously it was located in the mechanical workshops inside the military establishment.
The Castle of San Giorgio is an ancient Genoese fortification on the high ground of the city of La Spezia called "Colle del Poggio". The castle can be reached via XXVII Marzo which crosses what today remains of the belt of walls erected in the 14th century to defend the city. The castle retained its medieval structure until the mid-fifteenth century when the introduction of artillery imposed the construction of new thick walls, even if of lesser constructive accuracy, with a shoe profile and ch
Capo Corvo , otherwise known as Punta Corvo or Lunense promontory, is the offshoot of the chain of Mount Caprione on the Ligurian Sea between Bocca di Magra and the Gulf of La Spezia. The promontory also constitutes the eastern limit of the Ligurian Riviera , dividing it geographically from the Apuan coast.
Where is Tinetto
Discover more attractions in Liguria, where Tinetto is located
The Liguria region is a destination recommended both for those who like relaxation and for dynamic people: with its jagged land, its hills, peaks and cliff-hanging villages, is the ideal spot for hiking or bicycling, diving or paragliding, as well as visiting villages rich in history.