Church Piedigrotta - 4 Things to Know Before Visiting
About Church Piedigrotta
The church of Santa Maria di Piedigrotta is a place used for Catholic worship located in the Piedigrotta area of the Chiaia district of Naples. It was, dedicated to the Nativity of Mary, was built starting from 1352 and finished in 1353, on the site of a previous church dedicated to the Annunciation to the Virgin Mary built in the 5th century, where an image was already venerated wood of the Virgin.
Hotels near Church Piedigrotta
Checkout accommodations closest to Church Piedigrotta
Attractions Near Church Piedigrotta
13.59km from Church Piedigrotta
The long beach is located between two cliffs. The right cliff, that of Torrazzo, is a rocky wall full of cavities. Here swallows, sea birds and the peregrine falcon find shelter. The vegetation is mainly composed of herbs, prickly pears, carnations from the cliffs, mastic trees, olive trees and euphorbias. The left cliff is occupied by villas and houses that slope towards the sea and continue towards the Pietragrande side.
Riserva naturale regionale Valli Cupe
16.64km from Church Piedigrotta
The Valli Cupe Regional Nature Reserve was established with the regional law of 21 December 2016. It is an important naturalistic area of Calabria, in particular in the Presila Catanzaro area, a step away from the Gariglione and with the city of Sersale at its center. The particularity of the area is linked to the presence of waterfalls, gorges, ancient trees, botanical rarities, and monoliths.
34.65km from Church Piedigrotta
The Angitola lake or lake dell'Angitola is an artificial lake in the province of Vibo Valentia, in the territory of the municipalities of Maierato and Monterosso Calabro. The lake occupies an area of about 1.96 km² and is located in the extreme south of the plain of Sant'Eufemia, about 3 km from the Gulf of Sant'Eufemia. Around the lake, there are olive groves and Mediterranean scrub. There is also a reforestation belt with Aleppo pine.
37.12km from Church Piedigrotta
The Ampollino Lake is an artificial lake located in Sila. The construction of the barrage began in 1916 and ended in 1927. King Vittorio Emanuele III took part in its inauguration. This lake has a particular characteristic, in fact, it bathes three different provinces: that of Cosenza, that of Crotone, and that of Catanzaro. It was the first artificial reservoir to be built in Sila.
Natural regional park of Serre
40.71km from Church Piedigrotta
The Serre Regional Natural Park is a protected natural area of the Calabria region, established in 2004. Located between Aspromonte and Sila, it is crossed by two long mountain ranges, large forests, among them the Stilo forest and rivers with waterfalls such as Marmarico, in the city of Bivongi, and the waterfall by Pietra Cupa, at the Fiumara Assi de Guardavalle.
41.22km from Church Piedigrotta
The Norman castle of Santa Severina also called Carafa or of Roberto il Guiscardo, the Norman king who ordered its construction in the eleventh century is a castle in the town of Santa Severina. The structure covers approximately 10,000 m² and overlooks the wide valley of the Neto river and the hills of the Marquisate of Crotone, near Crotone. It is composed of a square keep and four cylindrical towers that are located on the sides of the castle; it is also flanked by four protruding bastions a
Discover More Attractions in Calabria, Home of Church Piedigrotta
Calabria attracts year-round tourism, offering both summer and winter activities, in addition to its cultural, historical, artistic heritage, it has an abundance of protected natural habitats and 'green' zones. The 485 miles of its coast make Calabria a tourist destination during the summer. The low industrial development and the lack of major cities in much of its territory have allowed the maintenance of indigenous marine life.