Attractions to explore nearby Grand Canal
Grand Canal, or "Canalazzo for the Venetian, is the main channel of Venice, which divides the city into two. It represents the main communication route along Venice's most important buildings are located in Oraa. The 16ft-deep Venice Grand Canal – known by locals as the Canalazzo – has over 170 buildings built along its two-and-a-half-mile length, many of them grand palazzos.
Palazzo Grassi is a Venetian civil building, located in the San Marco district and overlooking the Grand Canal. It is one of the most famous lagoon buildings, as well as home to art exhibitions worthy of particular interest: it is famous because it is defined as the last patrician palace overlooking the Grand Canal before the collapse of the Serenissima Republic of Venice.
Basilica S.Maria Gloriosa dei Frari is a church located in the Campo dei Frari at the heart of the San Polo district of Venice, Italy. One of the most prominent churches in the city. Originally built between 1236 and 1338 by the Franciscan Conventual Friars, the structure was thoroughly re-modeled in the XIV century and given its present most magnificent form of the central nave, two side aisles, and seven apsidal chapels after the Franciscan-Gothic style.
Ca' Rezzonico is a palazzo on the Grand Canal in the Dorsoduro sestiere of Venice, Italy. It is a particularly notable example of the 18th century Venetian baroque and rococo architecture and interior decoration, and displays paintings by the leading Venetian painters of the period, including Francesco Guardi and Giambattista Tiepolo. It is a public museum dedicated to 18th-century Venice and one of the 11 venues managed by the Fondazione Musei Civici di Venezia.
The Scuola Grande di San Rocco is a building in Venice, northern Italy. It is a unique site, where over 60 paintings are preserved in their original setting in a building that has hardly undergone any alteration since its construction. Almost all the work is by Tintoretto, his assistant and his son Domenico, some of his main works include Sala terrena, sala superiore, sala dell’albergo. The building is especially famous because it is where Tintoretto worked for more than 20 years.
Campo San Polo is the largest campo in Venice, second in size only to Piazza San Marco. The name derives from the church of San Polo which rises in the southwestern corner facing the apse. Initially, it was intended for crops and pastures. In 1493 it was entirely paved and the well was placed in the center of the field. After the pavement, it was used as a place for markets, fairs, and large meetings.
The Palazzo Fortuny is a palazzo gothic of Venice located in the district of San Marco. It takes its name from the last owner, the artist Mariano Fortuny y Madrazo, and is home to the homonymous museum. Today the museum is part of the Venice Civic Museums Foundation. Previously, the building was known as Palazzo Pesaro degli Orfei. The palace became for a time the seat of the Orfei Philharmonic Academy, hence the name Palazzo Pesaro degli Orfei, with which it was later known.
The Accademia Bridge is the southernmost of the four Venice bridges that cross the Grand Canal . It connects San Vidal to the former Church of Santa Maria della Carità. The bridge links the sestieri of Dorsoduro and San Marco. One of the iconic locations in this area which was famous among tourists.
The Galleria dell'Accademia in Florence is an Italian state museum, located in via Ricasoli together with the Academy of fine arts. The gallery exhibits the largest number of Michelangelo's sculptures in the world, including the famous David. Inside the museum, there are also other sections, including the largest and most important collection in the world of pictorial works with a gold background, and the Museum of musical instruments, where many artifacts belonging to the historical collection
The Gran Teatro La Fenice, located in the San Marco district in Campo San Fantin, is today the main opera house in Venice, as well as one of the most prestigious in the world. Every year it holds the traditional New Year's Concert. Twice destroyed and rebuilt, it was the site of important opera and symphonic seasons and the International Festival of Contemporary Music. In the nineteenth century, the theater was the site of numerous world premieres of works by Gioachino Rossini, Vincenzo Bellini
Palazzo Contarini del Bovolo is a building late Gothic of Venice , located in the district of San Marco , near Campo Manin , and overlooking the Rio di San Luca. It has a simple, linear and elegant appearance. The palazzo was designed and built in its current form in the 15th century by the architect Giovanni Candi as one of the city residences of the Contarini family. It is now one of the tourist attractions in this area.
The Peggy Guggenheim Collection is one of the most important museums of European and American art of the twentieth century in Italy. The museum presents Peggy Guggenheim's personal collection, masterpieces from the Hannelore B. and Rudolph B. Schulhof Collection, a sculpture garden as well as temporary exhibitions. It also includes works of prominent Italian futurists and American modernists working in such genres as Cubism, Surrealism, and abstract expressionism.
Palazzo Mocenigo is a stately building in Venice, located at number 1992 in the Santa Croce district, along the salizada of San Stae. It is the seat of the Museum of Palazzo Mocenigo - Study Center of the History of Textiles, Costume and Perfume. The building consists of five levels: ground floor, mezzanine, two noble floors, and a mezzanine with an attic. The building also houses the Library of the Cinema Circuit.
Rialto is a scattered Italian town of 563 inhabitants in the province of Savona in Liguria. It was the financial and commercial heart of the city. Rialto is known for its prominent markets as well as for the monumental Rialto Bridge across the Grand Canal. it was one of the busiest streets in this area and also a popular hangout place too.
Rialto Bridge is a stone-arch bridge crossing over the narrowest point of the Grand Canal in the heart of Venice. Built in the closing years of the 16th century, the Rialto Bridge is the oldest bridge across the canal and is renowned as an architectural and engineering achievement of the Renaissance. it has been rebuilt several times since its first construction as a pontoon bridge in 1173, and is now a significant tourist attraction in the city.
An international gallery that preserves and contains a vast collection of nineteenth and twentieth-century works of art. It is located in the neighborhood Santa Croce and in one of the most representative Venetian Baroque palaces in the city. It houses 19th and 20th century collections of paintings and sculptures, as well as a section on graphic art.
Santa Maria Della Salute is a basilica in Venice built in the Punta Della Dogana area, from where it stands out in the panorama of the San Marco Basin and the Grand Canal. Designed by Baldassare Longhena with attention to the models of Palladio, it is one of the best expressions of Venetian Baroque architecture. Its construction represents an ex-voto to the Madonna by the Venetians for the liberation from the plague that between1630 and 1631 decimated the population.
The Scalzi Bridge is a structure in Istrian stone, with a normal arch, shoulders with columns of Istrian stone. The bridge connects the sestieri of Santa Croce and Cannaregio. On the north side, Cannaregio, are the Chiesa degli Scalzi ( and the Santa Lucia (Ferrovia) railway station. The south side is the sestiere of Santa Croce.
The bridge of the Constitution is the bridge that crosses the Grand Canal of Venice between Piazzale Roma and the Venezia Santa railway station Lucia. The bridge, designed by Spanish architect Santiago Calatrava and built using mainly steel and glass, was opened to pedestrian traffic on the night of 11 September 2008. Tourists and locals in Venice now refer to it as the Calatrava Bridge.