Villa Necchi Campiglio
Via Mozart, 14, 20122 Milano MI, Italy
About Villa Necchi Campiglio
Villa Necchi Campiglio is a historic residence which is part of the " Case Museo di Milano " circuit. Located in via Mozart 14, it was built between 1932 and 1935 as an independent single-family house based on a design by Piero Portaluppi, one of the greatest Italian architects of that period, and is surrounded by a large garden with a tennis court and swimming pool.
Attractions near Villa Necchi Campiglio
The Civic Museum of Natural History of Milan was founded in 1838 and is one of the most important naturalistic museums in Europe. It is part of the scientific museum pole of the museum sector of the Municipality of Milan. The museum is divided into five different permanent sections: Mineralogy, Paleontology, Natural History of Man, Invertebrate Zoology.
The beautiful Via Monte Napoleone traces the old city walls built by Roman Emperor Maximian. In the first half of the 19th century, the street was reconstructed almost entirely in a neoclassical style and lined with the palaces of Milan's highest aristocracy. Via Monte Napoleone is particularly famous for its ready-to-wear clothing- and jewelry shops.
The Bagatti Valsecchi Museum is a historic residence located in the Montenapoleone district, in the center of Milan. "Palazzo Bagatti Valsecchi", which houses the museum, was purchased by the Lombardy Region in 1975 and is one of the most important and best-preserved museum houses in Europe. Since October 2008 it has been part of the " Case Museo di Milano " circuit.
The Indro Montanelli public gardens are a park in Milan, located in the Porta Venezia area. Inaugurated in 1784 by the Habsburg administration, they were the first Milanese park expressly intended for collective entertainment. For over two centuries they have been called public gardens, gardens of Porta Venezia, Via Palestro gardens or simply the gardens, and use has yet taken root. Since 2002 they have been named after the journalist and essayist Indro Montanelli, who used to spend part of hi
The church of San Bernardino alle Ossa is a church in Milan, located in Piazza Santo Stefano. Also mentioned in the past as San Bernardino ai Morti, the church is known for its ossuary, whose walls are mostly covered with bones to form real decorations. The ossuary was considered a sinister but popular place, where the interior walls were decorated with human bones and skulls. It is very similar to the church in Rome called Santa Maria della Concezione dei Cappuccini.
The Poldi Pezzoli Museum is a house museum located in the central Via Manzoni in Milan; was created by Count Gian Giacomo Poldi Pezzoli who, by means of a testamentary disposition of 1871, had set up a Poldi-Pezzoli artistic foundation that would collect in perpetuity the works of art he himself collected and that was in the home at the time of his death. The autonomous foundation was later erected as a non-profit organization with Royal Decree in 1887.
Where is Villa Necchi Campiglio
Discover more attractions in Lombardy, where Villa Necchi Campiglio is located