6 Lighthouses to explore in Germany
Country with the largest population in Europe. Stretches from the North and the Baltic Sea in the north to the Alps in the south. It is traversed by some of Europe's major rivers such as the Rhine, Danube and Elbe.
The lighthouse Friedrichsort is a 31.7 meter high round reinforced concrete lighthouse with a diameter in the central area of 3.5 meters in the colors green and white. It stands on a small island directly on the beach, on the northwest side in the Kiel Fjord in front of Friedrichsort, north of the Kiel Canal at the point where the fjord has its narrowest point. It serves as a guide, cross-mark, and orientation light for entry into the port of Kiel and the locks of the Kiel Canal and marks the
The Amrum lighthouse is in the south of the German North Sea island of Amrum, about two kilometers west of Wittdün. It belongs to the municipality of Nebel and is one of the landmarks of the island. It is open to the public in the summer months. Also on Amrum are the beacons of Norddorf and Nebel and the disused fire carriers of Wittdün. The Wriakhörn beacon was dismantled in 2016.
The Dahmeshöved lighthouse is a beacon in the municipality of Dahme in the Ostholstein district in Schleswig-Holstein. It was built in 1878/79 according to plans by Ludwig Alexander Veitmeyer on a Höved and was used for shipping on the Lübeck-Gedser-Weg in the Lübeck and Mecklenburg Bay. The lighthouse, which is a listed building, had an air mist sound system or a foghorn.
The Staberhuk lighthouse is located in the southeast of the island of Fehmarn, a few kilometers east of the Fehmarnsund Bridge. Together with the Flügge lighthouse, it marks the route in Fehmarnsund. The tower is equipped with the original belt lens from the English lighthouse on Heligoland, which was dismantled in 1902. It has a height of 2.41 m and a focal length of 925 mm. It was one of the main attractions in this area.
The Alte Weser lighthouse is located in the German Bight in front of the Weser estuary. It replaced the Roter Sand lighthouse built-in 1883–1885. It consists of reinforced concrete with a steel jacket and steel structures. It is built 'offshore' in the sand at around 11 m above sea level, the height of the structure is around 40 m above sea level. The range is between 18 and 23 nm, depending on the lighting sector.
A lighthouse located near Warnow river, Warnemünde. The lighthouseis 36.9 meters high and was put in service in 1898. The lighthouse can be climbed by a granite spiral staircase and the tower has two galleries used as panoramic viewing platforms for visitors. Each year a large lighthouse show with laser light and music is celebrated on New Year's Day.